HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Canadian Customs & Duties on Hockey Imports

Old
04-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Jebuz

vCash: 500
Canadian Customs & Duties on Hockey Imports

Hey guys,

Can't find a store in Canada that sells the VR-903 Oakley Visors at a reasonable price but found a place in the States that sells them for $82 with shipping included.

Question is, has anyone imported hockey equipment from the U.S/elsewhere? If so, what kind of customs and duties can I expect?

Thank you,
- Chris

Last edited by Jebuz: 04-06-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
Jebuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:04 PM
neksys

Hard to say. Duties are based on all sorts of factors like country of manufacture, destination, trade agreements, classification of goods, etc.

You can expect to pay prov/fed taxes on the goods, plus 4-10% in customs/duties. So if you are in BC, expect to pay anywhere from 10-22% extra.

neksys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 03:10 PM
TrueBlue86

it sucks bauer won't even ship to canada from ice warehouse

TrueBlue86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Copeland

Aren't we allowed to bring in a certain amount without tax? Wouldnt those visors fall under the new $200 limit if you wait til July to get them? :p (otherwise I think you are over the current limit...)

Edit: yeah I agree the Bauer situation is stupid.

Also realized, I assumed you were going to go down to the States physically... Scratch what I said if you are ordering online I guess lol.

Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:12 AM
theFinn

It depends on the shipping method. If you ship FedEx it's all included in the shipping price the majority of the time. If you ship UPS they'll charge you any duty, plus a brokerage fee. If you ship USPS you'll only pay the customs charges.

I orded about $160 worth of stuff last month from HockeyTron, shipped USPS, and wasn't charged any duty fees at all so there may be a limit you have to hit before they start charging you... or I just got lucky.

theFinn is offline   Reply With Quote