HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Joe Colborne has been recalled.

Old
04-02-2012, 09:59 AM
ThreeHundred

vCash: 500
Ohh emergency call up.. He should be back up..

ThreeHundred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:15 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
So much for never doing undeserved call-ups. Kadri clearly deserved this one.
I agree but with the way that Carlyle feels about Kadri.........he may never wear the Toronto Maple Leaf again

Is this RW v2

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:16 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

I love how some people cry and scream for player/organizational scrutiny, but clearly misread, or have absolutely NO CLUE why the players/organization do what they do.

Joe certainly hasn't had things go his way offensively since being sent down, that much is obvious, but to say he's regressed in all of the categories mentioned is silly. As JE said, he has been effective in creating chances for others, and playing a relatively responsible two-way game. The main reason for this call-up is so the new coaching staff can assess Colborne first-hand, and get an idea of what they need from him in the off-season, to further his development, and take his game to the next level, as it applies to the style of play they plan to employ. This should also, as many have stated, give Joe a shot in the arm going into an important Calder Cup run. This playoff is crucial to the organization, and will be priceless to the development of the guys with the Marlies. They want Joe to get his game back on track, and showing him some love in the form of positive reinforcement may be just what the doctor ordered.

I haven't given up on the kid at all. This off-season will be critical, and Being as hard working as he is, I would expect Joe to really buckle down this summer to improve his skating and shot. If he can improve even just those two facets of his game, we're looking at one hell of dangerous pivot. He, like most players 6'4 and up, will develop the physical side of his game as he bulks up and gains strength. Many big players begin to use their size effectively as they mature, which I think we'll see Joe do as he gets older, and fills out his currently lanky frame.

/rant

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Leafsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPfan View Post
It was a poor choice of words given he has not played very well. He clearly does not deserve getting promoted and there's no way BB would ever allow one of his golden boys acquired in a trade he thinks he won to be a healthy scratch for the Marlies.

There are already enough apologists in the Toronto media for Leaf management, players and prospects. This call-up is definitely not based on merit given how poorly he's played compared to other teammates. Until the fan base and local media question the integrity of each move made by management, the malaise will continue.
Does every single move have to be scrutinized and dissected and discussed to such extreme levels.

Wow! An emergency call-up went to a kid that has had a rough year! Who gives a ****!!!

Maybe Carlyle or Burke wants to check out what happens when he plays at the NHL level?? Maybe he's one of those players that needs a more structured game to play well? Maybe they want to give him a boost of confidence? Maybe they don't want to take out a more crucial player for the Marlies? MAybe Kadri is finally starting to tear it up and they do not want to mess withit!

Maybe it's just an emergency call-up for a few meaningless games! Seriously! Who cares!

Question integrity?? I'm questioning a few people's sanity! Seriously!

Leafsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:25 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
So much for never doing undeserved call-ups. Kadri clearly deserved this one.
Why? A centreman got injured so a centreman was recalled.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:26 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Why would the Leafs take the top player of a playoff team off the roster to play meaningless games? Colborne makes perfect sense, because the Marlies won't miss him as much. Same reason Rynnas got a callup in the first place.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:32 AM
OfWolfAndMan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 506
For my money, they brought him up to see what he can do at the NHL level... his drop off is probably quite clear to a lot of people in the front office, and this may be to see if he can be a part of things going forward. If not, they may use him as trade bait to move up in the draft, or secure a goalie.

Just my two cents...

OfWolfAndMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Kulemon

Calling up kids that don't deserve it now? Id rather see Kadri again. He's actually been playing well.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:33 AM
oscarknows

what a joke

kadri practicly wins all 3 games on the weekend been their best player and colbourne has not done anything so lets reward him,goes a long way in develping players in this organization reward those who dont work hard

oscarknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Thrillingbroom

I hear Holzer was pretty deserving of a call-up, I wonder why we didn't call him up...

Thrillingbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Liminality

What surprises me even more is that Grabovski is listed day-to-day with a leg laceration. Thought those were pretty serious, Grabo has to be wolverine the way he heals and doesn't get hurt.

Good on Colborne to be called up, like others have said hopefully this give him a much needed boost of confidence and gets a small taste of the NHL speed he needs to develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarknows View Post
kadri practicly wins all 3 games on the weekend been their best player and colbourne has not done anything so lets reward him,goes a long way in develping players in this organization reward those who dont work hard
I think everyone and Kadri knows he's going to be a full time NHL player next year. Maybe management is on the fence about Colborne and need are trying to put him in a situation to succeed. Let Kadri win those important games in the Marlies while they look at Colborne.

Liminality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

I always say a young rebuilding team should "play the kids", so despite being a day late and dollar short now, I'm happy to see Joey C back with the big club.

Hope he makes a good impression in these final games and continues to develop as a prospect.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:39 AM
mooseOAK*

Kadri had 21 NHL games this season, Colborne will have 12 at best.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:43 AM
LC

great news for the tank

LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Beleafer4

Excellent move.

1) Colborne gets a boost before the playoffs
2) Tank Nation has just gotten stronger!

Nazem Kadri would have been so much more sweet to watch as he has been making dazzling plays lately, but lets face it, we dont want to win right now.

Edit: **** nvm i dont like this move. Forgot about colbornes and crabbs chemistry.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Interactif

You wanna tank, just dress Gus and Komi. Joe when he was up here didn't hurt the team. Think it is doing him a bit of unjustice saying our tank has gotten stronger. At worst he is not going to hurt us 5 on 5.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Drop The Mits
Toronto Blue Dingers

Centre gets injured, centre gets called up. You'd think it'd be common sense right? Not on HF with #teamkadri

Drop The Mits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:58 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

It's depressing me how our prospects underwhelm. Why isn't our scouting / people who access talent better?

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
Centre gets injured, centre gets called up. You'd think it'd be common sense right? Not on HF with #teamkadri
No...it should be the one who deserves it! If a defenseman is playing well, call him up if a center gets hurt

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Thrillingbroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
No...it should be the one who deserves it! If a defenseman is playing well, call him up if a center gets hurt

We must find a way to out tank the Islanders:

Old
04-02-2012, 11:11 AM
birddog*

After Kadri scored and potted the shootout winner in his last call-up, Burke is obviously not risking it and is in line with Tank Nation.

Colborne is the perfect call-up!

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Guy Boucher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Why? A centreman got injured so a centreman was recalled.
Are we just writing random facts now or do you have a particular point to make?

Guy Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Stephen

I'm glad they're auditioning him, he should have gotten a longer look this season, even if he has been undeserving for the past few months. Gotta know what we have for the future.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Thrillingbroom

Quote:
Are we just writing random facts now or do you have a particular point to make?
The position of the injured player seems quite pertinent to who gets the call-up don't you think?

Old
04-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Leaf4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillingbroom View Post
We must find a way to out tank the Islanders:
Wow that's unbelievable. I say we roll 5 goalies next game.

Leaf4Life is offline   Reply With Quote