HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs @ Sabres | Leafs lose 6-5

Old
04-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
No we dont mind the sabres, it just would have been funny if your playoff hopes would have been squashed by tyler bozak and ben scrivens. That would make for a good (dark) comedy.

But now that our games are done, hopefully you guys win out and capitals choke.
Actually, its down to that smarmy arrogant stick insect that plays goal for you. He makes no bones about how much he hates Toronto. And we love to hate on him in return.

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 10:43 PM
Winreims

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand1138man View Post
I dont understand, I would MUCH MUCH rather see toronto in the playoffs then washington, (im a sabres fan) and people seem mad that they weren't able to spoil them totally, Do leaf fans really like the capitals more than the sabres? I mean you really pretty much killed us by beating us the first game, and steven stamkos gave us a chance, and the win tonight gave us even more of a chance, but still we need to beat philly and boston and hope for washing to lose to either florida or the rangers, so it's not looking great anyways, It would have been loking great if we beat the leafs in toronto, cause we'd control our destiny, but I dont get why toronto hates buffalo so bad? I love toronto, the leafs are my second favorite team and people from buffalo are WAY bigger hockey fans than people from washington, and I'd think toronto fans would appreciate that.
First off, you're the only Sabres fan I've seen on here that would want us in the playoffs period. So nice to meet you. I dislike Buffalo because of the rivalry we have. And it always seems that when we play you guys (especially in Buf) the calls always go your way. Somehow, someway that always seems to happen.

Oh another reason I wanted to squash the Sabres chances was that game in March 2007 that helped to kill our playoff chances (5-4 reg loss after holding a 4-1 lead for 45 minutes)... I mean that game helped the Isles get in over us...eww, the Islanders

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:27 PM
bjtkyo

No way the Sabres' fourth goal should've counted (Scrivens' pad was pushed in with the puck.. should've been waived off).

And the 5th goal could've gone either way.. if the Leafs were anywhere near the playoffs, I would've been extremely angry at that goal.

But at this point I'm just hoping for a lottery pick, so I'm not upset at all about how it all turned out..

bjtkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand1138man View Post
I dont understand, I would MUCH MUCH rather see toronto in the playoffs then washington, (im a sabres fan) and people seem mad that they weren't able to spoil them totally, Do leaf fans really like the capitals more than the sabres? I mean you really pretty much killed us by beating us the first game, and steven stamkos gave us a chance, and the win tonight gave us even more of a chance, but still we need to beat philly and boston and hope for washing to lose to either florida or the rangers, so it's not looking great anyways, It would have been loking great if we beat the leafs in toronto, cause we'd control our destiny, but I dont get why toronto hates buffalo so bad? I love toronto, the leafs are my second favorite team and people from buffalo are WAY bigger hockey fans than people from washington, and I'd think toronto fans would appreciate that.
Well Leafs fans would have more reason to dislike the Sabres than the Caps seeing as how we share a division and the Sabres have a goalie that up until last season seemed unbeatable to the Leafs. At the very least, things are slowly turning the corner in the Leafs/Sabres match ups. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Washington miss playoffs but I still thought it was funny that a hot Buffalo Sabres team came into Toronto and lost to a team that could barely buy a win in the past two months. There's certainly an irony there that if the Sabres miss the playoffs, you can probably look back to their game against the Leafs in Toronto a few days ago and say that was the defining moment of the Sabres season. And it came at the hand of a team that was playing like crap and with zero confidence.

The more important thing to take from this is that local boy Stamkos gave the Sabres a fighting chance tonight by putting away Washington in regulation last night. Tonight the Toronto Maple Leafs let the Sabres back into the game and gave them 2 points to put in the bank. I'm not sure if Leafs fans like the Sabres, but I think Sabres fans should love Toronto right about now

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtkyo View Post
No way the Sabres' fourth goal should've counted (Scrivens' pad was pushed in with the puck.. should've been waived off).
And the 5th goal could've gone either way.. if the Leafs were anywhere near the playoffs, I would've been extremely angry at that goal.

But at this point I'm just hoping for a lottery pick, so I'm not upset at all about how it all turned out..
Is there a rule for that?

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Thrillingbroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
Is there a rule for that?
You aren't allowed to push the goalie into the net with puck but Scrivens never had it covered so it was a good goal.

Quote:
78.5 Disallowed Goals Apparent goals shall be disallowed by the Referee and the appropriate announcement made by the Public Address Announcer for the following reasons:
(ix) When a goalkeeper has been pushed into the net together with the puck after making a save. See also 69.6.

Thrillingbroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:46 PM
ogoaltrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
It was a pathetic display. The fourth goal was not a goal and the 5th goal was the biggest bunch of ******** I've ever seen in my life.
I'LL give you the 5th, but how was the 4th not a goal ????

Maybe you dont have replays in Toronto

ogoaltrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:48 PM
ogoaltrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
Best part of the game for me was seeing Komi jaw Foligno at the faceoff dot on the winning goal. Foligno then proceeds to go into the corner with Komi and cleans his clock takes the puck and brings it back to the front of the net and the ensuing scrum results in the tying goal.

The one straw that will make me think about giving up my 37 year allegiance to the Leafs is if they bring Komiserek back next year.

There is no way in hell he should be back.....I will start a collection if that is what it takes for MLSE to buy him out. I would rather see Finger up here than this plug
I hope he's back because payback is comming. Foligno will not forget.
Classless

ogoaltrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Who would've thought when we went up 3-0 that we'd still be at #5th overall at the end of the night?

Well, that just happened.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:50 PM
The Lollipop King
4th Line = all heart

The 4th goal even though I didnt like it was legit, the 5th goal was absolute garbage on the part of the refs. There is no way he saw it

The Lollipop King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Ratboy
Leafs DGAF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
Who would've thought when we went up 3-0 that we'd still be at #5th overall at the end of the night?

Well, that just happened.
top 5 top 5 top 5 top 5 top 5..

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:42 AM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
don't know why people think the 5th goal was bad on the ref's, the replay showed the puck visable for most of it, but with scrivens basically in the butterfly with his glove and blocker off the ice clearly showed the Goalie didn't have it covered. and when players are laying on the puck they always give them 5-10 seconds to get up and off it before blowing the play dead. so I see nothing wrong with the play if someone would have put Leopold on his butt instead of trying to cover the puck maybe he wouldn't have been able to poke the puck in.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:47 AM
MorriPage

The sooner everyone accepts the notion that this team will most likely win the last two games, the better off everyone will be.

MorriPage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Fred Murtz

Bozak goal

Brayden McNabb vs Jay Rosehill fight.

Marcus Foligno vs Matt Frattin fight.

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Marcus Foligno is exactly the kind of player the Leafs need in their line-up. And good for Frattin for steeping up. Ugly loss, Sabres battled hard and were scrappy. The debated goal is controversial but I do think it's justified, the puck was still loose... so that's that.

Btw, I want the Sabres to make the playoffs. I feel they're a better fit than the Caps.

Giuseppe Sallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Fred Murtz

Bozek 2nd goal

Mike Komisarek decking Marcus Foligno

Frattin goal

Old
04-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Dang I got off the tank just for this game too... Oh well. No way buff does any damage if they get in. Terrible team.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogoaltrop View Post
I'LL give you the 5th, but how was the 4th not a goal ????

Maybe you dont have replays in Toronto
You're so cool. They barely beat a cellar dwellar team. I've enjoyed the misery in buffalo all season and I'm going to enjoy it even more when you're on the greens in a few days. Miller, Lindsey, your fans, media...all whiney sack of s**** right from october.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:27 AM
Fred Murtz

Gardiner goal

Macarthur goal

Old
04-04-2012, 03:38 AM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogoaltrop View Post
I hope he's back because payback is comming. Foligno will not forget.
Classless

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 03:47 AM
Duke Silver
Truce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Murtz View Post
Mike Komisarek decking Marcus Foligno

Is Rick Jeanneret calling Scrivens "Scrifter"?

The man is losing his mind.

Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Yosho
Logic

I enjoyed how the Ref was still looking at the pile up while the puck was sitting in the net. Yep, he MUST have had clear sight of it...

The entire Leafs season in that one play.

I enjoyed the Frattin-Bozak-Kessel line. They were dangerous almost every shift.

Gardiner's goal was unreal. He toyed with all 5 Sabres skaters... that was beautiful.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Erdinger

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post

Gardiner's goal was unreal. He toyed with all 5 Sabres skaters... that was beautiful.
When you see him do something like that it makes some of his rookie brain cramps easy to forget.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:36 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

I'd like to thank Miller for keeping the Leafs in the top 5.

He robbed the Leafs of at least 3 goals.

Sabres struggling with a lottery team, back to back, shows you how good they are.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Yosho
Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I'd like to thank Miller for keeping the Leafs in the top 5.

He robbed the Leafs of at least 3 goals.

Sabres struggling with a lottery team, back to back, shows you how good they are.
Absolutely. Kessel could have easily hit 40 last night.

...I hate Miller.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote