HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11-12' Marlies Thread Part VIII - Josh Leivo to join Marlies on ATO

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2012, 09:19 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaiveLeafsFan View Post
Any idea what he is supposed to project as? Heard he has a good motor, pretty strong (i.e. prototypical PWF)...so maybe a Kulemin clone? With all these teams these days picking up gems in the later rounds I hope we have one on our hands with Leivo.
Boom or bust with Leivo. I really liked the pick

Old
04-04-2012, 09:34 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Morrison said he was a project when they picked him. He started his season slow, but really became a force in the second half of his draft year, and tore up the playoffs. This year, he picked up where he left off, an his development took a great step forward. He's a really hard worker, and a team first, humble kid.

He really impressed management last year at the rookie camp, so I guess we'll really see next season. He'll wear a letter, and be looked to as a primary leader on the Wolves.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
I wonder how much the chemistry on the Marlies is going to get screwed up if all these guys(from NHL and Junior) who are eligible start playing for them. I remember when the Leafs were in the playoffs(stops and smiles briefly)and a bunch of the injured guys returned almost all at once and it back fired on them. Now, part of that problem was they weren't in playoff game shape but also the team was knocked off kilter a bit by the influx of new(old) guys.
Players coming in and out of the roster is par for the course in the AHL. With injuries, call-ups and demotions from the Leafs, its a moving target all year. They should be used to it.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Stringer Bell

Hopefully Leivo explodes next year. 32 goals and 73 points this year. What can we realistically want from Leivo next year, 40 goals, 85 points?

Old
04-04-2012, 09:45 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer Bell View Post
Hopefully Leivo explodes next year. 32 goals and 73 points this year. What can we realistically want from Leivo next year, 40 goals, 85 points?
It depends really. The Wolves were a one line team led by the OHL's leading scorer Michael Sgarbossa. He'll be leaving the Wolves this year which would be a huge loss. I believe Andrey Kuchin will also be done with the Wolves which leaves Leivo as the only guy left from that line. We'll have to see how he can do with all the weight on his shoulders along with guys like Matt Campagna and Baptiste.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:46 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Which of our prospects are still in the playoffs?

Old
04-04-2012, 09:47 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer Bell View Post
He sort of did explode this season. I don't' think anyone was expecting him to put up the numbers he did. I was expecting an increase, but he jumped from 30 to 70+.

I think if he can score at a similar rate, maybe shoot for 80 points, that would be fine by me. It comes down to the supporting cast also. He was on a very strong line this year.

04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
He sort of did explode this season. I don't' think anyone was expecting him to put up the numbers he did. I was expecting an increase, but he jumped from 30 to 70+.

I think if he can score at a similar rate, maybe shoot for 80 points, that would be fine by me. It comes down to the supporting cast also. He was on a very strong line this year.
When you play with the OHL's leading scorer, I'd say it's a pretty strong line and pretty doubtful that he repeats this performance.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:19 AM
BeLeafer11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Is Percy healthy or strong enough after being injured quite severly twice this season?
I was at the Majors game on Monday night where they were eliminated. I thought he looked a little lost with the puck out there. Tons of giveaways, missed clears, etc. May have just been an off night for him or he's not 100% yet. In the first 2 periods he was seemingly getting 3/4th minutes. As the game progressed into the 3rd and OT his minutes started increasing.

He threw a huge check and seemed good at angling bodies which is a good sign of his hockey sense.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:19 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
When you play with the OHL's leading scorer, I'd say it's a pretty strong line and pretty doubtful that he repeats this performance.
Well, you also have to take into considering the growth of Leivo as a player. So it's not out of the question to say he can be a 70 point player in his own right.

To expect an increase in his offensive totals may be a bit unfair giving the graduation of his linemates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLeafer11 View Post
I was at the Majors game on Monday night where they were eliminated. I thought he looked a little lost with the puck out there. Tons of giveaways, missed clears, etc. May have just been an off night for him or he's not 100% yet. In the first 2 periods he was seemingly getting 3/4th minutes. As the game progressed into the 3rd and OT his minutes started increasing.

He threw a huge check and seemed good at angling bodies which is a good sign of his hockey sense.
Stuart Percy has signed an ATO with the Toronto Marlies.

With the Marlies locking up the divisional title, we may see more players rested and more youth inserted into the lineup in the final two weeks of the season.

Last edited by Leaf Rocket: 04-04-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old
04-04-2012, 10:21 AM
BeLeafer11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I watched 10-15 Sudbury games this year and rarely noticed Leivo on the first line. He was generally on the 2nd line.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:33 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLeafer11 View Post
I watched 10-15 Sudbury games this year and rarely noticed Leivo on the first line. He was generally on the 2nd line.
I seen a majority of the Wolves games at home and they played with a line of Leivo - Kuchin - Sgarbossa

At the beginning of the year, the line wasn't clicking so Cull tried something different, then he went back to that line-up and they started doing good again and playing like they did at the end of last year and the playoffs.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:39 AM
KlattNazty

One would have to think that given Lashoff is close to being ready, that the Marlies are about to have the best version of their team ever lol.

Ashton, Mueller, Colborne, Kadri, Frattin, Zigomanis, Hamilton, Scott, Damigo, Dupuis, and Deschampes?

And at the back, Lashoff, Gardiner, Holzer, Fraser, Gysbers, Blacker, Mikus?

With one of the top AHL goalies in net?

Love their chances, and love the way they play.

Old
04-04-2012, 10:59 AM
samwitch

Anyone know when playoff tickets will be going on sale?

Old
04-04-2012, 11:06 AM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Anyone know when playoff tickets will be going on sale?
Tomorrow. Round one

Old
04-04-2012, 11:21 AM
mooseOAK*

Marlies called up Drew Paris so I guess that a defenceman will be called up to replace Gunnarsson for the last couple of games.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:26 AM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Marlies called up Drew Paris so I guess that a defenceman will be called up to replace Gunnarsson for the last couple of games.
Perhaps. Chicago (ECHL) also did not make the playoffs, so the Marlies could just be adding another body on D for their playoff run.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:28 AM
The Mentalist
A Hockey Mentalist

Good to read Lashoff is back, he and Mark Fraser are best buds from their junior days.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Glad to hear about the marlies clinching. Atleast some positive news for the playoffs and the young guns in the AHL. Gardiners coming to help should also be a HUGE boost.

04-04-2012, 11:54 AM
KlattNazty

This question is always an interesting one...

Of all the guys we have in the system, lets say the ones that are close to making it (guess thats subjective lol), but which ones actually look like or seem to be "future Toronto Maple Leafs".

What kind of role will the guys have?

Ross?
Biggs?
Colborne?
Blacker?
Kadri?
Ashton?

Is everyone on that list a future leaf?

Old
04-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Im going to be captain obvious and guess holzer.

Anyways, I like the marlies chances at winning the cup. Frattin + Ashton + Gardiner will be big boosts.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

It definitely should be holzer that gets called up, give him a bit of a taste of the NHL.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:11 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundinOurOnlyChance View Post
Which of our prospects are still in the playoffs?
Gregg McKegg
Sam Carrick
Jamie Devane
Andrew Crescenzi

..and the Toronto Marlies

Old
04-04-2012, 12:17 PM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Gregg McKegg
Sam Carrick
Jamie Devane
Andrew Crescenzi

..and the Toronto Marlies
and Brad Ross.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:32 PM
jake1

MacWilliam announced his intention to return to school for his senior year.

Closed Thread