HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tonight: Habs vs. Leafs! (AHL)

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2004, 08:05 PM
markov`

vCash: 500
Kostitsyn is way better than what I thought. Maybe it's because he's playing a real good game, but I don't see why sp many people are concern about his defensive game. He's play really well in his own zone tonight. Lacks of quickness ? Hum... who's quicker than Kost tonight, tell me ?

Old
11-26-2004, 08:07 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by komisakick ass
Ya tu d'autre chose que tu veux chialer? Vas-y té bien partie

Tu peux pas dire que Kost mérite le temps de glace qu'il a, il ne peux rien mériter car il a même pas eu le temps de montrer ce qu'il savait faire, le gars est habitué de jouer 20min par game pi la y'en joue 5, laisses-y le temps merde.

ps:si quelqu'un peut traduire ca pour qu'il puisse me lire j'apprécirais.
Yes... Ott sucks as well as our D core.

Hope Komisarek and Coté come back soon.

Old
11-26-2004, 08:11 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
Kostitsyn is way better than what I thought. Maybe it's because he's playing a real good game, but I don't see why sp many people are concern about his defensive game. He's play really well in his own zone tonight. Lacks of quickness ? Hum... who's quicker than Kost tonight, tell me ?
Nobody !!

I can tell you that Lambert and Kost is a dynamic duo !!!

I love wathing them play together.

He just need icetime.I hope He will get some soon !

Old
11-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Taupy

I like Ott, he brings a Begin"s side in the game.

Old
11-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Taupy

Why don't they put Locke with Kost?

Old
11-26-2004, 08:14 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy
Why don't they put Locke with Kost?
Don't know.

I really want to see an line Kost-Locke-Lambert.

Old
11-26-2004, 08:16 PM
JF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Yes... Ott sucks as well as our D core.

Hope Komisarek and Coté come back soon.
I doubt that Komisarek and Coté's return will make you say anything positive about the team...
You know, no one is forcing you to watch this team play. If this team is making you so unhappy, you should just choose to root for some other team.

Old
11-26-2004, 08:16 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

From my point of view...

Bright spots: Higgins, Lambert, Kostitsyn (you can see the improvement)

Disapointements: Hainsey (who else?), Ward (not exactly dominating the play as much as I thought he would)

Plekanec is playing an OK game, but not as spectacular as he usually is. I must say that and Higgins are pretty good together on the PK though. Too bad he missed the chance on the 2-on-0.

Old
11-26-2004, 08:23 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
Kost will adjust... Could take a whole season but the skills are definitively there...

At the moment he is'nt involved in the play enough and his quickness is'nt good enough to play in the NHL right now... Guys like Higgins and Pleks are way quicker than him at the moment... Im not really concerned about that since Kost is only 19 years old, our younger kid.

The puck does'nt seem to follow Higgins' stick... I like Higgins very much but will have to control the puck better...

Hainsey played a better second period but still not enough in hope to be an effective defenseman in the NHL one day..

Pleks did'nt play a great game so far, he did well but nothing great...

Lambert seems to adjust well but still remains a project..

Milroy did ok but I wish more from him...

Ward has been ok, nothing more to say about him.

Daley plays a good game to me, our best defenseman again tonight.

Old
11-26-2004, 08:24 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
From my point of view...

Disapointements: Hainsey (who else?)

This guy gave me headaches in the first two periods.I don't know why He's struggling like that maybe He desire to play at the NHL level but there's no NHL !! I didn't see the motivation and the desire of play in him.

He wasn't even able to get passes from others , He was lose and He was making too much errors defensively.

Old
11-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Taupy

Steve Ott looks like a Western's sheriff.

Kost is having PK time

Old
11-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Rahan

Hum.. is Plante awful tonight or what??

Old
11-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Taupy

Damn.

Old
11-26-2004, 08:54 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy
Steve Ott looks like a Western's sheriff.

Kost is having PK time
Ott isnt impressive at all.. I prefer Milroy to him!

Cant believe he played for the Stars last season.

Edit: Danis is very solid technically, got beaten on almost every good scoring chances he faced but I dont blame him for any goals except the first one.

Old
11-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Kostitsyn PK time? ALL RIGHT!! Did he really get that much better that fast???

Old
11-26-2004, 09:05 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
I'm watched the game

Guy who impressed me :

Lambert, seem to play with an edge that I never saw from him. And I played against him in the past. Wicked shot as usual since Novice.

Daley, man does this guy fly.

Higgins. Skate very well, very strong on the puck. Play the position perfectly. Good forechecker.

Guy who didnt impress me :

Hainsey. No really, It's not the first time I said that but ... Big, Good Skater, Good toolset. He just have no hearth, and very limited decision making ability.

Ott. Though highly of this guy before. But what he is doing ? He's not grinding. Make bad decision after bad decision. He's a though guy who play soft.

Neutral opinion.

Kost played very little. At some point I was wondering if he was in the lineup. Played more in the 3rd. See nothing wrong with his defensive game. I would even say he looks too much to play defensive. Jarvis is making him coming along well.

Ward is is usual self. Good warrior, good shot but he has the turning radius of a boeing 747.

Old
11-26-2004, 09:06 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I feel this team has a serious puck control problem as a whole. They are sluggish, a step behind, hesitant and take bad decisions. Even Plekanec who's usually Mr hustle was completely invisible tonight. They are in a world of pain right now and being as young as they are, they will need to catch a break soon or else they'll never get it going again.

The one player I'm disapointed with is Morgan. I really felt this guy was going to provide leadership as well as a stabilizing presence for the dogs, but the more I see him play, the more I think he's barely a decent 3rd liner at the AHL level.

Higgins hustles so hard, it hurts to see him struggle like that.

I don't think you can blame one guy for a game like that, this team's confidence is completely shattered. They've hit rock bottom.

Old
11-26-2004, 09:09 PM
johnnyboo

[QUOTE=NewHabsArea]Kost will adjust... Could take a whole season but the skills are definitively there...

At the moment he is'nt involved in the play enough and his quickness is'nt good enough to play in the NHL right now... Guys like Higgins and Pleks are way quicker than him at the moment... Im not really concerned about that since Kost is only 19 years old, our younger kid.

I don't think its his lack of quickness as much as his hesitancy and lack of confidence. But tonight more then any other night you could see that hes starting to feel more comfortable and is starting to adapt slowly to the north american game. Kudos for Jarvis for giving him more ice time!!

Old
11-26-2004, 09:12 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
I don't think you can blame one guy for a game like that, this team's confidence is completely shattered. They've hit rock bottom.
I agree. They need to get something done.

They badly need a guy like Komisarek who gonna make everyone a little more confident out there.

Old
11-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Cosanostra

[QUOTE=ciggyboy]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Kost will adjust... Could take a whole season but the skills are definitively there...

I don't think its his lack of quickness as much as his hesitancy and lack of confidence. But tonight more then any other night you could see that hes starting to feel more comfortable and is starting to adapt slowly to the north american game. Kudos for Jarvis for giving him more ice time!!

Excellent point, his confidence level seems to be pretty low. I saw him play at the rookie camp and he held on to the puck way more. Seemed to not want that puck early in tonight's game but felt more comfortable when he got more ice time. Looked like he was less scared to make mistakes. I too would love to see him with Locke.

Old
11-26-2004, 09:24 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
Prediction:
St. John's wins.

Old
11-26-2004, 09:24 PM
NewGuy

Now I remember what I don't miss about hockey ... the refereeing. Near the end of the game it was terrible. Really from the phantom holding call on Hainsey until the buzzer that ref did a terrible job.

Aside from that, Hamilton's defence is not good at all, maybe even terrible. The always end up running around in the defensive zone and they cannot get a counterattack started. Always off the glass and out... Always, no matter what the situation. The only way the puck ever gets moved up the ice is if Daley or occasionally Hainsey carry it.

The offence is clearly snake bitten, but I don't think that they can get going until the defencemen get better at moving the puck up the ice. Hopefully Komisarek will help that out when he joins the team. Last year in the NHL his outlet passes were very good.

Other impressions... Plekanec was not his usual combative self, he can play better ... Higgins looked good in the first two periods, quick and physical, but wasn't really doing much in the third ... Kostitsyn has defintely improved since the Manitoba game (on Oct. 31 I think). He is better at backchecking, but his offensive game has suffered a bit. Time will tell if he can put it all together. No rush though, he is still only 19 ... I think Hainsey is done as a legitimate prospect. The two times I've seen him play this year, I have not been impressed. He does not play physical, even enough to control his man along the boards. He is always out of position and doesn't ever seem to make a quality pass.

Old
11-26-2004, 09:25 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
Hopefully Higgins will outplay Kyle Wellwood and show why he's the better prospect. just kidding

Hope you watched the game.

Old
11-26-2004, 09:30 PM
CH Wizard

I am getting pissed off.I hate to see Kost just play defence.I mean I would love watching him play great defensively but today He was used in PK more often then in PP.His offensive game suffered a bit (because of that)like a poster said above.I hope Jarvis is doing the right thing by letting him play in the PK.I have seen great things from Kost today.Again , He saw limited icetime.he wasn't lost in the def zone today.He impressed me.

I hope He'll be able to get more icetime in the games to come.

Old
11-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Rand

Daley was fantastic, easily Hamilton's best player tonight IMHO.

Closed Thread