HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ORR - Have people forgotten?

Old
04-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Leafsman

vCash: 500
ORR - Have people forgotten?

I am sorry to add 2 threads in one day but have noticed a very disturbing and troubling trend lately.

It is no secret that Burke has had a few very smelly signings that plague the cap to this day.

I am starting to see the signing of Colton Orr as a criticism for Burke and a point used by those anti-Burke campaigners. Even in articles the point has been made.

For what Orr was paid he fulfilled his duties game in and game out. He was a soldier out there every time he played. He was never the best player on the ice but he was always one of the best people on the ice.

He did exactly what we wanted him to here in Toronto and I think it is selfish and disrespectful to use him because your upset with Burke or the team.

There are enough contracts and thinsg to criticize Burke for without dishonouring a great guy and a great Leaf!

Leafsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
Bring orr back!!,

Leaf Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Sypher04

no thanks. Leave him in the AHL.

Sypher04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Hawaiinleaf

Who does not think Orr pounding on Lucic and Carkner after they had been abusing the Leafs in the past was not worth the price???

Had Orr not been in the line up the leafs would have been abused like they were all year this year it was shameful.

We turtled time and time again this year....Does Komi really need to fight Lucic because no one else will look up from there skates???

Pathetic..

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:30 AM
vflawiess

Guys guys there's a reason why when Orr was on the roster we were a playoff team and when Orr was sent down the freefall started. It's not always about goals, this guy was a leader in the locker room. I mean look at him, he's a fkin beast. Orr better be back next year...I'd rather have him then our big overpaid goon Colby Armstrong

vflawiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Hawaiinleaf

When Orr played we beat Boston....this year we lost 65-2 or something stupidly lopsided like that..

Also when Orr played we beat Ottawa, again this year not so much

We have a soft small forward group from top line cream puffs down to the bottom 4th line excluding Brown

You cannot have a team like that, or you get a record like we got this year...

Players become afraid to play in traffic and play a perimter game like. surprise WE DO...

Having grit makes players play beyond there own limitations because they know they have protection

simple as that

Old
04-04-2012, 11:39 AM
samwitch

What a warrior that guy is. I hope he finds his way back into the NHL as a part of this team because I'd hate for our players to have to go up against him...

samwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Leafsman

I hope he can be brought back next year.

Orr, Brown and Rosie give much needed bite to this team. I love the character they bring!

Old
04-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Tapcondition

Is this thread and all the replies in it some kind of time-delayed april fools joke?

Tapcondition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Sundinftw

I want him back..him, brown and rosehill 4th line = BEAST

Sundinftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsman View Post
There are enough contracts and things to criticize Burke for without dishonouring a great guy and a great Leaf!
Colton Orr makes $1 million dollars a year salary and he dressed and played in 5 NHL games for the Leafs this entire season.

That's $200k per game to play ATOI of 4:29 per game.

Now he is getting paid his $$ to not play in the NHL, while a Marlie replacement Rosehill fills his roster spot. NO NHL team claimed him when on waivers when they could have had him for free. Thus all 30 NHL teams saw no need for his limited skillset.

How is this not a bad signing?

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Leaf4Life

I enjoyed watching Orr make Carkner his b**ch

Leaf4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Leafsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Colton Orr makes $1 million dollars a year salary and he dressed and played in 5 NHL games for the Leafs this entire season.

That's $200k per game to play ATOI of 4:29 per game.

Now he is getting paid his $$ to not play in the NHL, while a Marlie replacement Rosehill fills his roster spot.

How is this not a bad signing?
The person who decided to not play Orr is now getting paid to watch hockey from his couch.

No matter what happened this year or even in the future! He played every game with as much heart as he possibly could. He did the dirty work noone else wanted to do and did it with a smile. He did his job and did it admirably!! I've never regreted or will regret that signing!!

Old
04-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Earth Rocker

Orr has heart, I'll take a team of guys with heart and soul over skilled floaters any day.

Remember the early 90's leafs....Baumgartner, Berg, Osborne, Zezel (rip), Gill, Ellett...Dougie, Wendel..I could go on...all had heart.

Quinn's teams had heart.. we lack that, and I say it was more Wilson's influence on the type guys we have now than Burkes.

Earth Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Volcanologist
Used Register

He can't play hockey. There's nothing to remember.

Volcanologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:57 AM
dubplatepressure

Why do people constantly let their mancrush emotions get the better of their decision making?

Geez

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Hockey Potential
HP Forums

I'd rather sign Parros, that guy is sick.

Hockey Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:00 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsman View Post
The person who decided to not play Orr is now getting paid to watch hockey from his couch.

No matter what happened this year or even in the future! He played every game with as much heart as he possibly could. He did the dirty work noone else wanted to do and did it with a smile. He did his job and did it admirably!! I've never regreted or will regret that signing!!
You mean every game of the whopping 5 grand total NHL games this season he played in.

If Burke runs out this summer and signs George Parros for $1 mil per and he dresses for only 5 NHL games next year for the Leafs will you be applauding that signing also?

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:07 PM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGHeR View Post
Guys guys there's a reason why when Orr was on the roster we were a playoff team and when Orr was sent down the freefall started.
LOL. There's something wrong with your premise: This season Orr played five games, the last of which was in December. He was sent down to the AHL at the start of January. From the start of January to Feb 6 the Leafs were 10-4-1.

dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Leafsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
You mean every game of the whopping 5 grand total NHL games this season he played in.

If Burke runs out this summer and signs George Parros for $1 mil per and he dresses for only 5 NHL games next year for the Leafs will you be applauding that signing also?
No but if he plays admirably in 133 games and performs well for what is expected of him I will!

So quick to forget the past? Not - what have you done? But what have you done for me lately?

Old
04-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Hawaiinleaf

The coach Wilson felt a softy cream puff speedy tiny team of collective zero heart was the way to go..

If your going to ice a soft team you need Orr end of story and were the softest team in the NHL nad the smallest line up of forwards as well

So exactly given our current great record why was it a good idea to not play Orr???

I suggest ice capades or ladies hockey for you fready cats..

Old
04-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Stephen

Orr is okay but not really that important to get worked up over.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Gatorade*

Horrible hockey player

Gatorade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:20 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Would love to have him back but I don't think he'll ever be the same.

I was really disappointed Burke sent him to the AHL. It's the wort possible place to put a guy like Orr. Every up and comer wants to make a name for themselves by fighting him. It's a very tough spot to put a guy both mentally and physically. And from what we've seen of the mental effects of an enforcer's career I really am worried about Orr on a personal level.

jmart21 is offline   Reply With Quote