HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Possible lock-out season 2012-12: how it affects FEL?

Old
04-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Fat Doctor

vCash: 500
Possible lock-out season 2012-12: how it affects FEL?

So, the upcoming NHL season is in danger, so a lot of players could play in Europe. Many will take a year off or play in AHL of course, but some superstars might be available. But if the season start's at some point, it would be useless to bring some stars to play for a while and mess up the team.

From a Jokerit-fan point of view, here's some players that are plausible:

Teemu Selänne
- Harkimo&Kekäläinen will definitely ask him and there's a small chance he could say yes. I think he's afraid of ending his career and starting a boring family life + a year in Finland for once could be nice for the family.

Tim Thomas or Kari Lehtonen
- Thomas feels bad about leaving Jokerit in trouble in 05/06, that's about only reason to come. A minimum chance. "Kärppä" Lehtonen is in the shape of his life, with a strong Jokerit-backround he could be available. Anyway, Eero Kilpeläinen has a contract for the next year, I dont think he'll be pushed away.

Sami Lepistö
- Isn't quite good enough for NHL, practises with Jokerit during the summer... The most likely player to come.

Brian Campbell
- Maybe he has some warm memories? Would be pretty amazing to see him.

Tim Stapleton
- One of my favourite players of all time. I'm really happy he got his NHL-career going, he's a real athlete and a super-nice guy. Not a club-going *********.

Sean Bergenheim
- Harkimo is his godfather + a strong Jokerit-backround. Maybe.

Valtteri Filppula
- Ilari plays here and Jokerit is Valle's team. He's still young so I suppose he isnt that settled in Detroit? Who wants to live in Detroit without hockey anyway...

Unfortunately Jokerit's team is already quite packed, everyone in our current roster has a contract for 12/13, except Kerälä, Boumedienne, Lupaschuk and Hetenyi (he will get a contract. Plus, Joonas Rask is coming. So one defenseman would be realistic (=Lepistö).

What about other teams?

Fat Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
Players who have played in the NHL this season who have played in Ässät also:

Tom Wandell (LW/C) - If comfortable playing wing, but I'd imagine he would pick Sweden though.

Jason Williams & BJ Crombeen (W/C) - Would probably stay in the AHL, but there could be a chance.

Jussi Rynnäs (G) - We already have Järvenpää and Raanta for next season.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 02:11 AM
Jokerit Wasp

Lepisto, Filppula, Bergenheim and Stapleton would sure be nice!

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:06 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Doctor View Post
Kari Lehtonen

Valtteri Filppula
- Ilari plays here and Jokerit is Valle's team. He's still young so I suppose he isnt that settled in Detroit? Who wants to live in Detroit without hockey anyway...
Lehtonen got married last summer and his wife is american (from Atlanta) and Valtteri has girlfriend from America but boys gotta play some where if the lock out happens.

Few additions are possible but Kekäläinen likes to build his team in longer run (long contracts) so I don't see him signing too much "rentals"

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 03:10 AM
Finnpin

Pelicans could add Avery again

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:54 AM
SittingDuck

Antti miettinen to HPK perhaps?

SittingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Ozkani28

vCash: 50
Mikko and Saku, Lauri Korpikoski for Tps

Ozkani28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Uh ah... hmmm... this is a tricky one for an IFK fan

Olli Jokinen

Niklas Bäckström

Lennart Petrell

Niklas Hagman (?)

Tuomo Ruutu?

Marek Zidlicky perhaps? Yeah, I'm pretty sure he would come.

Tomas Vokoun

Those just off the top of my head.

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 07:41 AM
plaaplaa72

Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72
Quote:
- Thomas feels bad about leaving Jokerit in trouble in 05/06, that's about only reason to come. A minimum chance. "Kärppä" Lehtonen is in the shape of his life, with a strong Jokerit-backround he could be available. Anyway, Eero Kilpeläinen has a contract for the next year, I dont think he'll be pushed away.
I don't think we would get any goalies since we already have 3, Hetenyi, Kilpeläinen and Tuohimaa. And Korpisalo also.

plaaplaa72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:51 PM
RKC

Quote:
So, the upcoming NHL season is in danger, so a lot of players could play in Europe. Many will take a year off or play in AHL of course, but some superstars might be available. But if the season start's at some point, it would be useless to bring some stars to play for a while and mess up the team.

From a Jokerit-fan point of view, here's some players that are plausible:

Teemu Selänne
- Harkimo&Kekäläinen will definitely ask him and there's a small chance he could say yes. I think he's afraid of ending his career and starting a boring family life + a year in Finland for once could be nice for the family.

Sami Lepistö
- Isn't quite good enough for NHL, practises with Jokerit during the summer... The most likely player to come.

Brian Campbell
- Maybe he has some warm memories? Would be pretty amazing to see him.

Tim Stapleton
- One of my favourite players of all time. I'm really happy he got his NHL-career going, he's a real athlete and a super-nice guy. Not a club-going *********.

Sean Bergenheim
- Harkimo is his godfather + a strong Jokerit-backround. Maybe.

Valtteri Filppula

Unfortunately Jokerit's team is already quite packed, everyone in our current roster has a contract for 12/13, except Kerälä, Boumedienne, Lupaschuk and Hetenyi (he will get a contract. Plus, Joonas Rask is coming. So one defenseman would be realistic (=Lepistö).

What about other teams?
I think you could add Tuomo Ruutu that list since we have Jarkko too. I can't see him going to IFK when his brother is playing for Jokerit.

RKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Jokerit Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Lehtonen got married last summer and his wife is american (from Atlanta) and Valtteri has girlfriend from America but boys gotta play some where if the lock out happens."
Be nice for them to show their new wives life in Suomi for a year

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 02:53 PM
ConsolEnergyCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatexiKledjut View Post
Uh ah... hmmm... this is a tricky one for an IFK fan :laugh:

Olli Jokinen

Niklas Bäckström

Lennart Petrell

Niklas Hagman (?)

Tuomo Ruutu?

Marek Zidlicky perhaps? Yeah, I'm pretty sure he would come.

Tomas Vokoun :sarcasm:

Those just off the top of my head.
Mikael Granlund.

ConsolEnergyCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Fat Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsolEnergyCenter View Post
Mikael Granlund.
I think he's full of Finland. In his last interview he was so pissed, and what does he have to accomplish in Finland?

AHL is the right answer for him. A fresh start without everyone recognizing your face and the enormous pressure.

Fat Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsolEnergyCenter View Post
Mikael Granlund.
Quote:
I think he's full of Finland. In his last interview he was so pissed, and what does he have to accomplish in Finland?

AHL is the right answer for him. A fresh start without everyone recognizing your face and the enormous pressure.
Yeah, and I'm pretty much done with him. ****ing annoyed by "kulta-mikke"

Old
04-05-2012, 04:47 AM
bebl

Quote:
Me too. I want Crosby instead of him .

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebl View Post
Me too. I want Crosby instead of him .
Hah. Hah.

He's a very good player, but his personality just annoys me.

Why the sarcasm smiley? Of course I'd WANT Crosby instead of him. Wouldn't you?

Old
04-05-2012, 08:59 AM
bebl

Even if the NHL would be in lock-out, i don't think there would be any better center's on market.

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
I hope you're not kidding, because I feel the same way. I was so happy to see HIFK eliminated from playoffs, because of "Kulta-Mikke" was there, all the ****ing hype on newspapers got old. GL to NHL, Mikke!

Colorado Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Mestaruus

Antti Niemi to Pelicans and him and Hovinen would split games 50/50. However if Hovinen happened to outshine him it wouldn't be a good thing for Niemi's career so maybe he'd choose AHL or Sweden/Switzerland/other FEL club instead.

Mestaruus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:54 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Strange that no one seems to have factored KHL in yet in this thread. Something just tells me that it's the league which would gain the most from a possible NHL lockout.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:41 AM
Mestaruus

Yes very true about KHL. Wonder if NHL would put stop to that some how so their biggest stars like Crosby etc wouldn't go there. This could be a huge status boost for KHL and for it's visibility all over the world and at the same time huge loss to NHL and they could be seen almost equal leagues in the future. Must be a real nightmare situation for NHL.

Selanne could play 1 more season in Jokerit and then quit his career, but what about Saku, would he go to TPS or betray TPS and go to Jokerit with Teemu lol. Most likely both would skip that season though, at least Teemu and then Saku would go alone to TPS i guess if he would choose to play.

Old
04-06-2012, 06:02 AM
MaNNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestaruus View Post
Yes very true about KHL. Wonder if NHL would put stop to that some how so their biggest stars like Crosby etc wouldn't go there. This could be a huge status boost for KHL and for it's visibility all over the world and at the same time huge loss to NHL and they could be seen almost equal leagues in the future. Must be a real nightmare situation for NHL.

Selanne could play 1 more season in Jokerit and then quit his career, but what about Saku, would he go to TPS or betray TPS and go to Jokerit with Teemu lol. Most likely both would skip that season though, at least Teemu and then Saku would go alone to TPS i guess if he would choose to play.
I highly doubt Saku would play at all, but if he would there is no way he'd play in Jokerit... He is a part owner of TPS for god sakes. The question about KHL is an intresting one tho. I wonder how many NHLers would go there should the lockout happen. I doubt people with ties to a club in europe would go to the KHL, but it might attract some North American talent and at least all the Russians. I also wonder how many of the Russians would go back to NHL, if they did spend a year in KHL.

Some possible names for TPS:

Saku Koivu
Mikko Koivu
Lauri Korpikoski
Miikka Kiprusoff
Antero Niittymäki
Sami Salo

MaNNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:29 AM
RKC

I think Selänne would most likely retire if lock-out happened. Of course it would be huge for Jokerit and Finnish hockey if he came back to SM-liiga but I just can't see it happening.

RKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Mestaruus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNNe View Post
He is a part owner of TPS for god sakes.
True. I forgot about that.

This is offtopic, but I see at least all of the young big stars Stamkos, Perry, Taylor Hall, Nugent-Hopkins and all Russian star players of course etc playing in KHL that season if it looked like the whole NHL season was canceled and wont start late. If those KHL teams could find some extra money somewhere to get all these players which i'm sure is possible. It would be a lottery win for the KHL as they could really be seen very close to NHL level league in the future after that if not even.

Old
04-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Mestaruus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaNNe View Post
Some possible names for TPS:

Mikko Koivu
If Mikko went anywhere it would be TPS, but I think Minnesota would rather have him rest the whole season and perhaps let him play few games in the AHL after the injuries he had this season.