HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some ?'s answered this morning

Old
04-05-2012, 03:58 PM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
Newsflash: a lot of NHL top liners miss open nets, hit posts, break sticks, whiff, etc. Not everybody can be Steven Stamkos or Evgeni Malkin...though they sometimes do that as well.
How come i did not get the breaking news alert sound with your newsflash post???
I am well aware other players miss the net. Everything is going to be ok. Life goes on even though people point out glaring mistakes in your beloved Preds players.
Sorry if this gets your fingers hot but was it not earlier in the same week we got shut out and are top liners completely missed the net multiple times?

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Sorry if this gets your fingers hot but was it not earlier in the same week we got shut out and are top liners completely missed the net multiple times?
It doesn't...

And yeah, those games are frustrating to watch...but I've watched enough hockey to see other teams have the same sort of bad luck. Sometimes the bounces don't go your way. Rads, in his short time back, has already had a number of close calls that didn't go. The same is true for a lot of talented players if you watch them enough. I can't tell you how many times I've watched Ovie "just miss" the net. Sure, it happens fewer times with the very best players...but it happens.

I really don't mind if someone points out glaring mistakes a player had in a game. What I don't understand is how those games get highlighted over the consistent play they've had throughout the season.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:03 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
It doesn't...

And yeah, those games are frustrating to watch...but I've watched enough hockey to see other teams have the same sort of bad luck. Sometimes the bounces don't go your way. Rads, in his short time back, has already had a number of close calls that didn't go. The same is true for a lot of talented players if you watch them enough. I can't tell you how many times I've watched Ovie "just miss" the net. Sure, it happens fewer times with the very best players...but it happens.

I really don't mind if someone points out glaring mistakes a player had in a game. What I don't understand is how those games get highlighted over the consistent play they've had throughout the season.
Yeah, I am well aware they do but i really wasnt talking about other teams or players. I try not to compare the Preds to other teams and players because they have nothing to do with what they do or don't do. With the style of hockey the Predators play they often times have lower shots on goal than the other team because it seems like they want to set up the perfect shot or shot from a D man. You have to bury the chances when you get them playing that way.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Neal Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Yeah, I am well aware they do but i really wasnt talking about other teams or players. I try not to compare the Preds to other teams and players because they have nothing to do with what they do or don't do. With the style of hockey the Predators play they often times have lower shots on goal than the other team because it seems like they want to set up the perfect shot or shot from a D man. You have to bury the chances when you get them playing that way.
I remember reading on the main board about how we had the highest team shooting percentage in the league...

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:48 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
I remember reading on the main board about how we had the highest team shooting percentage in the league...
Yeah because of the power play goals if it is currently true.

Old
04-06-2012, 07:12 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
It doesn't...

Because once people get it in their head that so and so made a bad play, that gets ingrained and when they make another mistake it goes into the memory bank while all the good things that player does never gets brought into the equation. People are quick to remember Erat's mistakes against Chicago but me personally I remember all the hustle the guy shows on the ice every shift of every game. Different perspectives I guess. I remember Legwand playing on a torn ACL one season and going into the playoffs hurt but trying to help his team win. People look and say he never developed into this amazing scorer like he was in Juniors. I could go on and on but you get the point I know.

I used to hate Trotz with a passion but he's done a great job over the years. He has the guys playing as a team and if these guys can stay focused and play a north south sort of game, we are going to be awfully tough to beat starting next week.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote