HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's going on? Part 3

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2012, 05:18 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 344
Nielson's response to same question.

Dustin Nielson ‏@nielson1260

@JasonGregor probably because you can't get concussed while eating

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor

@nielson1260 Please...you've likely passed out from a donair binge, and smacked your head on corner of the table on way down!!

Dustin Nielson ‏@nielson1260

@JasonGregor was never concussed though !

Old
06-02-2012, 05:05 PM
sportslover
Rookie User

vCash: 500
a bit off topic but...

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I used to listen to a guy named MERF..... from team 1260 sports. He has not been on the air for a while and loved listening to his fantasy football spin on sunday mornings . Does anyone know if he is still in edmonton?..... and if he is?...does anyone know how i can get ahold of him?

Old
06-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Regarding the Strudwick stuff, I actually really enjoy listening to him. He has a really good voice and demeanor for the radio I think.

Old
06-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Regarding the Strudwick stuff, I actually really enjoy listening to him. He has a really good voice and demeanor for the radio I think.
+1. Hopefully he is going to be a regular fixture.

When Hack Michaels and Bob get canned, it would be nice to see Struds doing the colour for the Oiler games.

Or if he would rather stay in town, his own show on the Team would be a welcome addition.

Or even if he just continues to do guest spots or the sidekick thing.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:49 PM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
+1. Hopefully he is going to be a regular fixture.

When Hack Michaels and Bob get canned, it would be nice to see Struds doing the colour for the Oiler games.

Or if he would rather stay in town, his own show on the Team would be a welcome addition.

Or even if he just continues to do guest spots or the sidekick thing.
Strudwick got an easy-going demeanour that is hard not to like, and that fact that he played in the NHL for as long as he did means he has a strong mix of intellect and experience to draw from to explain how the NHL works and WHY it works that way...he's been a regular contributor the last few weeks and it has made The Team 1260 SIGNFICANTLY better, esp. Neilson's Inside Hockey segment.

Old
06-03-2012, 07:40 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportslover View Post
I was wondering if anyone can help me. I used to listen to a guy named MERF..... from team 1260 sports. He has not been on the air for a while and loved listening to his fantasy football spin on sunday mornings . Does anyone know if he is still in edmonton?..... and if he is?...does anyone know how i can get ahold of him?
Murph called in to one of the shows (Gregor?) a few weeks ago when the NFL came up. An e-mail to TEAM brand director Rob Vavrek (rvavrek@bear.fm) might get them to bring back Murph's Sunday football show- if he's still interested in doing it. Vavrek is pretty responsive to suggestions.

Old
06-04-2012, 10:34 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
Strudwick got an easy-going demeanour that is hard not to like, and that fact that he played in the NHL for as long as he did means he has a strong mix of intellect and experience to draw from to explain how the NHL works and WHY it works that way...he's been a regular contributor the last few weeks and it has made The Team 1260 SIGNFICANTLY better, esp. Neilson's Inside Hockey segment.
What's nice is you get to hear what a player who just retired actually thinks about situations. Not listen to gregor, brownlee, rishaug, spector etc.. all pretend they know how players feel about everything.

Anyone catch how much that Hall stick went for on Friday? Really nice gesture by Hall in just bringing in that stick and telling Gregor to make some money for one of his charity things.

Old
06-04-2012, 11:32 AM
JessikaLovejoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
what's nice is you get to hear what a player who just retired actually thinks about situations. Not listen to gregor, brownlee, rishaug, spector etc.. All pretend they know how players feel about everything.

anyone catch how much that hall stick went for on friday? really nice gesture by hall in just bringing in that stick and telling gregor to make some money for one of his charity things.
$3000!

Old
06-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessikaLovejoy View Post
$3000!
Nice. Good on Hall AND Gregor.

Whether you like or dislike Jason Gregor, he sure does an A+ job of raising money for charities around these parts.

Old
06-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
I agree the times I have listened I really like his contribution.

Old
06-07-2012, 03:29 PM
IBleedOil247

Just a heads up....that complete hack, Jungle Jim, is filling in for Spec.
He has a guy on making a mockery of a chinese accent....great sports radio!!!!

Old
06-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedOil247 View Post
Just a heads up....that complete hack, Jungle Jim, is filling in for Spec.
He has a guy on making a mockery of a chinese accent....great sports radio!!!!
I don't get why they let this fool fill in. Honestly get Struds to fill in or even Brownlee.

Old
06-07-2012, 04:16 PM
MLew10

I listened to like the last 5 minutes of Jungle Jim there.

He goes "so in case you didn't know the Devils beat the Kings 3-1 last night. I didn't watch a single second of it"

Woww...it's a good thing we have this guy hosting sports radio shows

Old
06-07-2012, 04:42 PM
pox

Send a message via MSN to pox
Struds is great.

Jungle Jim is garbage, I cant wait till Mark is back

Old
06-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLew10 View Post

He goes "so in case you didn't know the Devils beat the Kings 3-1 last night. I didn't watch a single second of it"

I've listen to his show in the past (not all of it, just some) and I get what he's trying to do. He's a guy that focuses on the amateur athletes, the Olympians, but his lack of skill for being ON Radio generally makes his show unlistenable. It just becomes long chunks of conversation that's hard maintain attention to. He pays for his time, so whatever, but I would think they will not use him to fill-in again.

Old
06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
abootzky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLew10 View Post

Horrors! Imagine someone not watching the final stages of possibly the most tedious SCF of all time.

Jungle Jim on the radio isn't for everyone (me included) but an hour of local airtime dedicated to something other than the interminable hockey playoffs or Mr. Excitement (S. Tambellini) won't kill you people. Shut it off and wait for Gregor & Brownlee.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Philly85
Moody'

awesome to hear Strudwick on the air more and more, this guy's a beauty. Didn't realize he's doing morning shows now with Nielsen and Fraze.

Old
06-25-2012, 09:53 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
awesome to hear Strudwick on the air more and more, this guy's a beauty. Didn't realize he's doing morning shows now with Nielsen and Fraze.
Agreed. Really like the job Nielson is doing too.

Man the morning show is sooooooooooooooo much better than it was in the Bryn and Jake days.

Old
06-25-2012, 10:12 AM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

Quality show this morning onmy commute.

Strudwick is a fantastic radio presence and he and neilson were hitting the mark this morning.

Old
06-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
I was just coming here to find this thread and post it. Completely agree, Struddles is awesome. I think he may have found his calling in sports radio and lets hope that if he re-joins the Oilers org it's to replace Jack or Bob.

Old
06-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Beerfish

The thing about Strudwick is he is a former pro but doesn't act like he knows all just because he played the game. Some ex players are so bloody pretentious in this fashion (Kypreos) it's nauseating. The shows, both morning and after noon are greatly improved.

Old
06-25-2012, 10:25 AM
WaitingForUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I was just coming here to find this thread and post it. Completely agree, Struddles is awesome. I think he may have found his calling in sports radio and lets hope that if he re-joins the Oilers org it's to replace Jack or Bob.
Jack please for the love of FSM Jack. If I have to hear the words "shot and a goal" or "taps it home' for the next decade I might just lose it

I can only imagine what his cup winning goal would sound like.

Old
06-25-2012, 10:50 AM
0ilerman
The King

struds has made appearances on all the shows recently, and he's hilarious. PLays off of Gregor and Neilson so well.

Old
06-25-2012, 10:51 AM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Jim Jerome was really irritating at first but I didn't mind him as much last week covering for Spec. He's actually kind of funny in a dumb way....but please no more of him....

Struds is awesome

Old
06-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomehomeSmytty View Post
Jack please for the love of FSM Jack. If I have to hear the words "shot and a goal" or "taps it home' for the next decade I might just lose it

I can only imagine what his cup winning goal would sound like.
He'll likely be going on some stupid tangent about his past, the goal will long since have been scored but he'll kindly finish his story and say: there we have it the Oilers score to wrap up this series and win the Stanley cup for the first time in x amount of years. See you next year fans.

Man I cringe when this joker will get to do playoff games. Let alone a cup final game.

Closed Thread