HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

THREE CHEERS for the Buffalo board and posters

Old
04-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Squantosawuss

vCash: 500
THREE CHEERS for the Buffalo board and posters

This is the first season I really spent much time on these boards, and I have to say:

Having spent time on other hockey/Sabres boards over the past few seasons, unlike any other boards I've been on, these boards are mostly populated with some very knowledgeable and insightful posters who are often fair, honest and realistic to a fault.

The homerism is minimal and the humor is some of the funniest shizzit I have read online. Can't tell you how many times I've laughed out loud reading comments from others.

In a world where life can be incredibly tough at times, this place has offered many, myself included, a fun and interesting place to get away from it all.

Isn't it nice to go to a place where nobody cares about where your head is at politically? All you know about anyone here is that we all appreciate the incredible skill and grace often displayed in this wonderful sport....the excitement of a late PP, or a desperate PK in the closing minutes of a tight game...or the beauty of a miraculous save...or the heart-stopping rush of a pulled goalie.

Ain't it sweet.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:06 PM
gallagt01

Come back for more.

You picked an awful year to frequent HF. This Sabres board was a mess for a while.

This post reminds me that the HF down-time is on the horizon . I love me some Summer-time activities, but the lack of activity on HF sucks when you're bored.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
It is fun to focus on sport and forget about politics etc.. I'm relatively new to the HF Sabre board but not new to HF, Buffalo, the NHL or the Sabres.. Buff fans are veterans of the school of hard knocks. Our day will come, hopefully before I die!

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:22 PM
sabresfan129103

****ing Vanek piece of ****....oh wait wrong thread. yeah this place is ok.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 10:54 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
This is the first season I really spent much time on these boards, and I have to say:

Having spent time on other hockey/Sabres boards over the past few seasons, unlike any other boards I've been on, these boards are mostly populated with some very knowledgeable and insightful posters who are often fair, honest and realistic to a fault.

The homerism is minimal and the humor is some of the funniest shizzit I have read online. Can't tell you how many times I've laughed out loud reading comments from others.

In a world where life can be incredibly tough at times, this place has offered many, myself included, a fun and interesting place to get away from it all.

Isn't it nice to go to a place where nobody cares about where your head is at politically? All you know about anyone here is that we all appreciate the incredible skill and grace often displayed in this wonderful sport....the excitement of a late PP, or a desperate PK in the closing minutes of a tight game...or the beauty of a miraculous save...or the heart-stopping rush of a pulled goalie.

Ain't it sweet.

Appreciate the sentiments and your insights all year long.

Now if I can just convince you to pull me off your ignore list

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

We may argue with each other at times, but we're all Sabres fans, and we all have a common bond. This place is home, and it's really like therapy for me to read responses from so many other Sabres fans.

Timbo Slice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

xxx~*...like dis if u cry evry time...~*xxx

This can be very fun or very depressing, usually depending on how the team is doing. But one thing is for sure - it's way better than the main board!

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:30 PM
LGB24

I was switching boards frequently too until i found this place. Definitely the best board for sabres talk

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
And here I figured that Squanto I saw on the main boards was just another Sabredabres fan. I didn't know!

Well hey Squanto. Watch this, the Sabres have been eliminated from the playoffs. And my #1 thought is: how should we retool to take the Cup next season! I hope you will join us in our suppositions...

Ralonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:34 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

You've grown more serious and tolerable To read over the course of the year, I'll give you that But youre no littletonhockeycoach or ONG/OG just yet. I legitimately thought you were a troll when you first started to post

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:48 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

I agree with Jbuds here. Now we just have to get you to look for existing thread topics instead of creating new threads of the same topic.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:14 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Agreed, this Sabres board is unique amongst internet message boards in that it's full of knowledgeable, intelligent, and mature people.

I think it's something you can only really get from a place like Buffalo.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:06 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post
Agreed, this Sabres board is unique amongst internet message boards in that it's full of knowledgeable, intelligent, and mature people.

**** Buffalo **** the sabres blow up the team trade everyone fire the staff get a new owner!!! Roys a cancer vanik dissapears the kassian trade ruined this team wtf darcy you never do anything right!!!!!11

But seriously, looking forward to my second season on these boards. Very enjoyable and I'm glad I found this place. Just had to learn to ignore the few supernegatives around here....

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Valuable Leino
Rookie User

Amen Brother!

I've actually been viewing these boards for a couple of years and finally took the plunge and created an account. I think many posters here have better knowledge and insight then any so called "experts" on the Sabres. I also love how I can get great info on the progress of our prospects (especially ones that aren't on the Amerks or overseas i.e. Armia)

Valuable Leino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:22 AM
5 Minute Major

You all certainly make the off season much more pleasant after a disppointing year.

Looking forward to the conversations in the coming months and the excitement we will all start to feel again come late June.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:03 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuable Leino View Post
Amen Brother!

I've actually been viewing these boards for a couple of years and finally took the plunge and created an account. I think many posters here have better knowledge and insight then any so called "experts" on the Sabres. I also love how I can get great info on the progress of our prospects (especially ones that aren't on the Amerks or overseas i.e. Armia)
Its easy when the Buffalo Media "Experts" have no knowledge or insight...

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Wisent42

First season for me here too, and I'm re-signing this summer. Good combination of interesting thoughts and funny stuff. Cheers, and may our next season be all about winning!

Wisent42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:46 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent42 View Post
First season for me here too, and I'm re-signing this summer. Good combination of interesting thoughts and funny stuff. Cheers, and may our next season be all about winning!

your QO was accepted

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Squantosawuss

I do have to laugh though, when I make a general statement about a situation---usually based on just watching a lot of games....and ten different posters throw 8 zillion stats at me to show how wrong I am.

I f-ing hate that. Nothing ruins a good argument more than facts.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:04 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

This is my first year posting as well. I absolutely love how much information some of you posters possess. Many times I do not have enough time to research everything but have been playing hockey since I was a little kid. I hope we can turn this season around next year and am very excited with the future of this franchise, especially with Pegula as our owner. Thanks so much for letting us noobies be involved in discussions! =)

McTankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:14 PM
dire wolf
be cool

I view this as the grown-up board.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:33 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

^^
the hockey talk is great; I enjoy especially (other than the Sabres talk) the discussion on young western conf players, as I don't see many western teams besides DET.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpatterson14206 View Post

Knowledgeable?
Intelligent???
Mature??????!
Thanks for letting me play for so long despite not meeting minimum qualifications...

In seriousness, I rarely, and for good reason, listen to the WGR postgame callers. But I made an exception after the "season ending" loss @ PHI. I was reminded for the umpteenth time:
1) how much more intelligent and well-posed the discussion is on this board.
2) never to make phone calls after I've been drinking, unless I want to sound like a dumbass.
3) I don't listen to WGR postgame callers because of #1,2.

(and to Squanto - you're growing on us)

Last edited by brian_griffin: 04-07-2012 at 12:24 AM.
brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:15 AM
McTank

My first year on here too, it's been fun, I've definately gained a ridiculous amount of knowledge on here and taken off my homer glasses

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Hank Moody
Easy, but not sleazy

I just completed my third season as a frequent poster. Guess that makes me an RFA...

Hank Moody is offline   Reply With Quote