HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban... locker room issues?

Old
04-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Cookie007

vCash: 500
Subban... locker room issues?

I was just watching the post mortem, the markov interview. I believe a lady asked him a question about subban and markov replied "next question" and that "he doesn't want to talk about subban".

i don't care if the other teams and media doesn't like the guy but it seems like there is an issue here between subban and the rest of the team.

cole once publicly told the media that subban needs to be more professional on and off the ice.
markov doesn't seem to want to talk about him.
plekanec got in a fight with him
descharnais got in a scuffle wit subby
pacioretty got in a scuffle with him
he tried to bully the rookie leblanc before descharnais stepped in
gorges last year said he had to talk to pk about his game
gill said basically the same thing as gorges
he's got in arguments with the coaches (both randys and jacques)

and i know u guy will say the way to fix it is to deal with the team to accommodate your star players. but how many more players are we going to get rid because of pk.

lapierre had an issue with pk, and was sent flying
ak46 had an issue with pk in a HABS OPEN PRACTICE and was sent flying
cammalleri was sent flying
pouliot was sent flying
it was rumoured that dominic moore got into an argument with pk and was one of the reason he was not offered a contract.

Cookie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:06 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152

it goes on and on.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

#BlamePK

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Some crazy revisionist history going on there.

Bill McNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

#BlamePK

Edit - DAMN YOU , Foreveralone!

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Et le But

Markov answers every question like that.

I would bet every player gets in a scuffle with everyone else in practice, but the media only reports it when it fits their agenda.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:10 PM
habtastic

he's not, it's overblown, PK keeps maturing, once the team wins no one will whine.

you should listen to that Cabbie interview with him where he alludes to the practice fights saying that one on one drills are worse than bag skating because you need to play hard against your own teammates.

I think he's doing a great job. I also don't think everyone hates him and as much as I love Markov, he needs to lighten up a bit (then again, I doubt he's even pissed at PK, it's just Markov being Markov).

Media will turn the players against PK if they keep saying to each player (essentially): Who cares about you, tell us about how awesome PK is!

Hopefully the core knows how to deal. Carey doesn't have a problem with PK and I'm sure everyone listens to Price.

Anyway, whatever, this sounds like a reality show. PK is definitely not a locker room cancer (cue: "and since when do you work for the Habs"). In fact I think the group is coming along quite well. Very balanced personalities now and they know what they have to do.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:11 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Markov answers every question like that.

I would bet every player gets in a scuffle with everyone else in practice, but the media only reports it when it fits their agenda.
Emelin was hitting guys in training camp and pacioretty wasn't happy. He was "all business". Subban does it, "cancer".

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:12 PM
Schooner Guy

I thought it was called a dressing room.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:15 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post

it goes on and on.
Dude are you nuts? its clearly shown in these pictures his teammates dont like him

1st Picture - keep your friends close and your enemies closer
2nd Picture - Price is squeezing his hand so hard trying to break it
3rd picture - Markov is trying to choke subban out with a bear hug

#BlamePK

Last edited by 99GoHabsGo99: 04-10-2012 at 10:27 PM.
99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Stradale

Meh.. Subban is not perfect and is still learning.

I'm pretty sure none of his teammates want PK gone or think he's a cancer.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Here we go... déjà vu. A Carey Price overblown drama all over again.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Figaro95

I slept in till 1 today, then I got passport photos and then just chilled. What did you guys do today?

Figaro95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

I asked Brian Wilde about the RDS story saying "half the players" didn't want to talk about Subban and he said the only player he knew of that didn't want to talk about Subban was Markov. The rest is just speculation which RDS and the french media love to report as fact.

Furthermore, Darche talked about Markov's "no comment" answer on l'Antichambre tonight. He said Markov and Subban are polar opposites so we shouldn't read anything into it. Also Markov doesn't like to speak period so it should come as no surprise that he said no comment.

He also said that veterans often get mad at younger players during their development because of errors but it's part of the learning process. He said PK has amazing potential and the sky is the limit with him. And that he has to continue to play his game no matter what anyone says because that's what makes him effective. He also said that young players need to be "encadrer" and that Gill was the guy who looked after that with Subban.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:34 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
It's amazing what people like to talk about. The day a player really comes out and says Subban is a problem is when I'll believe it.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:35 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
I asked Brian Wilde about the RDS story saying "half the players" didn't want to talk about Subban and he said the only player he knew of that didn't want to talk about Subban was Markov. The rest is just speculation which RDS and the french media love to report as fact.

Furthermore, Darche talked about Markov's "no comment" answer on l'Antichambre tonight. He said Markov and Subban are polar opposites so we shouldn't read anything into it. Also Markov doesn't like to speak period so it should come as no surprise that he said no comment.

He also said that veterans often get mad at younger players during their development because of errors but it's part of the learning process. He said PK has amazing potential and the sky is the limit with him. And that he has to continue to play his game no matter what anyone says because that's what makes him effective. He also said that young players need to be "encadrer" and that Gill was the guy who looked after that with Subban.
It's clear Darche hates PK. I mean he was screaming at him on the bench!!!

hockeyfan2k11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:38 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 135
Could you change the name of the thread to respect the people that have cancer. I'd be grateful.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Shadyone33

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post

Good post. I enjoy Subban. He has a lot of potential and I just think his confidence gets misunderstood sometimes. I didn't know about what Darche said...Thanks for sharing.

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:42 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

People need to understand the definition of Swagger.

Seriously though, this whole Subban hate/drama has to end.

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:44 PM
DrunkenHabz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
If only PK was more like Pietrangelo and did things the White way, we'd never have great threads like this.
PK does everything with swagger.

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:45 PM
WhiskeySeven*
Founded: BargainBin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie007 View Post
I was just watching the post mortem, the markov interview. I believe a lady asked him a question about subban and markov replied "next question" and that "he doesn't want to talk about subban".

i don't care if the other teams and media doesn't like the guy but it seems like there is an issue here between subban and the rest of the team.

cole once publicly told the media that subban needs to be more professional on and off the ice.
markov doesn't seem to want to talk about him.
plekanec got in a fight with him
descharnais got in a scuffle wit subby
pacioretty got in a scuffle with him
he tried to bully the rookie leblanc before descharnais stepped in
gorges last year said he had to talk to pk about his game
gill said basically the same thing as gorges
he's got in arguments with the coaches (both randys and jacques)

and i know u guy will say the way to fix it is to deal with the team to accommodate your star players. but how many more players are we going to get rid because of pk.

lapierre had an issue with pk, and was sent flying
ak46 had an issue with pk in a HABS OPEN PRACTICE and was sent flying
cammalleri was sent flying
pouliot was sent flying
it was rumoured that dominic moore got into an argument with pk and was one of the reason he was not offered a contract.
O-Oh my god. I've never seen it this way. Jesus... you're absolutely right. ****, do you think we could get a reasonable return for him before he tears the lockerroom apart?

WhiskeySeven* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:48 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I love PK............

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Subban has a great personality and he is a confident man; apparently that's enough to bug some people.

Regarding the op... scuffles? Scuffles = locker room cancer? And why are you mentioning: "... cammalleri was sent flying pouliot was sent flying..."? How is this relevant? I mean... Gauthier was fired... does it also mean that Subban is a locker room cancer? Maybe that's why they sent Leblanc in the AHL eh? You also mentioned "... it was rumoured that dominic moore got into an argument with pk and was one of the reason he was not offered a contract.". Really? Rumored by whom... you? Care to share a link?

Get real.

Btw, Subban was one of the players who praised Lapierre (another player's name you brought up in support of your Subban the cancer theory) when he was sent to Anaheim.

The op mentioned Desharnais; here is what he had to say:

Extracts (rds video player; I can't find the link) from the interview with Desharnais: "It – his dispute with Subban - is no big deal and it's definitely not news worthy."

When the reporter insisted – the guy was really digging for dirt - with "It was Subban again eh?", Desharnais' answer was:

"Subban is intense during practices but he is also intense against our opponents so I have no problem whatsoever with this kind of attitude. And as I already mentioned, we are both annoyed by our recent performances."

I also want to add that almost all the players mentioned in the op have one common trait: they possess a high compete level.

That being mentioned, all (and that includes Subban) our young guys would benefit from a stronger, top to bottom, leadership. And I have no problem whatsoever with Cole and Plekanec if they saw something they did not like in Subban's behaviour: that's (guidance) what vets do! Think of Gill: if I read it well, him and Subban had a good relationship but it did not stop Gill from doing his vets job when it became necessary.

Long story short: losing sucks.

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 04-10-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Lafleurs Guy

With all the players we've gotten rid of over the years who were 'problems' maybe we should look at how we're developing these guys. The solution is not to throw guys out the door (as we did with Chelios) when they're immature. The solution is to manage their behaviour as best as we can. And at the end of the day, I think we can put up with a little bit of drama if the guy performs on the ice.

Did anyone care that Chelios was a loose canon off the ice? No. We cared that he put on Norris trophy winning performances with us. PK is the best young player on our team not named Carey Price and we've got to start working through these issues (if there are any there in the first place) instead of labeling guys as problems and shipping them out.

PK is fine and he'll mature as he gets older. Folks just need to chill out.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Craig71

Jeez, I wish that PK had scuffled with Gauthier and Gainey.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote