HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Getting a new glove: Velocity T7000 or Bauer Vapor

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2004, 10:51 PM
  #1
User571
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Between the Pipes
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to User571
Getting a new glove: Velocity T7000 or Bauer Vapor

Could anyone that has tried both tell me which is lighter? Thanks in advance .

User571 is offline  
Old
12-06-2004, 07:43 PM
  #2
DaveyCrockett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurminen31
Could anyone that has tried both tell me which is lighter? Thanks in advance .
Why don't you just go to the store? You will have to try them on anyways before you buy them.

DaveyCrockett is offline  
Old
12-08-2004, 05:22 PM
  #3
User571
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Between the Pipes
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to User571
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyCrockett
Why don't you just go to the store? You will have to try them on anyways before you buy them.
I would have thought of that. Unfortunately I live in Nothockeytown,USA, and when I posted had tried on a Vapor only once, and same w/ the Velo but I was at my frinds game, and I saw that the pro shop had both. So I tired em both on. The Velo was lighter, but I liked the Vapor better ovrall.

User571 is offline  
Old
12-08-2004, 07:07 PM
  #4
Frank Drebin
Registered User
 
Frank Drebin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurminen31
I would have thought of that. Unfortunately I live in Nothockeytown,USA, and when I posted had tried on a Vapor only once, and same w/ the Velo but I was at my frinds game, and I saw that the pro shop had both. So I tired em both on. The Velo was lighter, but I liked the Vapor better ovrall.

So you did end up going with the Bauer? I've got the new Vision (5500) catcher, and I really like it.....the store I was at didn't have any Velocity Catchers, and I liked the Vision so I ordered it.

Today I tried on a Velocity.........it is an awesome glove.

Never tried the Vapor though.

Frank Drebin is offline  
Old
12-08-2004, 10:02 PM
  #5
User571
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Between the Pipes
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to User571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Jim Lahey
So you did end up going with the Bauer? I've got the new Vision (5500) catcher, and I really like it.....the store I was at didn't have any Velocity Catchers, and I liked the Vision so I ordered it.

Today I tried on a Velocity.........it is an awesome glove.

Never tried the Vapor though.
The Vapor is super comfortable, I ordered it last week from a Bauer Rep.I think they are only making Vapor 2s now: they(the Vapor 2s) have a more Vaughn-style break, which was my main concern with the original Vapor(Ive read complaints about the break being too close to the fingers). I got it with all white weave w/ some black in the palm because I didnt want the glove to get completely covered in puck marks. Hopefully it works out well.

User571 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.