HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ewing : Crosby

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Sunshine

vCash: 500
Ewing : Crosby

If we can get in a 48 games season - and God I hope we can,
you better believe the NHL will want Crosby in a Ranger jersey just as the NBA wanted Ewing a Knick twenty years ago.
I'm 100% behind a shortened season in which we go with youth youth and more youth. Most professional athletes have similar ability, the key is confidence - you gain that confidence through experience. If we can give Balej a 2nd line spot, I think that would be great - if we find out that Lampman is ready and a few other surprises (i.e. Ortmeyer-types) can bring it every night, even better.

With the 1st pick in the 2005 NHL Draft,
the New York Rangers select from Rimouski Oceanic, Sidney Crosby.

Old
12-03-2004, 11:02 AM
Crossroads*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine
you better believe the NHL will want Crosby in a Ranger jersey just as the NBA wanted Ewing a Knick twenty years ago.
I'm 100% behind a shortened season in which we go with youth youth and more youth. Most professional athletes have similar ability, the key is confidence - you gain that confidence through experience. If we can give Balej a 2nd line spot, I think that would be great - if we find out that Lampman is ready and a few other surprises (i.e. Ortmeyer-types) can bring it every night, even better.

Doesn't hurt to dream...

Old
12-03-2004, 11:13 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudNine
Doesn't hurt to dream...
I had a dream like 2 months ago Crosby was playing a game in a Ranger jersey..the draft wasnt in the dream but i remember sitting at the game as Crosby took his first shift and like 90% of the fans had a Crosby jersey on. When i woke up you can imagine how pissed I was it was a dream.

Old
12-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
When i woke up you can imagine how pissed I was it was a dream.
Lol, if it was a wet dream, that basically negates any chance we previously had of getting him.

Old
12-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
I had a dream like 2 months ago Crosby was playing a game in a Ranger jersey..the draft wasnt in the dream but i remember sitting at the game as Crosby took his first shift and like 90% of the fans had a Crosby jersey on. When i woke up you can imagine how pissed I was it was a dream.
You forgot to mention one thing though... Sidney was 37 years old and coming off hip replacement surgery.

Old
12-03-2004, 04:15 PM
noodlemike

Quote:
Funny that you said that because i recently went to a wolfpack game with a person having a rangers jersey with crosby name on the back...i felt kinda awkward, couldnt help it but i had to laugh

Old
12-03-2004, 04:24 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine

The Hawks or the Rangers!

I favor the Hawks a little, but either way it would be good.

Old
12-04-2004, 11:54 PM
JJ68NYR

The Hawks added a few players so they should be better.

I say if there is a 48 game season we should tell Jagr to finish season in russia and sign someon like rucinsky and have him go to russia this way we can truly tank it.

Old
12-05-2004, 12:07 AM
broadwayblue

better yet, bring nedved back.

Old
12-05-2004, 08:16 AM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
better yet, bring nedved back.
That's a horrible idea. If we want to truly tank, we do what JJ68NYR said, and bring back Purinton.

Old
12-05-2004, 09:33 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudNine
Doesn't hurt to dream...
Huh..... Why is it a dream Crosby will be the 1st overall pick and who is to say NYR cant get that pick. They will be among the worst teams in the league, so what do you mean by dream, I just dont get whats with people and the expression "Dream" ex. .So this is nothing near a DREAM cloudnine and is actually very close to reality as NYR has as much a shot to get him as does Wash, Pitts, Phx and Car and whoever else is in the lower ranks.

But "I can dream cant I"

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 12-05-2004 at 10:10 PM.
Old
12-05-2004, 09:52 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
Huh..... Why is it a dream Crosby will be the 1st overall pick and who is to say NYR cant get that pick. They will be among the worst teams in the league, so what do you mean by dream, I just dont get whats with people and the expression "close to reality as NYR has as much a shot to get him as does Wash, Pitts, Phx and Car and whoever else is in the lower ranks.

But "I can dream cant I"
no it would be a dream because it would be the best situation possible...they didn't say 'miracles can happen' if it wasn't possible then no one would even bring up the idea so your theory that 'it could happen' is absolutely pointless

remind me when the last time the rangers got a superstar, bluechip, franchise player in the draft?? you act like it is an everyday occurance and getting crosby wouldn't be a big deal...

and you obviously haven't been a ranger fan very long if you think there is even a remotely realistic chance that we'll be lucky enough to get him...we could finish deadlast and we'll still lose the lottery cause thats how things work for ranger fans...being mathematically possible and being realistically possible are 2 different subjects

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 12-05-2004 at 10:11 PM.
Old
12-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Chief

It makes sense that the league would want Crosby in NY but don't hold your breath. The NHL didn't help help the Rangers when they tried to buy Gretzky from Edmonton or when the original Lindros trade went to arbitration.

As for who will be in the best position for the Crosby pick. If the NHL comes back for a partial 04-05 season, I'm thinking Carolina and Washington will be battling it out. Carolina was already horrid but they then lost their best D-man in Hill and their starting goalie. Washington hasn't replaced any of the "stars" they traded away last season.

Closed Thread