HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators vs. Bruins | 7:30 | Snet-E | Welcome to the White House Edition

Old
04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Morris Wanchuk

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
As a Bruins fan, I have been rooting for this series for months now. Not because I think it will be easy or anything like that. Its because the Bruins and Sens have been lacking some hate in recent years and are due for a playoff matchup. As a STH I love seeing the carryover from the playoff series. Buffalo games were generally pretty dull until the 2009 playoff series. The regular season games have been great since then.

As for styles, I love hard nosed hockey. That Neil hit on Boychuck was money, and Corvo is a woman beater so any violence towards him I approve of. But I will say that the Bruins play their absolute best when there is drama and they are engaged. Just look at their record vs. the SE division. 7-12-4. Lot of boring, soft teams in that division (They were 0-4 vs. Carolina). Compared to 17-4 vs. the NE division.

The Vancouver series was again, dull and boring until Horton got injured and the Bruins got emotionally involved.

But hats off to the Sens. No one expected you to be here and you guys should be proud. I have a lot of respect for teams who turn around quickly (Ottawa, Philly) than teams who tank and complain forever like Pitts. Your team reminds me of the B's team that pushed Montreal to the brink in 2008, then continued that momentum into the following season.

Heres to a good playoff series, and some hopefully new found hate between these two clubs. Lets have our own hate, aside from our mutual hate for the Leafs, Habs, and Sabres.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:18 PM
RISPECK CLASS 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
Yeah.. We need to be more like them!!!11

Some fans take this game waaay too seriously.
Either that or they drink too much.

RISPECK CLASS 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:19 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyintherain View Post
Either that or they drink too much.
Drink what? Keystone light?

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:31 PM
BeerandHockey
╚(Þ_Þ)╝

BeerandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:36 PM
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!

is it a holiday in NA today?

oh.. easter.

The Turret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 04:37 PM
RISPECK CLASS 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
is it a holiday in NA today?
Tomorrow

Old
04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
RISPECK CLASS 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Drink what? Keystone light?
Obviously they drink, Pawtucket Patriot, Duff and Alamo.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise Alfie View Post
Whoa, busting out a Blade Runner avy. Nice. I've watched that movie about 10 times over the last couple weeks haha.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Alf Silfversson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
As a Bruins fan, I have been rooting for this series for months now. Not because I think it will be easy or anything like that. Its because the Bruins and Sens have been lacking some hate in recent years and are due for a playoff matchup. As a STH I love seeing the carryover from the playoff series. Buffalo games were generally pretty dull until the 2009 playoff series. The regular season games have been great since then.

As for styles, I love hard nosed hockey. That Neil hit on Boychuck was money, and Corvo is a woman beater so any violence towards him I approve of. But I will say that the Bruins play their absolute best when there is drama and they are engaged. Just look at their record vs. the SE division. 7-12-4. Lot of boring, soft teams in that division (They were 0-4 vs. Carolina). Compared to 17-4 vs. the NE division.

The Vancouver series was again, dull and boring until Horton got injured and the Bruins got emotionally involved.

But hats off to the Sens. No one expected you to be here and you guys should be proud. I have a lot of respect for teams who turn around quickly (Ottawa, Philly) than teams who tank and complain forever like Pitts. Your team reminds me of the B's team that pushed Montreal to the brink in 2008, then continued that momentum into the following season.

Heres to a good playoff series, and some hopefully new found hate between these two clubs. Lets have our own hate, aside from our mutual hate for the Leafs, Habs, and Sabres.

Well said.

Alf Silfversson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:06 PM
masterandy

Quote:

Agreed! I was happy when Boston won last year...a true rivalry is needed.

masterandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:11 PM
sensR4real

seriously? you write for hockey news? you friend of Damien Cox?

no seriously....you guys will beg for mercy...Alfie is on our team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
Boston can play any style, rough and tumble or run and gun, it dosen't matter when you have the better forwards, defensemen and goalie then the opposition which in this case is Ottawa. That is the cold hard facts, plus the fact that we know we can win when the going gets tough. The only way Ottawa can win this is if Boston gets key injuries or we play beneath our capabilities, if we play to it, we win.

sensR4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:11 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Crap. Jays in extras. Hope it ends before the Sens game starts.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
The game isn't going to go for another hour...

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:13 PM
ElginStreetParty07

Yeswecanplayoff.jpg

ElginStreetParty07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:17 PM
ElginStreetParty07

Yeswecanplayoff.jpg

ElginStreetParty07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Flamingo

Quote:

Oh, so it's trouble that you want, eh? Well, there's going to be lots of trouble. Trouble for YOU.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137

moar of this plz, k thnx

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:19 PM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Boston fans coming here to convince us how good their team is. We know. You won the Cup and stuff.

Penny Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:23 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Fun fact they brought up on the TEAM a few hours ago: over the past half of the season (41 games), the Sens have collected 49 points, the Bruins have collected 43.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Cowen Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
Boston fans coming here to convince us how good their team is. We know. You won the Cup and stuff.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Golden
Börk Börk Börk

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
I know, right? Thanks for the cold hard facts.

Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:37 PM
Apaharn

Quote:
Boston can play any style, rough and tumble or run and gun, it dosen't matter when you have the better forwards, defensemen and goalie then the opposition which in this case is Ottawa. That is the cold hard facts, plus the fact that we know we can win when the going gets tough. The only way Ottawa can win this is if Boston gets key injuries or we play beneath our capabilities, if we play to it, we win.
So what do you call getting swept by the Hurricanes this season? Playing down to the opposition's level?

Apaharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 05:45 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
The game isn't going to go for another hour...
The game is a pitching battle so far. Any thing is possible.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
And I'm saying, I think our best chance at winning is playing the run and gun style versus the Bruins if they end up obliging.

You know how hard it is to win a cup back to back, right? Good luck.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote