HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

NE Division fireworks!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2012, 05:20 PM
  #1
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,367
vCash: 250
NE Division fireworks!!

i have to say i am really exited for this upcoming nhl season buffalo has kaleta ott and mcormick
boston has mquaid thorton lucic chara toronto has brown and rosehill montreal has moen white prust and tinordi if he makes it and ottawa has neil smith cowen it should be exiting when some of these teams meet extremly exiting when buffalo montreal and boston meet each other.

PricerStopDaPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:22 PM
  #2
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation
 
Timbo Slice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 15,558
vCash: 500
I really think it will be one of the most exciting divisions in hockey, maybe just in terms of animosity! I can't wait!

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 05:40 PM
  #3
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,367
vCash: 250
yeah and then you add agitators like subban and marchand to the situation and it will get real entertaining!!

PricerStopDaPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:20 PM
  #4
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,986
vCash: 500
don't forget Scott. i wish Carkner were still in the NE.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:22 PM
  #5
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,592
vCash: 500
Komarov is going to make everyone pull their hair out

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
  #6
seeweed
Registered User
 
seeweed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
then, the stupid media will complain, so the NHL will step in and put an end to any animosity.

i really HATE the ****ing media!

seeweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 07:08 PM
  #7
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,367
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
don't forget Scott. i wish Carkner were still in the NE.
yeah i dont know if anybody would fight scott though argueablly the toughest guy in the league i think he could beat chara

PricerStopDaPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:21 PM
  #8
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,699
vCash: 50
that's awesome Buffalo went out and acquired Scott and Ott to toughen them up.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:12 AM
  #9
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin
 
dafoomie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 14,120
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
yeah i dont know if anybody would fight scott though argueablly the toughest guy in the league i think he could beat chara
Thornton wanted to the last time they played Chicago, there was some bad blood there.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:15 AM
  #10
danishh
Dat Stache
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: mtl/ott/somewhere
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,654
vCash: 50
sucks carks is gone, but yeah, this division should be interesting in the animosity area this year.

__________________
RIP Kev.
danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:28 AM
  #11
Banana Sandwiches
Registered User
 
Banana Sandwiches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 2,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
yeah i dont know if anybody would fight scott though argueablly the toughest guy in the league i think he could beat chara
Thornton will fight Scott. Not saying he'll win, but he's definitely not afraid of Scott.

I'd like to see Chara fight Scott. Not because I think it would a good fight (it won't), but just because it would be so awkward and fascinating to see the two biggest guys in the league throw down.

I really like how the Sabres added some toughness this season. They seemed pissed about what happened last year against Boston, and I'm sure Ryan Miller is pleased as to what Buffalo did this off-season. Also have to like Ott on Buffalo stirring the pot!

I like what Montreal did too. Another team who was tired of being pushed by Boston. Getting Prust, re-signing Moen and White, and even bringing in another gritty guy in Armstrong was a good move. If there's something the Canadiens have lacked since the lock-out, it was grit.

Toronto is almost certain to be a tough and physical team next year with Brian Burke and Randy Carlyle running the show. Both guys like rough and tumble hockey.

I'm interested to see if Ottawa does anything. They lost Carkner and Konopka, but still have Chris Neil and Zack Smith.

And Boston is still Boston.

Banana Sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 12:36 AM
  #12
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,020
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27Niedermayer View Post
I like what Montreal did too. Another team who was tired of being pushed by Boston. Getting Prust, re-signing Moen and White, and even bringing in another gritty guy in Armstrong was a good move. If there's something the Canadiens have lacked since the lock-out, it was grit.
People might be surprised but post lockout the Habs were actually pretty gritty, especially their D:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 01:05 AM
  #13
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,367
vCash: 250
ottawa isnt as tough as before but they are still pretty tough

PricerStopDaPuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 03:00 AM
  #14
GRoberts07
Registered User
 
GRoberts07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
I'm very excited to watch the Northwest Divisional games next year, especially with Ott being traded to Buffalo. He's already had a history with the Bruins as a Star, and with that + the Lucic/Miller incident last year, that rivalry is going to be taken up a notch. Those two teams are going to despise each other, which is a win for the viewers.

GRoberts07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:57 AM
  #15
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,710
vCash: 500
The leafs don't seem to stack up well this year, unless Orr is in the line-up.

Although Carlyle will have them playing a gritty game. I want to see some bad blood, and it looks like this division is going to be full of it.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:50 AM
  #16
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
People might be surprised but post lockout the Habs were actually pretty gritty, especially their D:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...ewName=summary

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...tssPlayerStats
Simpson played 6 games with the Habs that year, so can take him out. Same with Downey who only played 25.

Really, if that's considered "pretty gritty" I'd say that proves his point.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:30 AM
  #17
BlackNgold 84
Registered User
 
BlackNgold 84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Ott and Campbell will fight at least 2 or 3 times next season. It would be awesome to see scott fight chara or even looch. Or looch to beat up ott and kaleta again.. And thats just the b's vs the sabres. The canadiens have gotten tougher and if they win the Doan sweepstakes (just going off his visit with the team) it could be some good games. Prust and looch have fought 2 times so that would be good. Armstrong might wanna get revenge on hammerhand seidenberg (joke). Nevermind the myriad amounts of other tough guys or call ups to either team. The Northeast could get bloody this season and i'm gonna love every second of it.

BlackNgold 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:20 PM
  #18
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack
 
MichiganWolverines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
Ott and Campbell will fight at least 2 or 3 times next season. It would be awesome to see scott fight chara or even looch. Or looch to beat up ott and kaleta again.. And thats just the b's vs the sabres. The canadiens have gotten tougher and if they win the Doan sweepstakes (just going off his visit with the team) it could be some good games. Prust and looch have fought 2 times so that would be good. Armstrong might wanna get revenge on hammerhand seidenberg (joke). Nevermind the myriad amounts of other tough guys or call ups to either team. The Northeast could get bloody this season and i'm gonna love every second of it.
I'm sorry if this comment might offend you but Greg Campbell is a human punching bag but Steve Ott is also pretty bad middleweight too, i'm excited to watch Buffalo and Boston this year there should be some good fights.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:03 PM
  #19
Anisimovs AK
Registered User
 
Anisimovs AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Komarov is going to make everyone pull their hair out
Nice, a Leo Komarov reference. Speaking of which, how the hell do you get 144 pim's in 56 games...in the SM-Liiga?

Is he a Ville niemonen type player?

Anisimovs AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 04:12 PM
  #20
Bob Cole
Registered User
 
Bob Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,308
vCash: 500
the only soft team in the division is now the leafs.

Bob Cole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 05:02 PM
  #21
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRoberts07 View Post
I'm very excited to watch the Northwest Divisional games next year, especially with Ott being traded to Buffalo. He's already had a history with the Bruins as a Star, and with that + the Lucic/Miller incident last year, that rivalry is going to be taken up a notch. Those two teams are going to despise each other, which is a win for the viewers.
Don't forget Kaleta, too. If the first Bruins-Sabres game takes longer than a period to start beating each other in I call league intervention.

For the habs, Bouillon is a tough and willing fighter.

Will be interesting to see what the leafs do. They have some intriguing prospects in the fighting department, but not much on their team right now which is odd considering what they're gm said he wants... They're bound to add a tough player, or two.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 06:25 PM
  #22
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,281
vCash: 500
Atlantic should be fun!

NYR:Rupp, Asham, Bickel, Haley

NJD:Janssen, Barch, Carter

NYI:Carkner, Martin, Boulton

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 06:46 PM
  #23
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
Simpson played 6 games with the Habs that year, so can take him out. Same with Downey who only played 25.

Really, if that's considered "pretty gritty" I'd say that proves his point.
Souray, Rivet, Komisarek (before Lucic ruined him), Begin, Bouillion, Murray, they weren't the Flyers of the 70's, but definately not as soft as our current lineup. Souray and Rivet could really throw them.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.