HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Chris Bourque

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2004, 05:25 PM
  #26
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops
Say what?
What

Hasbro is online now  
Old
11-29-2004, 09:44 AM
  #27
espo*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Yeah that's clever......bravo.
Gee thanks man....you know...i got it from the best.I'm really not that witty but i recognize brilliance when i see it.No need to compliment me,you said it after all!!!I just could'nt help but repeat your cleverness and pass it off as mine.You really are god!! Say what..wow...talk about Shakespeare!!Your replies always leave me in awe.

espo* is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 09:57 AM
  #28
espo*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro
The Gold Medal Junior team was all US born.

I don't know where we get off thinking we should be able to form a team of our native players.

Considering O'Sullivan's link to Canada is his abusive father, he gets a pass.
Personally i get off thinking that because i know they are our players that's why.Eric Nystrom one year,Zach Parise Brady Murray(was he U.S born?)Pat O'Sullivan another year,Chris Bourque this year....Adam Deadmarsh the next and on and on.......hell.....where does it end?,do they really need to poach so many players?And more importantly,where is our guys pride in being Canadian?,that's the bigger question here,everyone seems to forget that.Guys like Ray and all the rest should be coming home to live,it is sad. As i've already mentioned,i guess U.S hockey has no choice since the depth is not there yet,they rely on this pipeline don't fool yourself,to debate that is wrong imo.They need to start producing ALL their own players.I still say if this problem existed for them U.S fans here would be upset about it.They will probably come on and say they would'nt but i don't believe them,they only say that because they have the luxury of trying to look good because the problem does'nt exist for them.Turn this scenario the other way and you'd see a lot of American posters comment on it imo.

espo* is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 12:59 PM
  #29
Postman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 4,917
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Postman Send a message via MSN to Postman
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops
Personally i get off thinking that because i know they are our players that's why.Eric Nystrom one year,Zach Parise Brady Murray(was he U.S born?)Pat O'Sullivan another year,Chris Bourque this year....Adam Deadmarsh the next and on and on.......hell.....where does it end?,do they really need to poach so many players?And more importantly,where is our guys pride in being Canadian?,that's the bigger question here,everyone seems to forget that.Guys like Ray and all the rest should be coming home to live,it is sad. As i've already mentioned,i guess U.S hockey has no choice since the depth is not there yet,they rely on this pipeline don't fool yourself,to debate that is wrong imo.They need to start producing ALL their own players.I still say if this problem existed for them U.S fans here would be upset about it.They will probably come on and say they would'nt but i don't believe them,they only say that because they have the luxury of trying to look good because the problem does'nt exist for them.Turn this scenario the other way and you'd see a lot of American posters comment on it imo.
Can you do me a favor?

Post this on the Prospects board or somewhere that gets a lot more hits than this board.

Try to claim that guys like O'Sullivan, Parise, Nystrom, and other guys you try to pass off as Canadian should "go back to Canada and play for their homeland" as you are doing here, and see what everyone else thinks.

I'd really like to see that.

Postman is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 02:09 PM
  #30
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Can we please keep this civil, people? It would be greatly appreciated.

cyclops: Please stop the Canada vs. USA argument. There's been more than enough of it already here at HF. Thank you.

Oilers Chick is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 03:00 PM
  #31
espo*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman
Can you do me a favor?

Post this on the Prospects board or somewhere that gets a lot more hits than this board.

Try to claim that guys like O'Sullivan, Parise, Nystrom, and other guys you try to pass off as Canadian should "go back to Canada and play for their homeland" as you are doing here, and see what everyone else thinks.

I'd really like to see that.
I'm sure you would,the posters from the States would back you up and the posters from Canada would say you guys are greasy for poaching all our players...but you already know that so why bother?What gets your goat here and riles you up so much is that you know the situation is just as advertised and that eats you up.....every year the same story....poached players that you pass off as your own.You don't like it and i don't blame you because i would'nt like it either.I don't have to pass off any players as Canadian because both me and you know they are Canadian,don't waste my time and.......get your own damn players.By the way,i thought you said you were finished with this because it was like trying to teach Japanese to a wall? You did'nt keep your word .Now, go steal some players.

espo* is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 03:14 PM
  #32
espo*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Oh!! and yes oiler chick i will stop posting on this,i'd just like them to stop actually trying to say these guys are their players but pride won't allow them to do it.And when i say i won't post on it anymore i mean it,i keep my word. Takes Two to tango remember?The postman gets a pass i guess......that seems to be standard around here.

espo* is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 05:53 PM
  #33
canadahockeygirl*
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: over the rainbow
Country: Ghana
Posts: 11,068
vCash: 500
Well cyclops, since you're so all knowing when it comes to the Bourque family, why don't you enlighten us all with more gems from your repertoire?

Chris was born in the US, not Canada. He's played most of his hockey (except for a small stint up in canada) at the top levels in the US. When you ask him, he doesn't say he's Canadian. He says he's American. But of course, since you obviously talk to him on a daily basis and are in with his family, you'd know that, wouldn't you? Did you ever stop to think that maybe another one of the big reasons he stayed in the US to play college hockey was his family and his girlfriend (she's also American, so if they have kids, will they be Canadian by your logic too?) or maybe it was just the fact that he's shining at one of the better hockey schools in the US academically and athletically? Or maybe he wanted to do more with his life than just sign autographs and open cell phone stores after retirement like his daddy does. I think your pride needs to step down and let you admit that Bourquey is OUR player, not yours. And he is so on his own accord, I must add. He had his opportunity to play up there. He didn't want to. But hey, if a "proud as long as they don't have to live there" type of Canadian citizen is what you value and want as your country's product, more power to you.

My guess is that Posty gets a pass because you're the biggest idiot I've ever read here and others agree with me.

canadahockeygirl* is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 07:21 PM
  #34
Postman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 4,917
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Postman Send a message via MSN to Postman
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadahockeygirl
My guess is that Posty gets a pass because you're the biggest idiot I've ever read here and others agree with me.
I think he's afraid to post this on a more frequently visited board, because the laughter would resonate through his modem and probably crack his monitor.

Postman is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 10:16 PM
  #35
espo*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman
I think he's afraid to post this on a more frequently visited board, because the laughter would resonate through his modem and probably crack his monitor.
You again...did you hear about the new inscription o the statue of liberty postman?

It now reads "give me your poor,your sick,your weak,your huddled masses.....and all your hockey players"

espo* is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 10:19 PM
  #36
Postman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 4,917
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Postman Send a message via MSN to Postman
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops
You again...did you hear about the new inscription o the statue of liberty postman?

It now reads "give me your poor,your sick,your weak,your huddled masses.....and all your hockey players"
Did you hear about the new inscription on your forehead?

It now reads "Empty."

Postman is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 10:23 PM
  #37
espo*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadahockeygirl
Well cyclops, since you're so all knowing when it comes to the Bourque family, why don't you enlighten us all with more gems from your repertoire?

Chris was born in the US, not Canada. He's played most of his hockey (except for a small stint up in canada) at the top levels in the US. When you ask him, he doesn't say he's Canadian. He says he's American. But of course, since you obviously talk to him on a daily basis and are in with his family, you'd know that, wouldn't you? Did you ever stop to think that maybe another one of the big reasons he stayed in the US to play college hockey was his family and his girlfriend (she's also American, so if they have kids, will they be Canadian by your logic too?) or maybe it was just the fact that he's shining at one of the better hockey schools in the US academically and athletically? Or maybe he wanted to do more with his life than just sign autographs and open cell phone stores after retirement like his daddy does. I think your pride needs to step down and let you admit that Bourquey is OUR player, not yours. And he is so on his own accord, I must add. He had his opportunity to play up there. He didn't want to. But hey, if a "proud as long as they don't have to live there" type of Canadian citizen is what you value and want as your country's product, more power to you.

My guess is that Posty gets a pass because you're the biggest idiot I've ever read here and others agree with me.
and we apparently know what your product is there...and that's rippin off everyone players,which you don't like to hear about.If that makes anyone an idiot(and surely everyone like you that hates the fact you pull this garbage off is gonna think you are god) then mother theresa would come off like an idiot. Seroiusely,if you don't like it then stop doing it.i know plenty of people who think what they do is garbage and cheap and if they spent any time being around you they'd most likely tell you to get out of their face.It does'nt matter to me what you think because i don't like you and think you are a suck-up.

espo* is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 10:25 PM
  #38
espo*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman
Did you hear about the new inscription on your forehead?

It now reads "Empty."
And that would still be more then you have then,that's pretty bad.

espo* is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 10:27 PM
  #39
Postman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 4,917
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Postman Send a message via MSN to Postman
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops
And that would still be more then you have then,that's pretty bad.
Man, that lack of a brain really helps you make a lot of sense. Great comeback.

Postman is offline  
Old
11-29-2004, 11:49 PM
  #40
gb701
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops
The United States is capable of producing it's own players would'nt you say?Just because he's born and raised there does'nt mean squat to me,he's Ray Bourque's kid and that makes him Canadian,Ray should know better.
This is quite possibly the dumbest line posted on here for a long long time. By this standard, every Canadian player with an immigrant parent should be playing for the "old country".

The kid was born American, raised American, played American, trained American, and will play for the US if he gets the chance. End of story.

and I am Canadian.

gb701 is offline  
Old
11-30-2004, 04:17 AM
  #41
DutchLeafsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Rotterdam, NL
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,907
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DutchLeafsfan Send a message via MSN to DutchLeafsfan
As Oilers Chick already noted, this thread is about Chris Bourque, not about the whole US/Canada issue some people seam to think to be important. Stay ontopic now; I have already handed out multiple warnings, and more will follow if people again attempt to hijack the thread.

Thanks in advance.


Last edited by DutchLeafsfan: 11-30-2004 at 04:29 AM.
DutchLeafsfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.