HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Game #80 : KINGS vs. OILERS - Monday, 4/2/’12 @ 7:30 pm PDT {PRIME-Ticket TV}

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-02-2012, 06:24 PM
  #51
KingsCourt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,534
vCash: 500
Just win baby!

KingsCourt is online now  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:28 PM
  #52
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 18,819
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsCourt View Post
Just win baby!
You go to Santa Anita a lot don't you?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:33 PM
  #53
Hatter
All about the Bob
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ojai, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Imagine if he had a 2nd or 3rd line to back him up.
imagine what he would have if he continued to play like it didnt matter that he didnt have a second or third line and decided not to dissapear every season for 20-30 games

Hatter is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 06:35 PM
  #54
Hatter
All about the Bob
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ojai, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan999 View Post
not that this will happen, but if kings lose, then coyotes lose tomorrow, AND dallas beats SJ in OT...

points wise all four teams are tied for 3rd and 9th.
Bettman would climax if he read this post.

Hatter is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 07:53 PM
  #55
KingNothing4
Registered User
 
KingNothing4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Basement of Staples
Country: United States
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Hopefully come out hard tonight. Gotta get the 2pts. Season sure went fast to me.

KingNothing4 is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 08:13 PM
  #56
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
didnt realize Kopitar now has 72 points, what a beast, and some people wanted him traded, sigh
The point is 72 points is not enough from Kopitar. Had he been more consistent in driving the middle of the ice this season the Kings would be running away with the Pacific Division title instead of fighting for their lives the last week of the season.

People don't want him traded, people want him to stop playing on the perimeter for 25-30 games a season. If he isn't willing to get to the middle on an every game basis, then the Kings will never win a cup with him as the #1 center.

He has all the tools. I am rooting for him. I hope he has a toolbox that is adequate.

KINGS17 is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 08:24 PM
  #57
Rusty Batch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
The point is 72 points is not enough from Kopitar. Had he been more consistent in driving the middle of the ice this season the Kings would be running away with the Pacific Division title instead of fighting for their lives the last week of the season.

People don't want him traded, people want him to stop playing on the perimeter for 25-30 games a season. If he isn't willing to get to the middle on an every game basis, then the Kings will never win a cup with him as the #1 center.

He has all the tools. I am rooting for him. I hope he has a toolbox that is adequate.
Hes gonna finish with anoit 75 points. Thats an awful lot on this team. If u need to put kings players in your doghouse look elsewhere. Kopi is the least of our concerns.

Rusty Batch is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 08:36 PM
  #58
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre
 
HansH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Batch View Post
Hes gonna finish with anoit 75 points. Thats an awful lot on this team. If u need to put kings players in your doghouse look elsewhere. Kopi is the least of our concerns.
Since when is "he's great when he's on, I wish he were on for the 20-25 games a year he disappears for as well" the same as "putting a player in (your) doghouse"? It's an observation that there is an element of his game that UNQUESTIONABLY could be improved, nothing more, nothing less.

You want "in the doghouse", look at Penner and Stoll and how they're regularly (deservedly) raked over the coals on this board. The mild point about Kopi that you overreacted to is nothing.

That said, Kopi is also NOT "the least of our concerns". He may be way down on the list, but the actual "least of our concerns" is Quick. Kopi is a tiny bit more of one.

HansH is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 08:56 PM
  #59
Scottkmlps
Moderator
 
Scottkmlps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ladysmith, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,358
vCash: 500
Win tonight, and win the home game against the Sharks and they're in.

Scottkmlps is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:13 PM
  #60
Rusty Batch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
Since when is "he's great when he's on, I wish he were on for the 20-25 games a year he disappears for as well" the same as "putting a player in (your) doghouse"? It's an observation that there is an element of his game that UNQUESTIONABLY could be improved, nothing more, nothing less.

You want "in the doghouse", look at Penner and Stoll and how they're regularly (deservedly) raked over the coals on this board. The mild point about Kopi that you overreacted to is nothing.

That said, Kopi is also NOT "the least of our concerns". He may be way down on the list, but the actual "least of our concerns" is Quick. Kopi is a tiny bit more of one.
I was commenting more on the sentiment of the post then what was actually said there. There is a certain element of our fan base that is highly critical of Kopitar. I beleive Kings17 is in that group. So i was responding to that.


Kopitar is the best player on this team and also one of the elite 2 way players in the league. Lets just appreciate him and not make comments like "he should have more then 72 points"

Rusty Batch is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:20 PM
  #61
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre
 
HansH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Batch View Post
Kopitar is the best player on this team and also one of the elite 2 way players in the league. Lets just appreciate him and not make comments like "he should have more then 72 points"
Agree to disagree then -- because yes he is elite... and because he's elite, he should have more than 72 points.

HansH is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:34 PM
  #62
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,153
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Can't get much bigger than these three games. Get it done! GO KINGS!

The world is watching. Only game on tonight.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:37 PM
  #63
lak4ever
Registered User
 
lak4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Valley Girl
Country: United States
Posts: 2,906
vCash: 500
Almost game time!

lak4ever is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:43 PM
  #64
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,153
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Eager being a goony *******.

Telos is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:44 PM
  #65
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,223
vCash: 500
Very goonish

ScoreZeGoals is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:44 PM
  #66
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 15,856
vCash: 500
****ing eager

Cruel11 is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:44 PM
  #67
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,743
vCash: 500
What a ****ing ****** bag ******.

no name is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:45 PM
  #68
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,798
vCash: 500
Eager was eager to ground 'n pound.

Vamos Rafa is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:45 PM
  #69
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 8,679
vCash: 500
Eager is a piece of ****.

DocWest is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:45 PM
  #70
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,383
vCash: 500
***** move by Eager. Nolan was down on the ice and didn't have his gloves off.

johnjm22 is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:45 PM
  #71
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,153
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Of course we get the extra penalty there... Lucky it equals out.

Telos is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:45 PM
  #72
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,972
vCash: 500
Eager is a *****

DAkings20 is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:45 PM
  #73
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Go kings go!!!!!!!!!!!!

etherialone is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:45 PM
  #74
lak4ever
Registered User
 
lak4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Valley Girl
Country: United States
Posts: 2,906
vCash: 500
Wtf eager?

lak4ever is offline  
Old
04-02-2012, 09:46 PM
  #75
onlyalad
Registered User
 
onlyalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,272
vCash: 500
Ok Now the Kings need to embarrass them.

onlyalad is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.