HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lundqvist's injury

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2012, 11:22 PM
  #1
Victory*
We're Still In It
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
Lundqvist's injury

Anyone have any update on his status, or any idea when we'll get an update?

After the game he said his hand felt numb, could barely hold his stick in the 3rd, and told Marty to be ready in case he can't make it through. Not a good sign in my opinion.

How long are broken finger/hand injuries for goalies?

Victory* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:26 PM
  #2
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,834
vCash: 12550
Why would they let him come back out for the third if he had a broken hand?

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:29 PM
  #3
Victory*
We're Still In It
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1SHOP View Post
Why would they let him come back out for the third if he had a broken hand?
I doubt he announced in the locker room that his hand is injured.

Victory* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:30 PM
  #4
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Screw You Rick Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,210
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory View Post
I doubt he announced in the locker room that his hand is injured.
I think someone would have noticed if he had trouble taking off his jersey.

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:45 PM
  #5
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan
 
AdamBanks99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
he hurt his hand on the giroux diving save before the simmonds goal. he was icing it in the locker room and had it wrapped. it's probably just a bruise.

AdamBanks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:50 PM
  #6
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,602
vCash: 500
Lundqvist made a number of those saves with a right arm he injured in the final seconds of the second period when he landed awkwardly lunging to stop a Claude Giroux shot from the left side, the rebound of which became the Flyers' second goal. After the game, Lundqvist said he suffered a "stinger" and had trouble gripping his stick in the third period. He had an ice bag taped to his right forearm.

"I was struggling all third period," said Lundqvist. "I told Martin (Biron) to be ready just in case I couldn't go. A couple of times I was like, 'I'm out of here. I can't really hold a stick.' It was tough in the third."

However, he persevered and completed the game to earn his career-best 39th victory.

"He was unbelievable," Rangers coach John Tortorella said of Lundqvist. "I'm glad Hank got a bunch of work. I think that's something we want Hank to have. That's the best I've seen him play in a few weeks here. … It was a good game for him. He just looked confident and it's the most confident I've seen him in a few weeks."

I say sit Hank vs. Pitt and then give him a final tune-up vs. the Caps on Saturday. He'll likely then have 4 days to rest before game 1 next Thursday.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:13 AM
  #7
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Lundqvist made a number of those saves with a right arm he injured in the final seconds of the second period when he landed awkwardly lunging to stop a Claude Giroux shot from the left side, the rebound of which became the Flyers' second goal. After the game, Lundqvist said he suffered a "stinger" and had trouble gripping his stick in the third period. He had an ice bag taped to his right forearm.

"I was struggling all third period," said Lundqvist. "I told Martin (Biron) to be ready just in case I couldn't go. A couple of times I was like, 'I'm out of here. I can't really hold a stick.' It was tough in the third."

However, he persevered and completed the game to earn his career-best 39th victory.

"He was unbelievable," Rangers coach John Tortorella said of Lundqvist. "I'm glad Hank got a bunch of work. I think that's something we want Hank to have. That's the best I've seen him play in a few weeks here. It was a good game for him. He just looked confident and it's the most confident I've seen him in a few weeks."

I say sit Hank vs. Pitt and then give him a final tune-up vs. the Caps on Saturday. He'll likely then have 4 days to rest before game 1 next Thursday.
I say rest him until the playoffs. I didn't think much of it when I saw him come out in the third, but I'm pretty scared. I don't want him risking further injury. If I was in charge I would honestly have the Whale play our last two games lol.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:17 AM
  #8
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I say rest him until the playoffs. I didn't think much of it when I saw him come out in the third, but I'm pretty scared. I don't want him risking further injury. If I was in charge I would honestly have the Whale play our last two games lol.
Do you really want to give him 8 days off? I'm all for giving him the next three days to rest up...but I just don't know if it's the best thing to go so long between starts.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:26 AM
  #9
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Do you really want to give him 8 days off? I'm all for giving him the next three days to rest up...but I just don't know if it's the best thing to go so long between starts.
I'm petrified with this injury. Just him holding his stick was challenge. I want nothing risked. I guess I'd rather him shake off a little rust over re-aggravating an injury. I guess it really depends on how Lundqvist feels though. If he feels good and does play he plays against the Caps. No reason to play against Pitt, they're always a burden mentally and physically for goalies.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:32 AM
  #10
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I'm petrified with this injury. Just him holding his stick was challenge. I want nothing risked. I guess I'd rather him shake off a little rust over re-aggravating an injury. I guess it really depends on how Lundqvist feels though. If he feels good and does play he plays against the Caps. No reason to play against Pitt, they're always a burden mentally and physically for goalies.
I agree, if he's still banged up on Saturday he should sit. But hopefully he's just a little bruised and simply needs a few days to recuperate. As long as it's nothing serious we're fortunate that we've got at least the conference wrapped up and have over a week until game 1.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:57 AM
  #11
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 9,920
vCash: 500
Henke said it would prob be very sore tomorrow and hopefully will be fine in 3-4 days. sit him against the pens and hope hes ready for the caps season finale.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:13 AM
  #12
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,480
vCash: 500
Don't think it's broken. Worst case scenario, Hank rests the rest of the reg season and ices it and wraps it and whatnot.

Hopefully Hank can make one more start, I want him to get 40 wins.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:58 AM
  #13
Nickmo82
Registered User
 
Nickmo82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 938
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Don't think it's broken. Worst case scenario, Hank rests the rest of the reg season and ices it and wraps it and whatnot.

Hopefully Hank can make one more start, I want him to get 40 wins.
it'd be great if he got 40. if he is good to go, he should at least get a shot at it.

Nickmo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 05:12 AM
  #14
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,239
vCash: 500
I wouldn't think too much of the injury. I think some rest will help, as a goalie sometimes you take a shot in the wrong spot and it stings for a while. Obviously it is highlighted more when you can't grip your stick. If it was broken he wouldn't have played the third. Probably sit out against Pittsburgh, test it out against the caps, but I doubt he takes the next two games off. As already mentioned 8 days of rest isn't good, especially for someone like Lundqvist who thrives on lots of work.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:35 AM
  #15
RangerFan09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
If hes fine by the Caps game, why not play it like a Preseason game? Give him and Marty a period and a half each. That way he still gets some work in to test the hand but it also gives him some extra rest time?

RangerFan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:00 AM
  #16
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Henke deserves the chance to get win #40.

Sit him for the Penguins game. Give Marty one more big game.

Play Henke on Saturday, at home, with a chance to get win #40.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:38 AM
  #17
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Don't think it's broken. Worst case scenario, Hank rests the rest of the reg season and ices it and wraps it and whatnot.

Hopefully Hank can make one more start, I want him to get 40 wins.
Yeah I agree I don't think it's broken, a deep bruise at worst. I broke my wrist once and was literally rolling around in pain with my hand completely limp. No way he would have played the third with a broken wrist.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:32 AM
  #18
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Yeah I agree I don't think it's broken, a deep bruise at worst. I broke my wrist once and was literally rolling around in pain with my hand completely limp. No way he would have played the third with a broken wrist.
Although idt its broken, but this is Henrik Lundqvist. He is probably one of the toughest goalies of today... he never complains...he never aims to quit and he always plays with the heart of a warrior

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:39 AM
  #19
The Beezer
Registered User
 
The Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
I want to believe that it's not a big issue. We all know what a competitor Hank is, but you also have to think that he's aware what they have accomplished and what's still on the line. They had a comfortable lead and he still came out for the third. I find it hard to believe that Hank or Torts would have put him back out there if it was serious.

I will admit that my heart was in my throat when it did happen. I think he sits against the Pens and plays in the finale against the Caps.

The Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:48 AM
  #20
DeadPuck
Registered User
 
DeadPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I say sit Hank vs. Pitt and then give him a final tune-up vs. the Caps on Saturday. He'll likely then have 4 days to rest before game 1 next Thursday.
I second this, let him sit and get some rest. No reason to have him in against Pitt.

DeadPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:50 AM
  #21
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen
 
Miamipuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Take a Wild Guess
Posts: 1,188
vCash: 500
Rest him, soon that won't be an option.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:51 AM
  #22
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,330
vCash: 500
I hope it a stinger... if its broke... it was fun while it lasted.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:56 AM
  #23
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,773
vCash: 500
Lundqvist will rest against Pittsburgh. Ramsey will sprinkle some magic fairy dust on his arm and they'll reassess before the Capitals game. I doubt anyone wants Lundqvist to not play any games between now and next Thursday. He'll play against the Capitals unless his arm is still bothering him.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:01 AM
  #24
thesnake
Registered User
 
thesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
Has anyone seen anywhere if they actually took any x-rays?

I was worried it was the wrist when I frist saw it, but if he finished the game i'd think it was either the hand, or the forearm... the wrist would be tragic.

If its just a bruise, you have to rest him thursday, and let him go on Saturday. I dont think you want him coming back on over a week off starting the playoffs.

thesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:19 AM
  #25
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,271
vCash: 500
They have first in the East.......rest that man.....they will

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.