HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BJs @ Avs Thurs 5th April 7 PM MDT || In which some effort is spent on a GDT

Old
04-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbanana View Post
All star games are joke popularity contests. Vic Lombardi is a ******.
Lombardi could give a crap about the Avs. Hasn't said anything good about them all year, barely gives them a mention every night. Broncos and whoever is winning is all that matters. You don't win, this front running town doesn't care. Local sports coverage in Denver sucks. Pick a channel, it sucks.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SuperJoe

vCash: 697
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pwnerer View Post
Can't wait to hear what injuries Duchene and Downie are playing under. High ankle sprain? Shoulder impingment? Please tell me their seriously injured because they both ********* sucked down the stretch .
If they were that injured we would have been better with ****ing Mauldin or some other AHLers

SuperJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
Really? This guy should be our captain IMO.
I donno i hope EJ gets the captaincy to be honest. Hes older and seems like a guy whos ready for it

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:53 PM
AvsWraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
My goodness. He has heart. WHY isn't he wearing at least an 'A'?
Hopefully he gets the C. He is blaming himself just like Forsberg used to.

AvsWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Really? Don't have the talent. Do you have TV or are you just listening to games on the radio?

The Avs are extremely talented and there are tons of teams that would kill to have our center depth. We appear to have found a great tandem in goal in Varly and Giggy as well as our stud #1 D-man in Johnson. We have an amazing young powerforward in Lando and added 2 pretty good wingers in Downie and McGinn.

We are probably a good, solid #2 and a good solid #3 d-man away from making some noise. After that, some tweaking and perhaps not next year (especially if we bring back sucko) but the year after that, look out mofos.
Agreed. The Avs have immense talent. They need to add SOLID guys on D and a bonafide top-sixer on wing. Not to mention once these guys all get a chance to play a full season together. Should be a fun future for this club.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Doctor No
Retired

Was it as bad as it looked live? And how did we end up shorthanded after Nikitin was clearly the third man in on that altercation?

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsWraith View Post
Well he did only have 5 points in the last 18 games. O'Reilly, Duchene, Hejduk, Mueller, etc should be taking this hard because if they played better down the stretch, we would be in the playoffs.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:54 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
I donno i hope EJ gets the captaincy to be honest. Hes older and seems like a guy whos ready for it
EJ is easily "C" material... but RoR, that guy oozes heart and soul. At least needs an "A" next season.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Goulet17

Giving the C to EJ saves the organization from having to choose between O'Reilly and Lando going forward, both of whom seem like they may want the C.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:55 PM
foppagirl21

Quote:
It will be really interesting to see what happens with the 'C' and 'A's once Hejduk retires. Heck, I wonder if they will name any permanent 'A's this summer and stop with the goofy rotation.

Old
04-05-2012, 10:56 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
Lombardi could give a crap about the Avs. Hasn't said anything good about them all year, barely gives them a mention every night. Broncos and whoever is winning is all that matters. You don't win, this front running town doesn't care. Local sports coverage in Denver sucks. Pick a channel, it sucks.
Problem is CBS imo has the best sports section of all the news channels. That black guy on it, is really good. Talks about everything as an equal share. Not like effin 9news with Broncos and Rockies crap, even in offseason; talking about a Tim Tebow burrito.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:56 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
ROR is really upset.

Staz is like... meh, it's fine.
This is why I don't really care if Stastny gets moved. He doesn't seem like a guy that will elevate his game when the team needs it. RoR replaces him.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:57 PM
foppagirl21

Quote:
EJ is easily "C" material... but RoR, that guy oozes heart and soul. At least needs an "A" next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Giving the C to EJ saves the organization from having to choose between O'Reilly and Lando going forward, both of whom seem like they may want the C.
The Avs should realize how lucky they are. Look at the amount of leadership on this team. Character, heart, and skill. Love it.

Old
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Well he did only have 5 points in the last 18 games. O'Reilly, Duchene, Hejduk, Mueller, etc should be taking this hard because if they played better down the stretch, we would be in the playoffs.
He expects more out of himself, which is good. He shouldn't be satisfied with the way the season ended. Dutchy has most likely been playing hurt, same with Downie.

Mueller's lack of season conditioning caught up with him. I just pray he can put out a full healthy season and see what kind of numbers he puts up.

Hejduk... unless he is hurt, it's tough to argue that it might be time to hang them up. He sounds like he might want to keep playing if the Avs want him back. I'd love to see him rebound but he sure looked invisible for a large chunk of the season.

Old
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Stastny is a good player and hope we keep him, but he cares more about his X5's than hockey.

Old
AvsWraith

Quote:
ROR should not be lumped in with them. This was a huge step up for him this season. He, Lando, EJ, and Varly are the only reasons the Avs were even in the position they were. ROR wore himself out IMO. He did MILES more than Duchene, Mules, or Hejduk though.

Old
04-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
This is why I don't really care if Stastny gets moved. He doesn't seem like a guy that will elevate his game when the team needs it. RoR replaces him.
On the ice Stastny actually did elevate his game when the team needed it. O'Reilly did not.

Not trying to bash O'Reilly here because he had a great season for us and is one of the main reasons why we were close to the playoff spot but that's the truth. He didn't play well in the last month.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:58 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Stastny put up 1G and 1A tonight while O'Reilly's been AWOL (offensively) these past few weeks.

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:59 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephtones View Post
Stastny is a good player and hope we keep him, but he cares more about his X5's than hockey.
C'mon, just because he isn't crying doesn't mean he doesn't care. lol

Old
04-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
I thought EJ was very good overall this season, especially in the 2nd half of the season. Just looking at overall PLAY and not really point production although that will eventually come as well.

To be honest, I think they give it to Landeskog. While O'Reilly and EJ probably both deserve it, I believe that Landeskog is the one player on this team that would wear the "C" and his game would not change at all. It would remain exactly the same or even augment it. With O'Reilly and especially Johnson, I would be concerned that the "C" would have the 'Hejduk effect' and they would feel the weight of the pressure to try and do more than what they are supposed to.

Just my feeling.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:00 PM
AvsWraith

Quote:
On the ice Stastny actually did elevate his game when the team needed it. O'Reilly did not.

Not trying to bash O'Reilly here because he had a great season for us and is one of the main reasons why we were close to the playoff spot but that's the truth. He didn't play well in the last month.
That's because he had to carry everyone earlier on. He wore himself out plain and simple. Least he didn't just go fishing all summer.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:01 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:

I was meaning more so in the playoffs. When the games get even tighter, it doesn't seem like Stastny has the will to compete. Who knows, in 4 months maybe Duchene is gone and Stastny is captain.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:01 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
C'mon, just because he isn't crying doesn't mean he doesn't care. lol
I was just joking.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:02 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephtones View Post
I was just joking.
thank god

Old
04-05-2012, 11:02 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

This is going to be fun, am asking the main board about our future.