HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues

If you could create a Hockey League...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-19-2012, 04:01 PM
  #51
IceFlyersRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoRussianAlaskan View Post
Gainesville - No where near the Gulf Coast, not sure arena has ice capabilities, and hockey would be third in line when selecting weekend dates
Mobile - last time someone tried to bring hockey there they asked for $10k a game in rent to scare them off
Birmingham - arena is either too big (BJCCC) or too small (Pelham) for AA hockey
New Orleans - where would they play? No arena in town that's in good enough shape or isn't too big for AA hockey. They could try New Orleans Arena again but it would be a cavern.
Montgomery - where would they play?
Tallahassee - Third in line for weekend dates again.
Savannah - the Savannah Hockey Classic only sells out because of the fans that travel from out of town to watch the schools that compete; not many locals attend.

Just to name a few.

Also, if you've gone to Ice Flyers games this season, you wouldn't know me but you've seen me most likely.
I understand mobile,savanah,tally,birmingham.they could happen but id doubt it ...Montgomery would play in Garrett coliseum its a raggady old arena with 8,000 seats in the center of town no there is no ice..but remember all my teams are fantasy so its more of what a perfect to me league would look like . i wouldnt doubt that every team you stated wont happen couldnt but I would agree in real life they would have a hard time coming to fruition. and yes I have been to about 10 games this past season. I dont think I know you.

IceFlyersRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 06:09 PM
  #52
IceFlyersRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
as a matter of fact ive been wanting to have somebody make some logos for my teams. made up or revived. I would love it if someone on here could do some.PM me or just post if you want.

IceFlyersRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:20 PM
  #53
Titans219
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Here's my idea for a hockey league: League Name: Coast League (CL) (AA) League
Eastern Conference/East Division
Atlantic City Aces
Brooklyn BaySox
Connecticut Crush
New York Gators
Philadelphia Storm
Wilmington Red Claws

Eastern Conference/Midwest Division
Green Bay Admirals
Iowa Storm
Kalamazoo Riverhawks
Kansas City Outlaws
Muskegon Fury
Port Huron Predators
Quad City Cyclones
Rockford Raptors

Western Conference/Mountain Division
Calgary Stampede
Colorado Blizzard
Idaho Broncos
Seattle Thunder
Tacoma Lynx
Utah Blaze
Vancouver Roadrunners

Western Conference/Pacific Division
Anaheim Suns
Fresno Force
Las Vegas Vipers
Modesto Monsters
Reno Stingrays
San Diego Surf
San Jose Jaguars

Titans219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:07 PM
  #54
IceFlyersRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans219 View Post
Here's my idea for a hockey league: League Name: Coast League (CL) (AA) League
Eastern Conference/East Division
Atlantic City Aces
Brooklyn BaySox
Connecticut Crush
New York Gators
Philadelphia Storm
Wilmington Red Claws

Eastern Conference/Midwest Division
Green Bay Admirals
Iowa Storm
Kalamazoo Riverhawks
Kansas City Outlaws
Muskegon Fury
Port Huron Predators
Quad City Cyclones
Rockford Raptors

Western Conference/Mountain Division
Calgary Stampede
Colorado Blizzard
Idaho Broncos
Seattle Thunder
Tacoma Lynx
Utah Blaze
Vancouver Roadrunners

Western Conference/Pacific Division
Anaheim Suns
Fresno Force
Las Vegas Vipers
Modesto Monsters
Reno Stingrays
San Diego Surf
San Jose Jaguars
Not exactly sure where all your teams woild play but that certainly is a nice league! some of the markets seen they could be AAA.

IceFlyersRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 01:04 AM
  #55
akacesfan
Leafs/Aces/Seawolves
 
akacesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Anchorage, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
Here's an idea for a west coast league that may end up working...

WAHL (Western America Hockey League) - Not creative, but it works. I took the liberty of including an arena for each team to make the league more viable.

South Division

El Paso (El Paso County Coliseum)
Fresno (Selland Arena)
New Mexico (Santa Ana Star Center)
Reno (Reno Events Center)
Tucson (Tucson Convention Center)

North Division

Broomfield (Broomfield Event Center)
Chilliwack (Prospera Center)
Montana (Rimrock Auto Arena)
Tacoma (Tacoma Dome)
Wenatchee (Town Toyota Center)

akacesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:18 AM
  #56
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by akacesfan View Post
Here's an idea for a west coast league that may end up working...

WAHL (Western America Hockey League) - Not creative, but it works. I took the liberty of including an arena for each team to make the league more viable.

South Division

El Paso (El Paso County Coliseum)
Fresno (Selland Arena)
New Mexico (Santa Ana Star Center)
Reno (Reno Events Center)
Tucson (Tucson Convention Center)

North Division

Broomfield (Broomfield Event Center)
Chilliwack (Prospera Center)
Montana (Rimrock Auto Arena)
Tacoma (Tacoma Dome)
Wenatchee (Town Toyota Center)
Isn't Reno still a bridesmaid for the ECHL primarily because that arena does not yet exist? I know a new facility in Reno has been talked about for what seems like forever, and for one reason or another, it always seems to get put off.

Seems like most of the other venues could work, though.


Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:00 PM
  #57
IceFlyersRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Isn't Reno still a bridesmaid for the ECHL primarily because that arena does not yet exist? I know a new facility in Reno has been talked about for what seems like forever, and for one reason or another, it always seems to get put off.

Seems like most of the other venues could work, though.

its never gonna happen.

IceFlyersRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2012, 09:06 PM
  #58
IceFlyersRule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
On another note,my IHl is has lost all of its east coast franchises due to me wanting to keep the league more origional, I gave all the ex-Ahl franchises I had in the last year league.and then baltimore,atlanta idaho falls all folded and a couple more west coast teams folded.then I had the cincinatti cyclones defect to the SEHL with the orlando solar bears for next year. ill post the 2012-2013 team lineup sometime this summer on the thread. but the IHL is the most changed so far of all my leagues.also its more moldeled as the AHL of the west!

IceFlyersRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.