HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

WTF Was With That Sabres Game-Tying Goal?

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2012, 11:00 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

vCash: 500
WTF Was With That Sabres Game-Tying Goal?

Look, I know we suck, and I know we're tanking and I know we're not supposed to pretend we are not going to get completely screwed over by the draft lottery wherever we end up in the standings, but that Sabres goal to make it 5-5 was the biggest joke since Fraser.

Look at where the ref's head was pointed when that puck went in (1:35-1:43)!! If he had no idea where the puck was how the hell did they let that play go on? Ans then those sportsnet clowns went on and on about what a gutsy call it was by the ref to let the play go on because they are so geered up to impress the NHL when HNIC's rights come up for negotiation. What a total joke.

Man that was brutal.

(Sorry if I am late to the party but I was out of town and just got to this now.)

at 2:07

rick the degenerate "Its a miracle the whistle didn't blow"
Ray: "It sure is"

Last edited by BillyD: 04-04-2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old
04-04-2012, 11:04 PM
PresidentCamacho*

You want a whistle because the puck was under Lombardi? Last I checked, he isn't the goalie.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:07 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentCamacho View Post
You want a whistle because the puck was under Lombardi? Last I checked, he isn't the goalie.
correct me if im wrong, when the ref cant see the puck he is supposed to whistle the play dead, its totally obvious he had no idea where the puck was by how slow he reacted when it went in

if i was battling buff for a playoff spot id be pissed

Old
04-04-2012, 11:08 PM
anderson3133

Quote:
It's supposed to be whistled down whenever the ref loses sight of the puck for an extended period of time. This isn't a new rule.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't see why this is drawing such ire of some people. The goalie never has full control of the puck. I don't agree that you blow the whistle if you lose sight of the puck. Screw over a team that has a scoring chance because you don't have a good angle or the puck is just lost under bodies or what not. I wish more refs would allow mad scrambles like this to continue on. They are so quick to blow the whistle most of the time.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:10 PM
PresidentCamacho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson3133 View Post
It's supposed to be whistled down whenever the ref loses sight of the puck for an extended period of time. This isn't a new rule.
How do you know he wasn't aware Lombardi was on top of the puck? Astral projection?

Old
04-04-2012, 11:11 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

Quote:
we are being treated by the officials like the perennial league doormats we've become

Old
04-04-2012, 11:11 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
correct me if im wrong, when the ref cant see the puck he is supposed to whistle the play dead, its totally obvious he had no idea where the puck was by how slow he reacted when it went in

if i was battling buff for a playoff spot id be pissed
usually when a player is on top of the puck they try and give him 5-10 seconds to get up off it before blowing it dead and since Scrivens was in his butterfly without his Block and glove on the ice showed he didn't have the puck so it should not have been blown dead imo.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:13 PM
anderson3133

Quote:
How do you know he wasn't aware Lombardi was on top of the puck? Astral projection?
You can be aware all you want but if the puck is out of your sight it should be blown down. Either way, I couldn't care less because it has zero negative affect on us.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:15 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
usually when a player is on top of the puck they try and give him 5-10 seconds to get up off it before blowing it dead and since Scrivens was in his butterfly without his Block and glove on the ice showed he didn't have the puck so it should not have been blown dead imo.
ok go watch 1:35 to 1:43, that ref didnt have the slightest clue where the puck was he just decided oh well its the ****ing leafs who gives a ****

Old
04-04-2012, 11:16 PM
PresidentCamacho*

Quote:
You can be aware all you want but if the puck is out of your sight it should be blown down. Either way, I couldn't care less because it has zero negative affect on us.
So if we ever need a whistle, our defenceman should just hide the puck where the ref can't see it?

You don't understand the rule. It's meant for goalies, not position players.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:17 PM
anderson3133

You can tell the ref couldn't see it because it took him a couple seconds to find it in the back of the net. That certainly says something about how visible the puck was.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:18 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

Quote:
So if we ever need a whistle, our defenceman should just hide the puck where the ref can't see it?

then its delay of game or if its in the crease its penalty shot

this aint pinball kids

Old
04-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Quote:

Lol no that's not what he's saying, that would be a penalty for delay of game....

Old
04-04-2012, 11:20 PM
anderson3133

Quote:

And the play was in front of the net where Scrivens could have had it.

Again, I actually don't care because it benefited us that day.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:22 PM
PresidentCamacho*

Quote:
You can tell the ref couldn't see it because it took him a couple seconds to find it in the back of the net. That certainly says something about how visible the puck was.
He knew it was under Lombardi. You guys need to get over it.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Eb
TML

Quote:
He knew it was under Lombardi. You guys need to get over it.
Like anderson said, I don't care, because I wanted us to lose.

But he didn't know where it was, because when the puck was in the net, the ref was still looking into the pile of players. Watch the tape there buddy.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:26 PM
PresidentCamacho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Like anderson said, I don't care, because I wanted us to lose.

But he didn't know where it was, because when the puck was in the net, the ref was still looking into the pile of players. Watch the tape there buddy.
I did look at it. He was looking at Lombardi. Not Scrivens. Lombardi. He knew the puck was there. You're watching it on TV. He is on the ice. You don't know his line of sight. Unless your an astral projectionist.

So yeah. It was a good goal, and the Leafs lost thanks to Dion. Let's hope he keeps that up. Next.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Eb
TML

Quote:
I did look at it. He was looking at Lombardi. Not Scrivens. Lombardi. He knew the puck was there. You're watching it on TV. He is on the ice. You don't know his line of sight. Unless your an astral projectionist.

So yeah. It was a good goal, and the Leafs lost thanks to Dion. Next.

This picture doesn't even do it credit. He didn't see the puck was in the net until 1-2 seconds after it went in the net.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:28 PM
PresidentCamacho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
I know you think you have a case, but you don't. The ref knows where it was, in fact, he had the right idea all along.

Sorry.

Old
04-04-2012, 11:29 PM
LeeIs
M a t s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
Look, I know we suck, and I know we're tanking and I know we're not supposed to pretend we are not going to get completely screwed over by the draft lottery wherever we end up in the standings, but that Sabres goal to make it 5-5 was the biggest joke since Fraser.

Look at where the ref's head was pointed when that puck went in (1:35-1:43)!! If he had no idea where the puck was how the hell did they let that play go on? Ans then those sportsnet clowns went on and on about what a gutsy call it was by the ref to let the play go on because they are so geered up to impress the NHL when HNIC's rights come up for negotiation. What a total joke.

Man that was brutal.

(Sorry if I am late to the party but I was out of town and just got to this now.)

at 2:07

rick the degenerate "Its a miracle the whistle didn't blow"
Ray: "It sure is"

You are indeed late to the party. It's been discussed to death in the PGT.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1153395

Closed Thread