HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Finland

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2012, 02:38 PM
ThinMcWhistle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heksagon View Post
Looks like Vatanen injured his knee... Likely we won't be seeing him in the WC this year either.
Not again! What the hell!!

Old
03-28-2012, 02:40 PM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Isn't he out for the season as well?
Yeah, I didn't know that. Seems to be the case..

ARGH!

Old
03-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Brun0

Team Finland

T.Ruutu- M.Koivu- Filppula
J.Jokinen- O.Jokinen- Granlund
Hagman- S.Koivu- Selanne
Petrell- Nokelainen- Komarov
Hartikainen- Immonen- Miettinen

Pitkänen- Vatanen
Lydman- Niskala
Salmela- Väänänen
Mäenpää- Hietanen

Lehtonen
Rynnäs
Hovinen

Old
03-28-2012, 02:58 PM
ThinMcWhistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brun0 View Post
Team Finland

T.Ruutu- M.Koivu- Filppula
J.Jokinen- O.Jokinen- Granlund
Hagman- S.Koivu- Selanne
Petrell- Nokelainen- Komarov
Hartikainen- Immonen- Miettinen

Pitkänen- Vatanen
Lydman- Niskala
Salmela- Väänänen
Mäenpää- Hietanen

Lehtonen
Rynnäs
Hovinen
Don't tell me Vehanen is injured as well!

Old
03-28-2012, 03:22 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
Don't tell me Vehanen is injured as well!
Because Brun0 didn't place him on his lineup? Not that I'm aware.

Also, Rynnäs, heh. The guy gets half a NHL game due to a lucky break and he's suddenly a WHC candidate? Could name at least five more prominent goalies likely to be available from the top of my head. Plus, what is OJ doing there?

Not to mention 23 skaters in lineup with five full lines... I know we're the reigning champions and home team, but I don't think that gives us an exempt to the rules.

Last edited by FiLe: 03-28-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old
03-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Mestaruus

@Bruno

It's more likely we see Filppula, Timonen, Bergenheim, Rinne or Salo in this year's theme than O.Jokinen as he has said he's stopped playing in the NT, so why not add those players in your lineup as well then . Oh you do have Filppula in there , but who cares about fantasy lineups now.

Old
03-28-2012, 03:33 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Looks like Vatanen injured his knee... Likely we won't be seeing him in the WC this year either.
We don't know that yet, it's not like he tore his ACL or something. There's still plenty of time until the WC so we'll see what happens.

Old
03-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Latex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
What about bringing in Hakanpää on d?
Oh... How about no? He can barely keep up with SM-Liiga pace. Besides, he's injured.

Old
03-28-2012, 03:45 PM
ChadS

Filppula and Rinne are likely to face each other in the first round of NHL playoffs so one of the two might be available.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Fat Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Filppula and Rinne are likely to face each other in the first round of NHL playoffs so one of the two might be available.
Thumbs up for Predators, we have enough super-goalies, so Rinne wouldn't make any difference. Filppula would be a great asset and I think he is something that J. Jalonen really likes.

Plus... Valle has already won the Cup. Rinne has done so much for his team, he deserves the Cup.

---

Vatanen was injured in tonight's game, something with his knee. I hope he gets himself together before the WC.

I think Söderholm should be in the team. He would have so much more to give than Jaakola or Kukkonen (for an example).

Old
03-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Brun0

Quote:
This. I think Preds will sweep wings. Radulov back etc.

Well Selanne, Koivu hoping for their last nt tournament, The chance of grabbing gold with a very good team. Also hoping their presence would change the mind of Olli and he would come too, It'd be nice to see him win something, he has been so close. He isn't getting younger and its real chance to win something, there's no doubt how good he has been this season.

Selanne- Koivu- Hagman got the dukcs chemistry

Ruutu- Koivu- Fil from Olympics

Jokinen- Jokinen- Granlund would be intresting, not really sure about this one, but granlund could feed olli, and jussi having an other stellar season.

4th line would be a stong energyline.

Pitkänen is our best D, hope he would be cool, drop his ego and come... Him and vatanen money on PP

Lydman solid two-way play with Niskala, good puck moving

Salmela still strong with the puck and can be physical too, with good own end play by Väänänen

Lehtone a heck of a season

Rynnäs, good experience for him why not, solid season doubt kipper will come, vehanen not that good of a season

Hovinen

This team would be a killer.

Old
03-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Brun0

Come on now, we have better, none of Kukkonen, Söderholm, Jaakola should be there

Söderholm WC: 19 0 1 1 0.05 10 |

Last edited by Brun0: 03-28-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old
03-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Fat Doctor

Quote:
Come on now, we have better, none of Kukkonen, Söderholm, Jaakola should be there

But right now Söderholm is better than he has ever been. At least a shot in the practise tournament would be nice.

Old
03-28-2012, 05:11 PM
YARR123

Quote:

Söderholm is obviously having a career year, previous stats shouldn't be looked into very much. He might be an option if we don't get much help from the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatDoctor
I think Söderholm should be in the team. He would have so much more to give than Jaakola or Kukkonen (for an example).
Jaakola and Kukkonen play a completely different game than Söderholm and were etremely solid last year. On the PK Jaakola and Kukkonen are money in the bank. Not sure if Söderholm would give much a boost to our defense offensively as there are quite a few good pmd's already.

Old
03-28-2012, 05:12 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Doctor View Post
But right now Söderholm is better than he has ever been. At least a shot in the practise tournament would be nice.
Yes he definately deserves a spot on the EHT tournament to see where he's at against tougher opposition.

Old
03-28-2012, 05:37 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
We really have better than the system that captured us that long-coveted 2nd WHC gold last spring?

Even if we do, Jalonen has said it outright that they don't intend to change much what worked last year. On defense, that means running with four full pairs with two of them offensive (for PP) and two defensive-minded (for PK).

I'm by no means a huge fan of these guys, but what comes to stay-at-home D, we don't really have much better available currently than Kukkonen and Jaakola. Those who are, like Väänänen, are likely to be there anyway. In the NHL the only guy with this mindset who blasts these two out of the water is Lydman.

In your fantasy lineup the bottom-pair is Mäenpää-Hietanen. They're both smallish d-men with heavy offensive flair who would be catastrophic picks for this kind of game. Now that Nummelin is officially out of the contention and Vatanen might be sidelined it's suddenly more plausible that we end up seeing one or even both there, but they're definitely not guys who compete for same roles as Kukkonen, Jaakola, Väänänen and who else we have of the type.

And what comes to the goalies, there's just no chance whatsoever Rynnäs will be there as long as Vehanen is healthy, Rämö is healthy, and the projections show at least two, if not three NHL netminders available after the first round at the latest.

Last edited by FiLe: 03-28-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old
03-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Needles

I would really like to see Salomäki in the team.

Old
03-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Fat Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
I would really like to see Salomäki in the team.
There are so much better players for his possible role: Lennart Petrell, Mika Pyörälä, Petteri Nokelainen, Leo Komarov, Jesse Joensuu, Riku Hahl... dont you think?

Maybe in 2-3 years.

Old
03-28-2012, 09:09 PM
Needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Doctor View Post
There are so much better players for his possible role: Lennart Petrell, Mika Pyörälä, Petteri Nokelainen, Leo Komarov, Jesse Joensuu, Riku Hahl... dont you think?
Possibly, but I still want Salomäki to be in the team. The team could use 2-3 youngsters to bring some energy and enthusiasm.

Old
03-29-2012, 02:57 AM
edd1e

Quote:
Lets not jump to conclutions.

Old
03-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Mestaruus

Wings vs Predators. That would be a deadly first round playoff match. If i'd have to choose between Filppula and Rinne, I'd have to take Rinne. Maybe 2 of the best Finnish players atm and add Teemu there and that's 3 best Finnish players.

Old
03-29-2012, 07:57 AM
YARR123

With the way the Wings have played lately I wouldn't be surprised if they fell in the first round.

I'd take Filppula if I had a choice. He's one of the best Finnish players in the world right now, and we don't have that many high end forwards joining the team anyway. Rinne is really really good but tbh he's not that much better than Vehanen that I'd rather take him over Filppula.

Old
03-29-2012, 09:28 AM
goodoldhockeygame

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/arkisto/jyp/j...si-sivuun.html

Old
03-29-2012, 11:01 AM
ChadS

So Granlund joins the team on Monday... That's just stupid. Everyone can see that he's completely out of gas, but they want to bring him in immediately to play Switzerland with a team from which max. 1-2 will make the eventual WC roster?

http://www.leijonat.fi/index.php/maa...histoeoen.html

Old
03-29-2012, 11:31 AM
YARR123

Quote:
So Granlund joins the team on Monday... That's just stupid. Everyone can see that he's completely out of gas, but they want to bring him in immediately to play Switzerland with a team from which max. 1-2 will make the eventual WC roster?

http://www.leijonat.fi/index.php/maa...histoeoen.html
Jesus, if he can't handle this he can't handle 82 games + playoffs. He just came back from a month long break, he can't be gassed. It's good to start building back his confidence soon rather than later.

Closed Thread