HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Omark regarding WC and the future in Edmonton

Old
04-03-2012, 11:17 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorulf View Post

He says there was about 10 NHL clubs who was intrested in him in the fall last year.

He hope to get another chance in NHL, and wants to play top-6 and get a chance to prove him self.

The season has been tough. Primary with the injury, then the inconsistent ice-time in the Oilers.

My opinion regarding the interview; Omark gets a few questions and he anwsers them honestly. There is no whine here.
hmmm....10 teams interested in him...really? must be, cuz that's what he says!

he may want top 6 ice time but he didn't earn it! just like Paajarvi, you have to earn it and Omark didn't. he seems to think he'll be handed top 6 on a platter....maybe only in Columbus!

Omark answered the questions the way he sees things, don't know for sure if he's being completely honest?

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Tyrolean

Ultimate tweener guy better suited for Europe IMO. He is small but not fast enough to compensate.. He is skilled but not a finisher. His speed is average at best and he does not check well.

Too bad for him, as he cannot fill a role in the bottom six as well as the top 6.

Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:47 AM
jebs

Hope he goes on to have a decent NHL career. Not sure why anyone would want him to fail.
He really hasn't been given much of a chance this year, Oilers should have traded him earlier.

jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:49 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
hmmm....10 teams interested in him...really? must be, cuz that's what he says!

he may want top 6 ice time but he didn't earn it! just like Paajarvi, you have to earn it and Omark didn't. he seems to think he'll be handed top 6 on a platter....maybe only in Columbus!

Omark answered the questions the way he sees things, don't know for sure if he's being completely honest?
The 10 teams seems odd. How would he really know about that? And if he does know from his agent and random chatter, why weren't there 10 teams recently?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebs View Post
Hope he goes on to have a decent NHL career. Not sure why anyone would want him to fail.
He really hasn't been given much of a chance this year, Oilers should have traded him earlier.
Assuming ofcourse there is a trade to be made. Last year's deadline we might have got a decent pick or prospect, now...not so much.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:24 PM
BowDangles

I would be pretty disappointed if they trade him for a draft pick. Just another step back on a player or position we have in the organization.

I know we would not get much for Omark straight up so add him to a trade that could be made to get a more quality piece coming back. For instance, add him with Gagner to acquire a top 4 Dman.

BowDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
I would be pretty disappointed if they trade him for a draft pick. Just another step back on a player or position we have in the organization.

I know we would not get much for Omark straight up so add him to a trade that could be made to get a more quality piece coming back. For instance, add him with Gagner to acquire a top 4 Dman.
Maybe, gotta find someone to take 2 smallish forwards and has too many dmen...toronto perhaps, franson or gardiner would be nice.

Old
04-03-2012, 12:48 PM
tempest2i
Feral

I hope nothing but the best for Omark. Although I'm disappointed it didn't work out with him here, I will always respect him for speaking his mind to the media.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:48 PM
jebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
Assuming ofcourse there is a trade to be made. Last year's deadline we might have got a decent pick or prospect, now...not so much.
If that were the case why wont they just waive him, if he makes it he could go to OKC, if not, and he has no value, then it shouldn't matter.

jebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 12:54 PM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebs View Post
If that were the case why wont they just waive him, if he makes it he could go to OKC, if not, and he has no value, then it shouldn't matter.
Yah they could and you are right. Everything about Omark has always been complicated.

Old
04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
I hope nothing but the best for Omark. Although I'm disappointed it didn't work out with him here, I will always respect him for speaking his mind to the media.
And what exactly was he saying that you respect, I'm still not sure

Old
04-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Up the Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
Ultimate tweener guy better suited for Europe IMO. He is small but not fast enough to compensate.. He is skilled but not a finisher. His speed is average at best and he does not check well.

Too bad for him, as he cannot fill a role in the bottom six as well as the top 6.
bang on. some posters think this view is 'being led by the nose by the media', but unfortunately my eyes never actually saw the kid do anything to crack the top 6. He never outplayed Hemsky or Gagner. Try winning a battle in the defensive zone, break out of your zone, and gain the offensive zone. How bout scoring 2 goals in a game and getting 1st star.

there are some effective top 6 players who's careers started out like Omark's (Ray Whitney), but most (almost all) top 6 players were clearly that by 24 years old.

Up the Irons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:06 PM
missinthejets

Quote:

the saddest part about Omark is that it's not his size that's holding him back. yeah he's not a speedy little guy but he is pretty strong on his feet for someone his size and he does battle well along the boards. His problem is that he isn't a useful player anywhere but the offensive zone and even then he has a bad habit of trying to outskill everyone rather than taking simpler plays when they're the obvious option. One dimensional player isn't going to have much use no matter how big or small he is.

missinthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustE View Post
bang on. some posters think this view is 'being led by the nose by the media', but unfortunately my eyes never actually saw the kid do anything to crack the top 6. He never outplayed Hemsky or Gagner. Try winning a battle in the defensive zone, break out of your zone, and gain the offensive zone. How bout scoring 2 goals in a game and getting 1st star.

there are some effective top 6 players who's careers started out like Omark's (Ray Whitney), but most (almost all) top 6 players were clearly that by 24 years old.
and this is what he just doesn't seem to get! not much NHL experience, granted, but by 24 you should be making some headway and he isn't, and seems more than happy to blame, in a roundabout fashon, injuries and lack of playing time instead of his own short comings.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Up the Irons

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinthejets View Post
the saddest part about Omark is that it's not his size that's holding him back. yeah he's not a speedy little guy but he is pretty strong on his feet for someone his size and he does battle well along the boards. His problem is that he isn't a useful player anywhere but the offensive zone and even then he has a bad habit of trying to outskill everyone rather than taking simpler plays when they're the obvious option. One dimensional player isn't going to have much use no matter how big or small he is.
roger that

Old
04-03-2012, 04:17 PM
McClelland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustE View Post

What i can remember He was selected 1 star in one of the nuck wins and 1 cbj win, 2 and 3 star also some other games. Maybe it doesnt say so much, but it proves he can dominate nhl games and thats not cat****.

Im dissapointed that we didnt moved him last summer when he had been hot towards the end of the season, we could been rewarded pretty good.

We havent seen him enough to know what we loose,but our top-six roster have made it impossible for us to let him play himself into the team,and many of us have realized that situation long time ago.

We dont need to regret moving omark even if he ends up a 50 p player in another team, because he wasnt a fit with us.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:22 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
i just hope the oilers get someone back who has a compete level and shows up hard to play. i would assume by omarks lack of ice that he didnt compete in practice. coaches notice that, omark/schremp are the same dude, different years

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 04:24 PM
McClelland

double post

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:23 PM
t0psh3lfclu7ch
Real Men Have Scars

Send a message via ICQ to t0psh3lfclu7ch
what about fernando pisani, its not always the top 6 guys who come through for your team in the clutch playoff season, he was also 28 and never drafted.

also the oilers have said that theyre having a "top 9" 3 scoring line system now, rather then a 2 scoring line "top 6".

heck, look at st. louis. and their fourth line

t0psh3lfclu7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 05:55 PM
PeakOil
Loyal To The Oil

Where's Omark, and to think I spent all day baking him this cake.

I pickled the figs myself.

PeakOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Krigaren*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
i just hope the oilers get someone back who has a compete level and shows up hard to play. i would assume by omarks lack of ice that he didnt compete in practice. coaches notice that, omark/schremp are the same dude, different years
There is alot to argue about Omark. However lack of compete isnt one of them, either if its during practice or game.

Iwe seen severall practices with him in Luleć and is one of those guys that works the hardest. I never ever heard anything but that Omark works a ton in practice and i see no reason why he would in nhl.
I never seen anyone say that and unless someone actually do i dont even see why anyone would write that.

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:05 PM
alanschu

It might not be lack of compete, but I think fans understate that coaches will make their decisions based on how players perform in practice too.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Auguste Escoffier

I do not believe it is his work ethic that is the problem, rather his attention to detail while on the ice. There is a difference between Omark and Schremp, in my opinion.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Up the Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
What i can remember He was selected 1 star in one of the nuck wins and 1 cbj win, 2 and 3 star also some other games. Maybe it doesnt say so much, but it proves he can dominate nhl games and thats not cat****.

Im dissapointed that we didnt moved him last summer when he had been hot towards the end of the season, we could been rewarded pretty good.

We havent seen him enough to know what we loose,but our top-six roster have made it impossible for us to let him play himself into the team,and many of us have realized that situation long time ago.

We dont need to regret moving omark even if he ends up a 50 p player in another team, because he wasnt a fit with us.
well, i can't say i remember those games, perhaps i missed them, though i don't miss many. him dominating games is a stretch. I've seen him show he can be 'effective', but dominant? that i have yet to see from Omark

Old
04-03-2012, 09:18 PM
alanschu

Omark has had some games where he was pretty good.

The unfortunate thing is I think he came out flat in training camp.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote