Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

Goligoski

Old
03-26-2012, 11:11 AM
No Quarter

vCash: 500
Goligoski

What's up Dallas fans? I'm a Penguins fan and I was just curious on some opinions on Alex Goligoski after being on the stars squad for a year now. Personally he was one of my fav players and I always thought he was gonna be a top 5 off dman. Now I'm really happy with James Neal and Niskanen is turning into a solid player but I still kinda miss AG.

No Quarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

He's been hit or miss this season, his injury might have been the biggest reason he hasn't hit his stride. But something tells me if we make the playoffs, he will hit a higher level.

Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:17 AM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Quarter View Post
What's up Dallas fans? I'm a Penguins fan and I was just curious on some opinions on Alex Goligoski after being on the stars squad for a year now. Personally he was one of my fav players and I always thought he was gonna be a top 5 off dman. Now I'm really happy with James Neal and Niskanen is turning into a solid player but I still kinda miss AG.
I am probably one of his biggest fans on this board but he has really been a disappointment this season, if he was playing anywhere near as well as he was last season he would be great but whether it was the coaching change or the hand injury or him falling to earth he hasn't been up to expectations this year

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:21 AM
txomisc

I have been disappointed with his offensive production this season. He hasnt been as active in the offensive zone or created as many scoring chances with his passing as I expected. I do think he gets a bad rep for his defensive despite the fact that he is generally pretty darn good at being in position and using his stick to prevent scoring chances.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:21 AM
No Quarter

I really hope nobody takes me the wrong way cause I come in peace. I was just curious about him cause I never get to see him play and penguins fans really liked him as a player a lot. I figured in time he'd be an important core piece to the stars future.

Last edited by piqued: 03-26-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
03-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games Seen: 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
I really hope nobody takes me the wrong way cause I come in peace. I was just curious about him cause I never get to see him play and penguins fans really liked him as a player a lot. I figured in time he'd be an important core piece to the stars future.
He wasn't talking about you.

I'm slightly disappointed with him this season, but he's played much better in the second half of the season. He was not good at all to start the season and after the hand injury.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:37 AM
No Quarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
He wasn't talking about you.

I'm slightly disappointed with him this season, but he's played much better in the second half of the season. He was not good at all to start the season and after the hand injury.
Ya I understood him I was just replying to the board as a whole. No big deal. lol

Old
03-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

I think he is slightly injured, which explains why he hasn't been producing as much recently. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of his linemates between this year and last year. My feeling is that other pairs have been getting to play with the top line more. Also the Robidas-Souray pair has been used in a lot of offensive zone draws to get some point shots going. Regardless of why his points aren't great, he is our best defenseman.

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
No brotha not you...lol

Gogo needs to take advantage of Gary Roberts off ice workouts because he is very easy to knock off the puck. If he can put on more muscle and be more physical i think he will be fine.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
I don't have a problem with Goligoski, his game is generally pretty good. I think a lot of the problems with his production are linked directly to this teams' problem with the power play in general. I don't think the power play is run very well and that hurts Goligoski's offense significantly.

Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:27 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
I think he is slightly injured, which explains why he hasn't been producing as much recently. It would be interesting to see a breakdown of his linemates between this year and last year. My feeling is that other pairs have been getting to play with the top line more. Also the Robidas-Souray pair has been used in a lot of offensive zone draws to get some point shots going. Regardless of why his points aren't great, he is our best defenseman.
I've really been disappointed with how he has been used this year in general. Starting right off the season he gets paired with the rotating scratches and it seems he is more likely to be out with less productive forwards.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:31 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
If Robidas wasn't God in management's eyes, there might not be such a huge problem.

I do agree, he might still be hurt. I wonder if his hand or wrist is still injured, as that would explain the lack of production and inability to stay on the puck.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:36 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 20645
My thoughts on Goligoski are pretty well known. I would classify him as a major disappointment. His play has been inferior to both Daley and Larsen which is unacceptable considering the contract he was given and what we gave up for him. He's not even top 30 in defenseman scoring, which was supposed to be his calling card while playing in a home building that will find the flimsiest excuses to dole out secondary assists. The PP, of which he is a featured part, has been dismal. He lacks confidence, assertiveness and just seems generally awkward/unathletic.

That said, he did play well last season, so there is potential within him to be better. It's time for results though.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:26 PM
ScubaSteve*

He hasn't been an all-star this season, but I'd still rather have Goligoski than two James Neals.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Cin
Buck Fettman.

vCash: 513
$4.6 Million.

Cin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 04:08 PM
MrCoffee

For some, Goligoski will never be able to make amends for being the player traded back to Dallas in exchange for James Neal.

MrCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 04:27 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
He hasn't been an all-star this season, but I'd still rather have Goligoski than two James Neals.
Is this sarcasm...?

Old
03-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Is this sarcasm...?
it has to be

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 5355
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Two James Neals in Dallas may have actually been able to match the production 1 is getting in Pittsburgh this year!

Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games Seen: 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Is this sarcasm...?
Look who posted it and you'll know.

Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 04:31 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Look who posted it and you'll know.
Oh, didn't even see that.

Old
03-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
My thoughts on Goligoski are pretty well known. I would classify him as a major disappointment. His play has been inferior to both Daley and Larsen which is unacceptable considering the contract he was given and what we gave up for him. He's not even top 30 in defenseman scoring, which was supposed to be his calling card while playing in a home building that will find the flimsiest excuses to dole out secondary assists. The PP, of which he is a featured part, has been dismal. He lacks confidence, assertiveness and just seems generally awkward/unathletic.

That said, he did play well last season, so there is potential within him to be better. It's time for results though.
I don't think that Larsen and Daley have been better this season, and if they have it isn't by much. The emergence of Larsen is probably related to his pairing with Gogo. I also don't think you can blame the entire PP on him, it's the one area the Stars have really missed Brad Richards (although not the hundreds of shorthanded breakaways against).

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:51 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 20645
Nah, Larsen was even better with Fistric, not Goligoski.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:07 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

Daley is our #1 right now. This game only cemented that fact in my mind.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Daley is our #1 right now. This game only cemented that fact in my mind.
And I am Mary Queen of Scots.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote