HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where is this Done?

Old
06-29-2012, 12:47 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Where is this Done?

Hey guys. I made a jersey thread before and got great feedback. I found a place in Tonawanda called Sorrentino Sports and they're the only place that I contacted that does AGH lettering but they won't take off the name on it already. None of the places I have contacted already will remove the nameplate (The name is on the nameplate so it's easier, right??) Um, I don't really know where else to ask but the people that probably know (here!) so yeah. I dont want to spam and please don't remove this. I thought of using a seam ripper but i don't wanna risk ruining it. I will do it that way if i have to, but does anyone know where to actually take it to get the name off?

Thank you ...

TCRF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Reclamation Project
A Warm Place

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Hey guys. I made a jersey thread before and got great feedback. I found a place in Tonawanda called Sorrentino Sports and they're the only place that I contacted that does AGH lettering but they won't take off the name on it already. None of the places I have contacted already will remove the nameplate (The name is on the nameplate so it's easier, right??) Um, I don't really know where else to ask but the people that probably know (here!) so yeah. I dont want to spam and please don't remove this. I thought of using a seam ripper but i don't wanna risk ruining it. I will do it that way if i have to, but does anyone know where to actually take it to get the name off?

Thank you ...
Try IceJerseys.com You can mail them your jersey. Amazing customer service and quality. I ordered a Richards jersey from them earlier this month.

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:58 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Try ...

Alterations by Lena

They are located in Williamsville NY. Look it up, and call them and pick their brain, or just stop in with the jersey. My wife likes them for odd little jobs that are beyond her skill set. Good luck.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:04 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

Thank you guys I've never tried IceJerseys. Whatt do I do? Call them and say this and that then mail?

I'll go to this place probably this weekend. I live in Lancaster, victory is mine being close.

Thanks again peoples

Old
06-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Reclamation Project
A Warm Place

Quote:
Thank you guys I've never tried IceJerseys. Whatt do I do? Call them and say this and that then mail?

I'll go to this place probably this weekend. I live in Lancaster, victory is mine being close.

Thanks again peoples
http://www.icejerseys.com/jersey_customization.php

Old
06-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Digable5

They won't take off the nameplate why? I'm guessing because of some legal reason, licensing or something?

Anyway, my wife had an old Willis McGahee Buffalo Bills jersey with a name plate and she took it off herself. I believe she just used a seam ripper on the inside of the jersey and it came right off. You wouldn't know it ever had a name.

If you don't feel confident doing it yourself, maybe ask someone you know that is good with altering clothes or maybe even try a taylor that would be cheap and not bound/or at least oblivious to any licensing rules.

Digable5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:20 AM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
cool! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
They won't take off the nameplate why? I'm guessing because of some legal reason, licensing or something?

Anyway, my wife had an old Willis McGahee Buffalo Bills jersey with a name plate and she took it off herself. I believe she just used a seam ripper on the inside of the jersey and it came right off. You wouldn't know it ever had a name.

If you don't feel confident doing it yourself, maybe ask someone you know that is good with altering clothes or maybe even try a taylor that would be cheap and not bound/or at least oblivious to any licensing rules.
Yeah they told me they just wont. I feel like I could get it done like that but it'd take huge concentration and patience. The thing that suck is that it's black threat on black jersey, and i'd have to do it like some sort of surgery. lol.

Last edited by TCRF: 06-29-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old
06-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Reclamation Project
A Warm Place

Oh and for anyone reading this, Ice Jerseys is having an AWESOME promotion right now. Any authentic customization for only $29. I swear I don't work for them

Old
06-29-2012, 01:10 PM
zbubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
Probably because it's too easy to ruin it. I've seen these nameplates before, the problem is, they have some sort of plasticy-glue on the backside. First they stitch it on, then they apply heat to it using an press iron so it melts the glue and bonds to the jersey. To remove it, you have to reheat and lift, but I've seen jerseys with holes where the glue didn't separate and tore the jersey during the removal. Too much heat and you can burn or melt the synthetic fibers. It's just a very tricky process and I bet they don't do it out of the risk factor. It's one thing to disappoint a potential customer by saying no, but would be worse having an irate one with messed up jersey and asking for a replacement.

zbubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:57 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Oh and for anyone reading this, Ice Jerseys is having an AWESOME promotion right now. Any authentic customization for only $29. I swear I don't work for them
You got me excited, you have to buy one of there jerseys for this

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:01 PM
Reclamation Project
A Warm Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
You got me excited, you have to buy one of there jerseys for this
Fully embroidered, still a good deal.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:07 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbubble View Post
Probably because it's too easy to ruin it. I've seen these nameplates before, the problem is, they have some sort of plasticy-glue on the backside. First they stitch it on, then they apply heat to it using an press iron so it melts the glue and bonds to the jersey. To remove it, you have to reheat and lift, but I've seen jerseys with holes where the glue didn't separate and tore the jersey during the removal. Too much heat and you can burn or melt the synthetic fibers. It's just a very tricky process and I bet they don't do it out of the risk factor. It's one thing to disappoint a potential customer by saying no, but would be worse having an irate one with messed up jersey and asking for a replacement.
Hm. That might be troublesome.. It doesn't look like there is that on this jersey:
Minecraft 005.jpg
LHS GRADS 006.jpg

It looks like its just sewn/stitched on unless it's glued near the corners. This is an older style so I'm not all sure. I took where the nameplate is and pulled up, then the inside and pulled in, it looks like it's just sewn

Old
06-30-2012, 04:32 AM
zbubble

Quote:
Hm. That might be troublesome.. It doesn't look like there is that on this jersey:
Attachment 57369
Attachment 57371

It looks like its just sewn/stitched on unless it's glued near the corners. This is an older style so I'm not all sure. I took where the nameplate is and pulled up, then the inside and pulled in, it looks like it's just sewn
Hmm... I've not seen it with the little holes like that, maybe that style is different. If you can pull it apart, then that's real good sign this could be easy.

Since you're set on getting it off anyway, there's no harm in removing the stitching. I'd just get a ripper and use it from the plate side. Either the whole thing will come right off if there's no glue, or there's just another step if there is.

zbubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 05:54 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbubble View Post
Hmm... I've not seen it with the little holes like that, maybe that style is different. If you can pull it apart, then that's real good sign this could be easy.

Since you're set on getting it off anyway, there's no harm in removing the stitching. I'd just get a ripper and use it from the plate side. Either the whole thing will come right off if there's no glue, or there's just another step if there is.
I feel like i could do it from the outside. I'll keep you all updated, lol