HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canes Board Lounge VI: Tennessee needs a hug

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

vCash: 500
Nice to know that the Celtics have the refs in their back pockets

Old
05-10-2012, 11:56 PM
bilpeto
Master Mixologist

All I know is...I'd much rather be discussing a hockey game than this basketball nonsense.

I am supposed to go out to eat and watch the Caps game with a former coworker of mine (Caps fan) on Saturday night though.

Old
05-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Trollinen View Post
Nice to know that the Celtics have the refs in their back pockets
Them and the Lakers always have and always will. Horford should have absolutely got two FT's on Daniels' foul.

I know he ended up going to the line and missing one, but still.

Old
05-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Sens1Canes2

Google "Ted movie trailer" and watch the preview. Not *exactly* what I was expecting.

Old
05-11-2012, 11:16 AM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor wearing goon View Post
+1

Except maybe for the really old part.
Well, I only feel old relative to the board, especially in the OT threads when talking about things that are popular and/or school.

To put it in perspective, the first superhero movie I saw in the theater was Superman II when I was a wee lad. That thought weighed heavily on my mind as I sat behind 3D glasses the other night watching The Avengers.

Old
05-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Novacane
LOCK

Any thoughts on Senior Prank Day?

I was one of the lucky few who didnt have to go to class at all today (no exams with exemptions and prior AP's). In the wee hours of the morning, we TP'ed the "Character Tree", spread crickets around in the classrooms and ceiling, brought the desks out and piled them in front of the doors, spray painted the big R orange (they were really pissed), and stole one of the security guard's golf carts. Some kids road into school on ATV's and a moped.

During the day, we had a beach "theme" because the senior "gift" we got was a walmart beach towel. Last year, seniors got nice sunglasses with croakies for comparison. We had 3 coolers of water balloons that we hit the main disciplinarian, head of upper school, and students with. Many water guns were also used; however some were confiscated without being used and were never given back . My friend had a bottle of fart spray and sprayed it around all of the halls and the main eating place.

Outside of the building, we played some badminton, sprayed down the juniors as they were going to the cars, and didn't let them leave their parking lot for lunch. Some of my friends and I decided to skip 4 periods of class to go eat at Kanki (awesome decision by the way).

Last moment of the day which I find VERY hippocritical. A Junior SGA rep who is all about being nice and never saying any bad things decided to single out one of the seniors by pushing them up against one of the lockers and yelling at them. First, I find it funny that she would do this because she is all about rainbows and sunshine. Second, she's just going to be a hippocrit by doing it next year. Don't go and be mad now and then do the senior pranks next year. My brother nailed me with water balloons when I was a freshman and I found it hilarious. It's just water ffs. Third, she was demoted from her position .

Overall, a great day minus the teachers deciding to be *******s.

Old
05-11-2012, 08:54 PM
bilpeto
Master Mixologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
Any thoughts on Senior Prank Day?

I was one of the lucky few who didnt have to go to class at all today (no exams with exemptions and prior AP's). In the wee hours of the morning, we TP'ed the "Character Tree", spread crickets around in the classrooms and ceiling, brought the desks out and piled them in front of the doors, spray painted the big R orange (they were really pissed), and stole one of the security guard's golf carts. Some kids road into school on ATV's and a moped.

During the day, we had a beach "theme" because the senior "gift" we got was a walmart beach towel. Last year, seniors got nice sunglasses with croakies for comparison. We had 3 coolers of water balloons that we hit the main disciplinarian, head of upper school, and students with. Many water guns were also used; however some were confiscated without being used and were never given back . My friend had a bottle of fart spray and sprayed it around all of the halls and the main eating place.

Outside of the building, we played some badminton, sprayed down the juniors as they were going to the cars, and didn't let them leave their parking lot for lunch. Some of my friends and I decided to skip 4 periods of class to go eat at Kanki (awesome decision by the way).

Last moment of the day which I find VERY hippocritical. A Junior SGA rep who is all about being nice and never saying any bad things decided to single out one of the seniors by pushing them up against one of the lockers and yelling at them. First, I find it funny that she would do this because she is all about rainbows and sunshine. Second, she's just going to be a hippocrit by doing it next year. Don't go and be mad now and then do the senior pranks next year. My brother nailed me with water balloons when I was a freshman and I found it hilarious. It's just water ffs. Third, she was demoted from her position .

Overall, a great day minus the teachers deciding to be *******s.
Well, I pretty much did nothing...so....

The last little bit for me last year:

-Take AP exams
-Exempt from my school exams....so I just finished the last days of classes
-Had to go in one day to take the exam for my online AP psych class under supervision of a guidance counselor
-Done

Old
05-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Novacane
LOCK

I should clarify a part of my story. I was supposed to be present at all of my classes, but some teachers did not care if I showed up or not since I did not have any exams to take.

Also, I am beyond happy to get away from that school. The one thing that kept me sane over these 13 years were my classmates. I can honestly say noone was the definition of ******* or weird. I couldn't ask for a better group of seniors. One thing that surprised me was in a graduating class of ~120 kids, we had 41 lifers. That is a high percentage of kids to go to the same school for 13 years.

I am ready to get away from the constant monitoring that goes on, and the constant reminders of how "lucky" we are. Ya, I get it, our parents have money, but that doesn't define us as people. How about they talk to OUR strengths, not our parent's. I already am very grateful for what my parents have done and thank them every day for it. I feel sorry for any kid who needs the school to tell them how to treat their parents. The school offers you great teaching, but it zaps your personality in the process. Early on it, the mindset went from being a kid and having fun to work work work. I feel like we were treated as robots, and were expected to deal with it. Sure you can say welcome to the real world, but the people who can handle the daily grind were the kids who had fun instead of spending their whole childhood focused on learning and nothing else.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:31 PM
bilpeto
Master Mixologist

Quote:
I should clarify a part of my story. I was supposed to be present at all of my classes, but some teachers did not care if I showed up or not since I did not have any exams to take.

Also, I am beyond happy to get away from that school. The one thing that kept me sane over these 13 years were my classmates. I can honestly say noone was the definition of ******* or weird. I couldn't ask for a better group of seniors. One thing that surprised me was in a graduating class of ~120 kids, we had 41 lifers. That is a high percentage of kids to go to the same school for 13 years.

I am ready to get away from the constant monitoring that goes on, and the constant reminders of how "lucky" we are. Ya, I get it, our parents have money, but that doesn't define us as people. How about they talk to OUR strengths, not our parent's. I already am very grateful for what my parents have done and thank them every day for it. I feel sorry for any kid who needs the school to tell them how to treat their parents. The school offers you great teaching, but it zaps your personality in the process. Early on it, the mindset went from being a kid and having fun to work work work. I feel like we were treated as robots, and were expected to deal with it. Sure you can say welcome to the real world, but the people who can handle the daily grind were the kids who had fun instead of spending their whole childhood focused on learning and nothing else.
I was part of a graduating class of 500+ at Apex, so that seems pretty tiny. You and your fancy schmancy school there with its tiny graduating class...

Old
05-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Novacane
LOCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
I was part of a graduating class of 500+ at Apex, so that seems pretty tiny. You and your fancy schmancy school there with its tiny graduating class...
Good thing is small classes. Bad thing is everyone knows everything about you. One screw up and you're toast for eternity.

Old
05-11-2012, 10:21 PM
bilpeto
Master Mixologist

Quote:
Good thing is small classes. Bad thing is everyone knows everything about you. One screw up and you're toast for eternity.
Now you've gotta go off to a college, and you'll be like "WTF, this is ****ing huge..."

Old
05-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

You see, our senior week (and senior pranks) suck.

Basically, our principal is the biggest BAMF that ever lived. He's ridiculously chill, everyone loves him, and you can basically do whatever you want whenever you want throughout the whole school year. However, because he's so chill, he actually LETS us do pranks. And, because he LETS us do pranks, we have to run them all by him first. While we're still basically allowed to do whatever we want as long as it's not dangerous and won't cause literally weeks of cleanup for the janitors (two years ago, Captain Tripps' class, one of my friends drove his Smart car into the commons, and set off the car alarm every couple minutes ), it's not really a prank if the principal is OK with it, is it?

Granted, I wouldn't want to have a real prank if it meant having a dick principal for the rest of the year, but it's still a bit of a bummer.

Old
05-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicEnemy View Post
Now you've gotta go off to a college, and you'll be like "WTF, this is ****ing huge..."
The main benefit to college tho is the coeds. Somehow they look better than High School

Old
05-12-2012, 07:18 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
The main benefit to college tho is the coeds. Somehow they look better than High School
The beer goggles help on that front

Old
05-12-2012, 10:43 AM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

I feel like I am reading about a ****** high school comedy movie on this page.

Old
05-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Callahan View Post
I feel like I am reading about a ****** high school comedy movie on this page.
Well, you're in one of the perfect States for it. I can't imagine all the stuffy nosed people up in Harvard and Yale and Penn etc get up to the Shinanegins that we down here

PS - Epic troll by David Beckham haha Click Me

Quote:
Beckham, always a media magnet, was asked by a Montreal media member how it felt to come to a hockey town and try to convert fans to soccer. Beckham answered, “I think we’re (LA) the hockey town at the moment.”

Old
05-12-2012, 11:45 PM
bilpeto
Master Mixologist

Could this commentary be any more biased towards the Lakers, by chance?

Old
05-13-2012, 12:35 AM
bilpeto
Master Mixologist

So how about Ty Lawson?

Old
05-13-2012, 12:38 AM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

The Boston Celtics, the kings of the open ass shot.

Old
05-13-2012, 01:05 AM
Aquin001 on Ice

Since we're on the topic of grad pranks, just thought I'd share what happened at our school a few years ago (not my leaving class).

A few weeks or so in advance, some people put out advertisements in local newspapers and around the city that a Bon Jovi music video was being shot on one of the fields at our school. That day, 500+ people flocked our fields waiting for him to show up. One of the students rented a limo with tinted windows and pulled up into the parking lot. Of course the crowd went absolutely nuts, expecting it to be Bon Jovi. The shock of all those people when that student and a few of his friends got out and nonchalantly strolled into the school was priceless .

Old
05-13-2012, 01:13 AM
bilpeto
Master Mixologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquin001 on Ice View Post
Since we're on the topic of grad pranks, just thought I'd share what happened at our school a few years ago (not my leaving class).

A few weeks or so in advance, some people put out advertisements in local newspapers and around the city that a Bon Jovi music video was being shot on one of the fields at our school. That day, 500+ people flocked our fields waiting for him to show up. One of the students rented a limo with tinted windows and pulled up into the parking lot. Of course the crowd went absolutely nuts, expecting it to be Bon Jovi. The shock of all those people when that student and a few of his friends got out and nonchalantly strolled into the school was priceless .
That sounds pretty epic.

Old
05-13-2012, 01:20 AM
bilpeto
Master Mixologist

Well, since my first hope of the Nuggets winning didn't work out...my second hope is that the Clippers win tomorrow, and that the Kings/Lakers/Clippers keep advancing and making scheduling hell at Staples Center.

Old
05-13-2012, 01:52 AM
Carolinas Identity
I'm a bad troll

I hate the Celtics so much right now, that I would actually cheer for the Heat over them. I feel dirty for saying that, but it's true.

Old
05-13-2012, 02:35 AM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

Quote:
I hate the Celtics so much right now, that I would actually cheer for the Heat over them. I feel dirty for saying that, but it's true.
Yep, they're so ******* arrogant. They've been practically gifted a spot in the Eastern Conference Finals and they think they're so good. Pierce, Rondo and Garnett are three of the biggest pieces of **** in the NBA and nobody seems to notice it because they play for Boston. I can't wait for the Heat to beat them, again.

For a team that had the hype they did when they were formed, 1 title is nothing short of a joke. I also take solace in the fact that they're going to blow in the near future when Garnett, Pierce and Allen all retire (or leave).

Rant over.

Old
05-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Novacane
LOCK

This isn't a prank, but for Memorial day a few years ago there was supposed to be an army helicopter that was going to fly down and land on the football field while we were waiting in the bleachers. That would have been awesome except nature decided to **** it up by raining and being too windy.

Closed Thread