HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

What are your hope for the last part of this season?

Old
02-17-2014, 12:56 AM
coopdaloop123
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
What are your hope for the last part of this season?

Just wondering what your guys hope and expectations are for the last 20 or so games of the season?

Not talking about what to do in the offseason, but what you expect from what we currently have.

Edit: Meant for title to say "hopes" ... it's 2 am sorry haha

coopdaloop123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 01:17 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by coopdaloop123 View Post
Just wondering what your guys hope and expectations are for the last 20 or so games of the season?

Not talking about what to do in the offseason, but what you expect from what we currently have.

I don't expect us to go on any kind of run during the final stretch of the season. Sux to lose out seeing Sasha play the rest of the season. Maybe we see Trocheck get a call up but truthfully, why mess up San Antonio's run.

Not what you were asking for Coop but honestly, at this point, I'm fine with having a Top 4 pick in the draft and getting one of Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett, or Dal Colle. Might as well get compensated for a crappy season. Getting a few more wins that pushes us out of the Top 4 does nothing for me.

Let's mini-purge at the trade deadline, have a good draft, re-tool in the offseason, and come back next season.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 01:21 AM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Young, important players don't get injured.

Serious inquiry into the effectiveness and competency of the Panthers medical/training staff.

StrangeVision is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 05:51 AM
Goldfart

This week without the Panthers has been like a vacation for me. Barkov getting injured is like going on vacation and coming home only to find out your dog has died.

My hopes for the rest of the season are for Huby to get his game back, some more sick plays by Jugs, and for Markstrom to get some starts (only so I can see my woman get angry when he lets in a softie and call him Suckstrom lol).

Goldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here

Young guys like Huberdeau, Bjugstad and Gudbranson need to play at the top level and anything less is NOT tolerated. You had nice little vacation in the middle of the season. Time to go back to work and show this organization something. Especially, Gudbranson. He's gotta step it up. Get more engaged and show up on the scoresheet in a place besides the minus column. That pick is lookin' bad these days, unless you're talking about "preseason Gudbranson".

I don't care what happens to the veterans. Most of them failed us and are gonna get rightfully dealt elsewhere. I don't care where, just get 'em outta here. Outta my sight.

Don Tibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 09:37 AM
ShootIt

No more injuries, and the young guys continue to play well.

Hopefully Huby gets paired with Shore and regains some confidence.

Would like to see Bergenheim-Shore-Huberdeau & Flash-Bjugstad-Upshall as the top six.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 10:42 AM
panthersfan94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Tibbles View Post
Young guys like Huberdeau, Bjugstad and Gudbranson need to play at the top level and anything less is NOT tolerated. You had nice little vacation in the middle of the season. Time to go back to work and show this organization something. Especially, Gudbranson. He's gotta step it up. Get more engaged and show up on the scoresheet in a place besides the minus column. That pick is lookin' bad these days, unless you're talking about "preseason Gudbranson".

I don't care what happens to the veterans. Most of them failed us and are gonna get rightfully dealt elsewhere. I don't care where, just get 'em outta here. Outta my sight.
I don't know who you have been watching, but it must not be Gudbranson. He has been one of our best if not the best defenseman on our team for most of this year, especially in our own zone. When he played with Olsen, that was probably our best defense pairing. He wasn't drafted to be Campbell so not sure why you're expecting so many points. He's also one of our toughest players and isn't afraid to mix it up with anybody. Plus/minus is not a reliable stat and when he has to play with Jovo it's going to be hard to keep his plus/minus up. If you don't like him, too bad because he's going to be one of our core defensemen for a long time.

panthersfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Gudbranson44

I am hoping for huberdeau to regain his mojo, gudbranson to show offensive capabilities like in the preseason, bjugstad to dominate the 1st line, atleast one actually good trade for us, and the team finishes strong and doesn't give up regardless how hopeless it is for us to reach the playoffs. Im sick of seeing AHL teams play at the end of each season, we need to change that

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Gudbranson4Prez
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Get a top 3 pick, trade the useless vets for anything, get a glimpse if Grimaldi after his season ends.

Gudbranson4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 11:54 AM
hockey dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
No more injuries, and the young guys continue to play well.

Hopefully Huby gets paired with Shore and regains some confidence.

Would like to see Bergenheim-Shore-Huberdeau & Flash-Bjugstad-Upshall as the top six.
Number one draft pick here we come!!

hockey dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 11:54 AM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

dont embarrass us fans or let us down more than they already have.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 12:07 PM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
I don't expect us to go on any kind of run during the final stretch of the season. Sux to lose out seeing Sasha play the rest of the season. Maybe we see Trocheck get a call up but truthfully, why mess up San Antonio's run.

Not what you were asking for Coop but honestly, at this point, I'm fine with having a Top 4 pick in the draft and getting one of Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett, or Dal Colle. Might as well get compensated for a crappy season. Getting a few more wins that pushes us out of the Top 4 does nothing for me.

Let's mini-purge at the trade deadline, have a good draft, re-tool in the offseason, and come back next season.

-ghoste
. This. You are ninja with your words Ghoste.

Hoping Huberdeau/Shore/Bjugstad/Gudbranson/Kulikov/Thomas finish out the season on a positive note. If Flash isn't traded, he must get back to being an offensive top 6 guy. I think with Barkov out, this will make it a harder decision for Tallon if Goc or Matthias are being shopped. Matthias or Goc with a 2nd round pick may get a decent return. I think Goc is the odd man out as Shore fills 3C and Matthias can still play 4C or at wing.

I doubt Kopecky or Upshall can be moved but maybe just maybe. I'm hoping Tallon can acquire a legit 1st/2nd line RW sniper/scorer. The other thing that needs some serious tender loving care is the PP. Get to a 15% clip with the last 24 games. Big off-seasons for the youngsters, you know who especially Markstrom.

Knowing the Panthers and their unpredictability with everything, we start catching fire, miss the playoffs by 5-7pts (3-4 of our early season blowout losses are the difference of missing out) and draft out of the top 10. I hope I'm wrong!

CanadianPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 12:10 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I just want to see whomever might be playing at any given night give it their all. Especially, the young guys who know that they have a future here long-term. Most of the veterans whom I want gone in the near future can't do much to change my mind. No other injuries would be great, but we're the Panthers, so we know there's going to be more unfortunately. To be honest, this is the time of the season where I can't wait for it to end. There's still enough games I still have to attend as a SSO and endure games I know mean nothing in the standings where I'm expecting to do the walk of shame a decent amount of times.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan94 View Post
I don't know who you have been watching, but it must not be Gudbranson. He has been one of our best if not the best defenseman on our team for most of this year, especially in our own zone. When he played with Olsen, that was probably our best defense pairing. He wasn't drafted to be Campbell so not sure why you're expecting so many points. He's also one of our toughest players and isn't afraid to mix it up with anybody. Plus/minus is not a reliable stat and when he has to play with Jovo it's going to be hard to keep his plus/minus up. If you don't like him, too bad because he's going to be one of our core defensemen for a long time.
That isn't saying much considering our position in the standings and the plethora of goals we have given up all year despite Tim Thomas's herculean efforts in net. Also, I don't expect Gudbranson to be an offensive defenseman for the record. However, I do expect him to never live up to his draft position/hype. A player like him could've been picked much lower in my opinion.

Don Tibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 12:20 PM
hockey dude

Tallon has repeatedly said, "If they don't want to be here, we'll move them." I'm guessing there is no team left after trade deadline.

hockey dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 12:35 PM
EnforceTheLaus

Not expecting much in the win column. Just hope the kids stash healthy, team doesn't implode, and we make smart trades.

EnforceTheLaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Top 3 pick
Tallon picks up some plugs so we dont have to ruin Rampage playoff run by calling guys up
Someone smacks Huberdeau and starts playing

I'd love him to move the deadweight but I doubth that happening

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 12:50 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey dude View Post
Tallon has repeatedly said, "If they don't want to be here, we'll move them." I'm guessing there is no team left after trade deadline.
This post wins.

angry_treefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 01:52 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopdaloop123 View Post

I want the medical report from the witchdoctor who cleared barkov

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 02:18 PM
coopdaloop123
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
I want the medical report from the witchdoctor who cleared barkov
Dr. Lexus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkPGlVqqEP0

coopdaloop123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
. This. You are ninja with your words Ghoste.

Hoping Huberdeau/Shore/Bjugstad/Gudbranson/Kulikov/Thomas finish out the season on a positive note. If Flash isn't traded, he must get back to being an offensive top 6 guy. I think with Barkov out, this will make it a harder decision for Tallon if Goc or Matthias are being shopped. Matthias or Goc with a 2nd round pick may get a decent return. I think Goc is the odd man out as Shore fills 3C and Matthias can still play 4C or at wing.

I doubt Kopecky or Upshall can be moved but maybe just maybe. I'm hoping Tallon can acquire a legit 1st/2nd line RW sniper/scorer. The other thing that needs some serious tender loving care is the PP. Get to a 15% clip with the last 24 games. Big off-seasons for the youngsters, you know who especially Markstrom.

Knowing the Panthers and their unpredictability with everything, we start catching fire, miss the playoffs by 5-7pts (3-4 of our early season blowout losses are the difference of missing out) and draft out of the top 10. I hope I'm wrong!
Thanks bud! And that would totally be our luck to play ourselves out of the Top 10. Haha

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2014, 09:20 PM
FlaPanthers11
Kings Bandwagon

All of the young kids play very well and show promising signs for next season.

San Antonio makes a playoff run on the backs of Markstrom, Trocheck, Petrovic, and NCAA guys.

FlaPanthers11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers11 View Post
All of the young kids play very well and show promising signs for next season.

San Antonio makes a playoff run on the backs of Markstrom, Trocheck, Petrovic, and NCAA guys.
Also, I think Houser has been a Huge factor during the last weeks

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 08:37 AM
EnforceTheLaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
Also, I think Houser has been a Huge factor during the last weeks
Yup they both have been very good lately. The biggest change though is they aren't spending 40 minutes a night in the box and not giving up multiple 5 on 3s.

EnforceTheLaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2014, 08:45 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Hope?

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote