HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Remember when our starting pitching was supposed to suck? (avatar up in posts #1,2)

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2012, 10:54 PM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins View Post
Anyone know if the Jays want to use Sam Dyson as a starter or Reliever?

Im just trying to think of the Dunedin rotation. Stilson, Wojo, Lawrence, Nolin and Smith/Dyson
Answering my own question, looks like Dyson and Smith will both probably start.

Lawrence came on in relief of Stilson tonight. Stilson only pitched 3 innings. Probably to limit his innings.

Old
04-05-2012, 10:59 PM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

AAA updates so far:

Hech 2-3 so far with 2 doubles!!

And Yan Gomes playing 3rd (I knew he could play 3rd) is 3-3 continuing where he left off in the spring. He could get the call if Mathis gets hurt. Maybe even JPA.

d'Arnaud with 2 walks....think he got the Lawrie "go take a few more walks in AAA" speech from AA?

And well the AAA pitchers....well ya.....

Old
04-05-2012, 11:03 PM
jcollins
BJ Elitist/Hipster

With Huch only giving up 3H over 5IP, think they're limiting his innings early so there'll be no issue bringing him up in september?

He only threw 64 pitches.

Old
04-05-2012, 11:08 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmckool View Post
After the amount of times I said "Santos," or "If (insert name gets on base) they are going to get Santos up," I think I have to make him my avatar.

On that note I still have not gotten a new jersey yet (I'm going to buy it as a present to myself once I finish my BA) and the finalists so far are... (as a qualifier in 2009 at the beginning of May I bought a Snider jersey and for my next one I kind of want them to be a major leaguer)

Lawrie (so long as he hits above .260 in April)
Bautista
Romero
Alvarez (So long as there's some good numbers)
Santos (no one else will have one)
Morrow (Again he has to put up the stats)
I'd say roll with Bautista, he's an all timer already and will retire a Jay. Thats the type of jersey you can wear 10 years from now with pride...

Old
04-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Drmckool
Truculence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I'd say roll with Bautista, he's an all timer already and will retire a Jay. Thats the type of jersey you can wear 10 years from now with pride...
That's what I'm looking for, the 10 year test.

Bautista (99%)
Lawrie (75%)
Romero (70%)
Everyone else (50%)

Old
04-05-2012, 11:54 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Technical difficulties will delay the schedule wallpapers until tomorrow. They're like 90% done, I'm just having some trouble getting the different resolution versions completed properly.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
04-06-2012, 12:49 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Sharks game finishes, flip over to Sportsnet Connected.

Swear to god, not 5 minutes after I change the channel there's a commercial break and commercial #1?

"I'm comin' home, I'm comin' home..."

We need to time travel ahead to Monday so that commercial can be over with.

Old
04-06-2012, 12:58 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcollins View Post
AAA updates so far:

Hech 2-3 so far with 2 doubles!!

And Yan Gomes playing 3rd (I knew he could play 3rd) is 3-3 continuing where he left off in the spring. He could get the call if Mathis gets hurt. Maybe even JPA.

d'Arnaud with 2 walks....think he got the Lawrie "go take a few more walks in AAA" speech from AA?

And well the AAA pitchers....well ya.....
Gomes can be valuable especially the way we are building the team. He can play 3 positions well plus he's a solid enough hitter he could spot-DH if necessary. Really liking him as a prospect.

He ended the game tonight 4-for-5 with a double. Pretty solid for him to continue his awesome spring like that.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:02 AM
GeneralSwell

I had to work until 5:30, so I decided to PVR the game, turn off my phone to avoid score updates, and watch it when I got home. Figured taping 4 hours would be more than enough. Ya....

Cut out on me in the middle of the 13th inning. At least the Jays won! Sounds like I missed a little bit of fun between Choo and Luis Perez.

I was very impressed with what I saw from the bullpen. An outing like that after what we went through last year is incredible.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:06 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSwell View Post
I had to work until 5:30, so I decided to PVR the game, turn off my phone to avoid score updates, and watch it when I got home. Figured taping 4 hours would be more than enough. Ya....

Cut out on me in the middle of the 13th inning. At least the Jays won! Sounds like I missed a little bit of fun between Choo and Luis Perez.

I was very impressed with what I saw from the bullpen. An outing like that after what we went through last year is incredible.
If you sign-up for MLB.tv, you can watch a condensed version of the game.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:11 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSwell View Post

Choo mad, bro.

Old
04-06-2012, 01:24 AM
NeilYoung

As a Jays fan and Capitals fan that was a great day of watching sports for me, still can hardly believe it

Old
04-06-2012, 05:05 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 1512
Nice looking avatars. I'll have to snag one sooner or later (hopefully later). Go Jays!

Old
04-06-2012, 10:46 AM
NeverGoingToWin

The Jays edition of MLB 30 in 30 will be on Sportsnet Ontario at 2:00.

Old
04-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Holy Mackinaw

Perez (well, our Perez anyway) sure looked shaky coming out of the pen yesterday, but he kicked ass after that first batter.

These guys are going to be fun to watch.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:16 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Ordered my jersey today (found a place in Surrey that can get them done)

Turns out I needed the 56 (XXL equivalent) too. Tried on an XL and it was so tight across the shoulders/chest that I couldn't move my arms. and while I know I do have broad shoulders and am out of shape enough to have a beer gut, it's not like I'm actually fat fat.

Sizing is so screwed up in general though. Bought a fleece pullover at a store's closeout sale without bothering to try it on. Says XXL on the tag (had no XLs), fits like it's no bigger than a medium.

Also got a new Jays hat (they were on sale for $30). Strange thing is that even though it's the same make and size as my old school Jays hat, it fits a little bit looser.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:17 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
I also hit the Jays shop today!

Got a Lawrie road jersey, Morrow jersey t-shirt and a golf shirt. Asked the guy if they had any Edwin jersey t-shirts and he started laughing at me

Old
04-06-2012, 02:21 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
I also hit the Jays shop today!

Got a Lawrie road jersey, Morrow jersey t-shirt and a golf shirt. Asked the guy if they had any Edwin jersey t-shirts and he started laughing at me
Mine will be a Lawrie alternate.

I'm surprised they don't have a whole roster of jersey shirts either. Well, maybe not all the bullpen guys, but you'd think they'd at least have the rotation and the starting lineup. And probably Santos too.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

I'll be going for a replica alternate Morrow uniform once I finish my taxes and know what I owe. Was thinking about the authentic but I just can't push myself to pay that much more for a better looking crest.

Also I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this....1st in the AL East!

Old
04-06-2012, 02:29 PM
King Clark

Longtime Jays fan here and I'm really looking forward to the next 161 games; and the playoffs.....thats right, I said it, the playoffs!

Yesterdays game was a classic. Nearly had fifty heart attacks. Thanks Nemesis for the avatar. I decided to go with our middle relief pitcher, L. Perez since he did one hell of a job yesterday and he's not getting the love he deserves, imho.

Go Jays Go!!!

PS - Nemesis, remember you're not fat, just stocky.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:45 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Was thinking about the authentic but I just can't push myself to pay that much more for a better looking crest.
Yeah the $130 for a better crest is dumb...although for the alternates I noted that the lettering for "Blue Jays" is a bit different (white/blue on authentic, white/black for replica). It seemed to be the same for road/home.

What was the deal with buying the crest patch and putting it over the replica one? I'm sure it works but wouldn't it just make the logo extra thick?

Also, the jersey t-shirts were Bautista, Lawrie, Lind, Escobar, Arencibia, Romero, Morrow, Santos

Old
04-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Drmckool
Truculence!

I'm conflicted now. I'm thinking of mitigating my "who's jersey to get" problem by getting one of the T-Shirts as well for the 2nd place candidate, but do I want to go blue for both now? or should i get a home/road Jersey?

As of now I'm in a 4 way between Bautista or Lawrie for the Jersey, and those two plus Morrow or Santos for the T-shirt.

Old
04-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Thorntonfan97
Josť Bautista-20 HR

Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmckool View Post
I'm conflicted now. I'm thinking of mitigating my "who's jersey to get" problem by getting one of the T-Shirts as well for the 2nd place candidate, but do I want to go blue for both now? or should i get a home/road Jersey?

As of now I'm in a 4 way between Bautista or Lawrie for the Jersey, and those two plus Morrow or Santos for the T-shirt.
I have Blue everything

Blue Bautista shirt
Blue Bautista jersey
Blue Arencibia jersey

I also bought my Dad a Bautista one but it was white

But I would go with a Blue jersey it by far the sexiest jersey out of the 3 and get Jose jersey and Morrow shirt thats what I would do

Old
04-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Drmckool
Truculence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntonfan97 View Post
I have Blue everything

Blue Bautista shirt
Blue Bautista jersey
Blue Arencibia jersey

I also bought my Dad a Bautista one but it was white

But I would go with Blue it by far the sexiest jersey out of the 3
Ya you're right. Baustista Jersey, Lawrie T-shirt (unless Lawrie starts hitting like Pete Rose before I get it, then they switch).

Old
04-06-2012, 03:34 PM
weems

Just watching the Yankees vs Rays game and its awesome hearing things like "Theres 4 really good teams in the AL East" being said by Yankee's commentators.

Closed Thread