HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's going on? Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Philly85
Moody'

vCash: 500
ray ferraro confuses belittling and patronizing certain teams and players with being unbiased and level headed. Couldn't stand that guy. Still don't really like him although he's better than most, to be sure.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:51 PM
smokersarejokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skm View Post
I definitely agree with this. He doesn't ever use anyone's name but he does speak candidly about being in the dressing room, dealing with management, agents, etc. As much as I enjoy him in the media I really wish the Oilers would look at bringing him in as some type of player consultant. He even wrote an article on ON about how he learned a lot about fitness and nutrition while he was playing in Sweden, and along with being a consummate pro, he could definitely help some of the Oilers young guys and prospects.
Yeah, I like Struds too.

The Oilers brought him into development camp to speak to the kids. There was an article about it a while back.

I think he was saying stuff about how he was a late round pick, drafted as a 19 year old, and managed to carve out a career much longer than many higher ranked prospects just because of hard work, dedication, etc.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:54 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
ray ferraro confuses belittling and patronizing certain teams and players with being unbiased and level headed. Couldn't stand that guy. Still don't really like him although he's better than most, to be sure.
Yeah I couldn't stand Ferraro either. He often had some good things to say but he always sounded like a total meathead.

Old
07-27-2012, 01:25 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
Yeah I couldn't stand Ferraro either. He often had some good things to say but he always sounded like a total meathead.
What?

He is probably the best analyst in hockey.

Old
08-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Slats432

The last few days Team1260 has a new news guy in the AM. (Park Ward?)

Sad thing is, he tries to inject humour in the news. We don't want humour in the news, we want news, and even then on sports radio, we don't really want news.

But if you are going to do news, don't try to inject your own personal "funny" editorial with it.

(Today making fun of the mayor when talking about the arena...and yesterday's was worse, although the topic escapes me)

Also, Like Ferraro. Very knowledgeable and well spoken.....Give me him over most of the other guys..(McGuire, Healy, Pang, Aaron Ward, McLellan etc etc)

Old
08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432 View Post
Also, Like Ferraro. Very knowledgeable and well spoken.....Give me him over most of the other guys..(McGuire, Healy, Pang, Aaron Ward, McLellan etc etc)
Agreed, I look forward to Ferraro's analysis unlike McGuire, etc. I Healy is getting better but there's too much emphasis on his "playing days" when he was a backup. Darren Pang I like. Aaron Ward and Jamie McLellan however are total meatheads with very little quality analysis.

I don't mind listening to Rob Brown. He's not bad too.

Old
08-02-2012, 03:40 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
Agreed, I look forward to Ferraro's analysis unlike McGuire, etc. I Healy is getting better but there's too much emphasis on his "playing days" when he was a backup. Darren Pang I like. Aaron Ward and Jamie McLellan however are total meatheads with very little quality analysis.

I don't mind listening to Rob Brown. He's not bad too.
I feel that if there is someone in the room that is under 20 when Healy is on that I have to let them know that he sucked and was for the most part a backup.

Old
08-02-2012, 04:11 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:

Sad thing is, he tries to inject humour in the news. We don't want humour in the news, we want news, and even then on sports radio, we don't really want news.

But if you are going to do news, don't try to inject your own personal "funny" editorial with it.

(Today making fun of the mayor when talking about the arena...and yesterday's was worse, although the topic escapes me)
thats Park Warden from the Bear...who's been with the station for like 15 years at least...can't believe you've never heard of him

I admit, he should stick to music though

Old
08-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:

It's Park Warden from the Bear. Normally the news is done by Jillian Foote from the Bear but she is currently off and back home in Nova Scotia getting married.

So just wait another week or so and she will return. Or possibly if Paul and Yukon are back next week Yukon might do the news, who knows. But right now the entire morning staff from the bear is currently off.

Old
08-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Philly85
Moody'

Jason Strudwick is a beauty, one funny mother****er. Should be THE co host with either Nielsen in the morning or Gregor in the afternoon. He plays off people so effortlessly and is a genuinely humorous, good natured, conversational fellow. Cheers to you Struds.

Old
08-07-2012, 10:55 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Jason Strudwick is a beauty, one funny mother****er. Should be THE co host with either Nielsen in the morning or Gregor in the afternoon. He plays off people so effortlessly and is a genuinely humorous, good natured, conversational fellow. Cheers to you Struds.
Strudwick had a really good show today, unfortunately Will Fraser was bad enough to completely counterbalance it.

I'm just going to stop tuning in until Nielson comes back from vacation.

Old
08-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Hockey analysts on basic cable channels like TSN and RSN are obviously going to dumb their points down to appeal to the simpler, more casual hockey audience.

Old
08-07-2012, 01:57 PM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
What?

He is probably the best analyst in hockey.
He's a solid analyst, but he always seems angry and pissed off, like everyone is bothering him. Not sure why he's always in such a bad mood.

Old
08-07-2012, 02:00 PM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
Strudwick had a really good show today, unfortunately Will Fraser was bad enough to completely counterbalance it.

A lot of people have a real hate on for Wil, I don't mind him. Dusty is OK, he can be annoying though, I hate when he says the exact thing twice, he doesn't it at least 5 times a show. But for the most part, they do a pretty good show. Better than the last guys for sure.

Old
08-07-2012, 02:01 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
He's a solid analyst, but he always seems angry and pissed off, like everyone is bothering him. Not sure why he's always in such a bad mood.
Now that McGuire is gone he's better as is McKenzie, Dreger, Cuthbert, Duthie, Miller, Button etc...

Old
08-07-2012, 06:48 PM
puckfan13

Quote:

Oh god, Will Fraser made the show unbearable today. What is he blabbering on about half the time, he always goes on about some made up points that nobody cares about or wants to hear.

Old
08-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Kyle McMahon

Yeah, hearing Strudwick and Fraser discuss the painting of Strudwick's fence was really riveting radio this morning. Canada gets monumentaly screwed in a soccer game that would have been our defining moment of the Olympics, and it gets about five minutes of mention. Because we need to talk about a fence. I don't normally gripe about 1260 (at least not nearly as much as many people in here) but that was pitiful.

Old
08-08-2012, 01:29 AM
abootzky

Wil's opinions can be pretty whacked out as can his choice of subjects. To me, this makes him better-suited for the co-host chair than the lead host's. At least he does show prep. At least he reads the weather sometimes. At least he's using his employment at the TEAM as something other than an excuse to weasel his way into the pressbox during Oiler games. At least he's willing to step up and be the lead host when called upon- for better or worse. [In case you haven't figured it out, I'm comparing Fraser to his brutal predecessor.]

It's summer, the Oilers org. is on vaycay and there's 4 hours to fill every day (in someone else's role). Cut the guy some slack.

Old
08-08-2012, 01:47 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I'm surprised you guys bother listening to Oilers radio.

That **** is such a joke

Old
08-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Auguste Escoffier

Quote:
Originally Posted by abootzky View Post
Wil's opinions can be pretty whacked out as can his choice of subjects. To me, this makes him better-suited for the co-host chair than the lead host's. At least he does show prep. At least he reads the weather sometimes. At least he's using his employment at the TEAM as something other than an excuse to weasel his way into the pressbox during Oiler games. At least he's willing to step up and be the lead host when called upon- for better or worse. [In case you haven't figured it out, I'm comparing Fraser to his brutal predecessor.]

It's summer, the Oilers org. is on vaycay and there's 4 hours to fill every day (in someone else's role). Cut the guy some slack.
- Will Fraser

Old
08-08-2012, 08:45 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
Yeah, hearing Strudwick and Fraser discuss the painting of Strudwick's fence was really riveting radio this morning. Canada gets monumentaly screwed in a soccer game that would have been our defining moment of the Olympics, and it gets about five minutes of mention. Because we need to talk about a fence. I don't normally gripe about 1260 (at least not nearly as much as many people in here) but that was pitiful.
I guess people care more about fence painting than Soccer in this city. Wouldn't shock me.

Old
08-08-2012, 08:48 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
I lasted until the golf segment this morning when Millard decided to go off on a wild tangent on how professional golfers are no better than weekend duffers when they are put under heavy pressure. If I was the expert they had on the line I would have just hung up.

Old
08-08-2012, 08:58 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
I lasted until the golf segment this morning when Millard decided to go off on a wild tangent on how professional golfers are no better than weekend duffers when they are put under heavy pressure. If I was the expert they had on the line I would have just hung up.

Old
08-08-2012, 09:59 AM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auguste Escoffier View Post
- Will Fraser
This might have been a little more effective if you'd spelled Fraser's first name correctly. Nice try though.

Old
08-08-2012, 10:56 AM
OilerFan4Life

Jake Daniels and Kyle Chase > Fraser.

I said it.

Closed Thread