HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Rumor/Proposal Thread. Offseason recon part 2

View Poll Results: Mod edit: removed
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2012, 02:02 PM
jmoss45

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Also on Malone, I could see the Canucks trading for him.

A deal centered around:

Schneider + Ballard
for
Malone +

Something like that at the draft makes sense to me. Gives them extra secondary scoring and an added physical presence, while dumping the Ballard contract.

EDIT TO ADD: On Maroon, I swear he had some sort of attitude question or incident which made Philly trade him.
Thats probably the best/most realistic Schneider trade idea i've seen. TB may not want Ballard if they are a budget team though.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:04 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Stauffer has made a few comments here and there about both Belanger and Eager regarding their attitudes. He's hinted that Belanger has been sour/negative/whatever you want to call it, and Eager has been complaining that he deserves a greater role on the team than he's been getting. If they're bringing negative energy to the locker room, I could see tambo moving fast on both of them in the summer. He seems to have a very low tolerance point in this area (see: Souray, Moreau, etc).
Eager has a point, except when the complaining came out he wasn't doing anything.

Gregor came out a couple weeks ago and flat out said he's been in many locker rooms and Belanger isn't a good teammate. Is he like Pitkanen who just stuck to himself?

Old
04-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Asher

Love listening to the Montreal media guy with Bob now:

"Price supposedly got hurt during practice, but there was no practice that day!" and "I saw him the other day, and he looked fine to me!"

Old
04-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Petro Points

Quote:

"Price supposedly got hurt during practice, but there was no practice that day!" and "I saw him the other day, and he looked fine to me!"
meh.. they are probably chuckling at the injuries to Smid and Petry down there.
Its all part of tanking.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:31 PM
Skm

Quote:

My only question is how the hell does the player accept that? I can't see Carey Price taking being asked to fake a concussion lightly if that's what everyone is implying.

Bizarre, no doubt.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:32 PM
shizan

Everyone seems to be hating on Eager, Belanger and Barker. Seems like Tambellini really struck out with the off season free agent signings. Well I should say Lowe because after watching Oil Change I became even more convinced that Tambellini is just Lowe's little puppet. Can anyone tell me how he not only kept his job when everyone was getting fired but actually got a promotion? The biggest off season move the Oilers can make would be to FIRE KEVIN LOWE!!!

Old
04-03-2012, 02:34 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 100
Quote:

I just assumed he went on a three day bender.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
My only question is how the hell does the player accept that? I can't see Carey Price taking being asked to fake a concussion lightly if that's what everyone is implying.

Bizarre, no doubt.
its easy.. GM takes him into his office... tells him they want Grigerenko so we are shutting you down!
Pulling players out due to injuries longer then needed is norm in NHL.
You dont see a player (Peckham earlier in the season) say anything when he knows he is healthy but is sitting on IR.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Haha, the Canadiens and the Oil are such a mess.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post

Bizarre, no doubt.
I don't think it's far-fetched at all. Nobody told him not to try. His season is over and he's probably banged up. He has nothing to prove personally to anyone. What's the big deal if they pulled Price aside and asked him to go on holidays a week early?

Old
04-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Skm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
its easy.. GM takes him into his office... tells him they want Grigerenko so we are shutting you down!
Pulling players out due to injuries longer then needed is norm in NHL.
You dont see a player (Peckham earlier in the season) say anything when he knows he is healthy but is sitting on IR.
Ahh, to be honest I knew the little things happened, like Peckham as you mentioned, but didn't know injuries were faked outright. Pretty lame if you ask me and if I was a player I would be a little bit pissed.

Quote:
I don't think it far-fetched at all. Nobody told him not to try. His season is over and he's probably banged up. He has nothing to prove personally to anyone. What's the big deal if they pulled Price aside and asked him to go o holidays a week early?
I guess. Maybe I just miss playing hockey because I always wanted to play no matter what. First place, last place, banged up, 100%, didn't matter. It's not even about out tanking the Oilers (they don't need the help), just the principle is lame. I understand why they do it though.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizan View Post
Everyone seems to be hating on Eager, Belanger and Barker. Seems like Tambellini really struck out with the off season free agent signings. Well I should say Lowe because after watching Oil Change I became even more convinced that Tambellini is just Lowe's little puppet. Can anyone tell me how he not only kept his job when everyone was getting fired but actually got a promotion? The biggest off season move the Oilers can make would be to FIRE KEVIN LOWE!!!
Lowe is Katz's guy. He isnt getting fired. There is no doubt that Lowe makes the hard decisions and Tambellini does the smaller signings\trades. Eager and Belanger were good moves on the paper. Barker signing was a head scratcher but may have been worth the gamble. Lets see how they get out of these contracts.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Lowe is Katz's guy. He isnt getting fired. There is no doubt that Lowe makes the hard decisions and Tambellini does the smaller signings\trades. Eager and Belanger were good moves on the paper. Barker signing was a head scratcher but may have been worth the gamble. Lets see how they get out of these contracts.
You have to wonder about Belanger though. The guy has been decent player (up until this season) and yet this is his 7th team in 7 years. I remember when they signed him some people were saying they'd heard he was a bad teammate in the dressing room. If that is true then Tambo should have known beforehand and not signed him.

Old
04-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
You have to wonder about Belanger though. The guy has been decent player (up until this season) and yet this is his 7th team in 7 years. I remember when they signed him some people were saying they'd heard he was a bad teammate in the dressing room. If that is true then Tambo should have known beforehand and not signed him.
Maybe he banked on the Oilers being better this year (without him lifting so much as a finger, heh) and he's sulking or maybe he's just sulking in general because his family isn't happy in Edmonton. "Two more years here??" Who the hell knows anymore.

I'm certainly not seeing a whole lot of heart or desire from older Canadian players playing in Canada these days outside of Ottawa and Vancouver. Seems like they're just cashing retirement checks.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Asher

Just when I was willing to give Stauffer a pass today Bob the Apologist rears his ugly head. Replying to an email complaining about the Oilers letting Rolli, Glencross, and Brodziak go: Rolli -- has not been anything special outside of 3 months in TB; Glencross -- no reply made; Brodz -- it was between Pouliot and Brodziak and they thought Pouliot was tougher. They traded the wrong guy, but "they got 2 draft picks for Brodziak!"

Wow, wow, wow Welcome to state run radio, folks... I should know better than to ever listen to this guy...

Old
04-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Quote:
it was between Pouliot and Brodziak and they thought Pouliot was tougher.
Oh my goodness.

I assume by "tougher" they really meant "flushing our '03 1st round pick while keeping our 7th rounder from the same draft year would have some really bad optics".

It's extra funny when you think that Pouliot only played another 35 games for the org.

Old
04-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Would Omark for Wolski be of interest to anyone? Wolski's proven over several years that he can be a good offensive player, he's big, and he's strong on the puck.

He's a pending RFA on the hook for a pretty good pay day, but for two years the team could afford him with no cap problems.

Interest?
Yes, I would absolutely LOVE to add another soft player into the line up. COUNT ME IN!

Old
04-03-2012, 04:02 PM
SilverHaireDevil

This team will continue to be a bottom feeder, and I know this fan base is tired of lottery picks, I sure know I am.

I'm not tired of lottery picks just tired of where we have to finish in the standings to aquire them

Old
04-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Tarus
#Craigsnotonit

Quote:
Just when I was willing to give Stauffer a pass today Bob the Apologist rears his ugly head. Replying to an email complaining about the Oilers letting Rolli, Glencross, and Brodziak go: Rolli -- has not been anything special outside of 3 months in TB; Glencross -- no reply made; Brodz -- it was between Pouliot and Brodziak and they thought Pouliot was tougher. They traded the wrong guy, but "they got 2 draft picks for Brodziak!"

Wow, wow, wow Welcome to state run radio, folks... I should know better than to ever listen to this guy...
What is he supposed to say? He didn't make those moves

At some point Oiler fans will have to get over those 3 players, they were bad with them, they are bad without them. Considering they were signing Horcoff to a stupid contract while calling him a star and trying to aquire Hossa and Heatley as final pieces of what they thought was a close to cup contending team(still hilarious to this day, both the players they were trying to aquire and their assessment of the team), losing those 2 useful players was a minor blip on the stupidity train the Oilers were riding at the time.

Actually closing in on a half decade from the Glencross deal, time to file it away in the "ancient history" file along with the Satan/Whitney/Parise/Cinderalla run pages.

Old
04-03-2012, 04:48 PM
McBooya42
Have a McDavid day!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizan View Post
Shizan feels the need to yell on a forum...

Tambo's fault...

Old
04-03-2012, 04:53 PM
MisterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
i would love to have a badass in the top 6 that is a good solid offensive player but also likes to play rough and scrap. Lucic, Malone, Clowe etc we need one of those types bad
Next to our need for addressing our defensive woes, this should be the highest priority this off season.

Old
04-03-2012, 05:49 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Would you guys give up a 2nd round pick for Colin Wilson?!

04-03-2012, 07:06 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Would you guys give up a 2nd round pick for Colin Wilson?!
Yes, I would

Old
04-03-2012, 07:15 PM
rockinghockey

I agree that we need some size in the top 6 that is why I want to draft a bigger centreman and Harti looks pretty good in the top 6. He gets two goals playing in the top line then Renney moves him down next game. Explain that to me will you.

Old
04-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I thought the exact same thing last night. I always saw him and Penner to be similar type players except one huge thing. Malone gives a **** every night and will stick up for his team mates. When Hartnell was running around like an idiot in the Philly game, Malone would have pounded him. We definitely need some size and toughness in the top 6, that is a must.

Actually I shouldn't even say size, just toughness.
Penner ALWAYS stuck up for his teammates. No matter how fat and lazy he was.

Closed Thread