HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #81: at Nashville, 4/05 (7:00 PM, Fox Sports Southwest, 1310 AM, 104.1 FM)

Old
04-05-2012, 09:35 PM
texashockeyguy
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Ryder with maybe the most lazy ass play I have seen all year. I don't care what you have done all season. If I am the coach this piece of **** doesn't play another ****. What does Gully do, He is out there the next shift. Hmmmm, I guess effort and the way you are playing has no effect on who you play. I hope the owner gets Newy, and Gully out of here. Newy does not have any clue when it comes to the draft, and Gully doesn't seem to give a ****.

texashockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:35 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Can we just send the baby Stars + Benn, Eriksson, and a few others to play St. Louis?

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:36 PM
None More Negative*

I love how we have the most wins in the division and are officially eliminated..Oh you NHL you, lol..

None More Negative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashockeyguy View Post
Ryder with maybe the most lazy ass play I have seen all year. I don't care what you have done all season. If I am the coach this piece of **** doesn't play another ****. What does Gully do, He is out there the next shift. Hmmmm, I guess effort and the way you are playing has no effect on who you play. I hope the owner gets Newy, and Gully out of here. Newy does not have any clue when it comes to the draft, and Gully doesn't seem to give a ****.
Awful and lazy play, yes, but he's one of our deadliest weapons when we need goals. Didn't have much of a choice.

Old
cupwatcher2014

Quote:
Are you ****ing kidding me? Ryder piece of ****? Give me a ****ing break.

cupwatcher2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Again View Post
I love how we have the most wins in the division and are officially eliminated..Oh you NHL you, lol..
Even better is we have two more wins than we had all of last season, yet 6 less points.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:38 PM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Quote:
The NHLs point system can suck a bag of ****s.

ReverendAlBundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cupwatcher2014

Quote:
You can count the number of terrible games that Ryder has had this season on one hand. Morrow - game in, game out, terrible. Yet, he is on the first line tonight and Ryder is demoted? Why would Ryder give a **** because his effort certainly was not rewarded.

Old
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Can we just send the baby Stars + Benn, Eriksson, and a few others to play St. Louis?
I'm going to be really pissed if this doesn't happen. At least showcase the future for the poor fans who bought tix to game 82.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Ugh, bunch of mental midgets on this team. They had a clear path to the playoffs and completely blew it. Again.
For real. EVERYONE said.. "this win streak doesn't matter, its how you bounce back after that first regulation loss. Don't repeat the mistakes of the Coyotes." We go and get spanked in Winnipeg, no biggy it happens. Instead of bouncing back, we decide to end the season 3-8-0 and lose 4 in a row..

Leadership.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand New Stars View Post
Anyone outside of Benn Eriksson, Larsen and Lehtonen should be able to be had. Ott, Robidas and Morrow HAVE to go. Even Ribs probably. The team needs a major culture change.
No player on this roster should be untouchable.

Troy McClure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Skttrbrain89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Even better is we have two more wins than we had all of last season, yet 6 less points.
It's too bad the NHL will probably never abolish the whole loser points system. At least not with bettman around. I wish he would just get old already and catch a bad case of natural causes.

Skttrbrain89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:40 PM
KiedisA

See you guys in August when the pre-season starts.. Maybe a quick visit on saturday but after that no hockey..

Crashing out in the 81st and 82nd game of the season in two years.. We need somebody to carry us over..

KiedisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:41 PM
texashockeyguy
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryder View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me? Ryder piece of ****? Give me a ****ing break.
It's one of the laziest damn plays I have seen all year and the guy absolutely did not show up today. Don't get me wrong. I realize he is one of the few players on this team with some skill.

Ah, hell... It is what it is. Ryder was a 3rd liner with Boston who made no effort to resign him and he comes to our team and is immediatly on our top line, and top goal scorer. I get upset, but what it comes down to is we have very little talent outside of Benn, and Louie.

texashockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Sports
bedroom eyes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Better luck next year.
That didn't exactly come off as sincere.

Sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiedisA View Post
See you guys in August when the pre-season starts.. Maybe a quick visit on saturday but after that no hockey..

Crashing out in the 81st and 82nd game of the season in two years.. We need somebody to carry us over..
Nah, I'll be here for June 22nd, the 23rd, and July 1st. Then **** everything and see you guys in October.

Frozen Failure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
johnthegod
cool story bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR View Post
Better luck next year.

hope that wasnt a dig dude. and I'm a yotes fan

johnthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Don't get me started on the loser points.

Still hate those damn things.

MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
It's one of the laziest damn plays I have seen all year and the guy absolutely did not show up today. Don't get me wrong. I realize he is one of the few players on this team with some skill.

Ah, hell... It is what it is. Ryder was a 3rd liner with Boston who made no effort to resign him and he comes to our team and is immediatly on our top line, and top goal scorer. I get upset, but what it comes down to is we have very little talent outside of Benn, and Louie.
Lol get real. Ryder was their most clutch player in the playoffs. You're way off base here. Get mad at Ott, Souray/Robidas, Morrow, or anyone who really deserves it.

Old
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

Who will be our 14th round pick? Should have just tanked the damn season. Actually the last 4 would have been nice.

SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryder View Post
You can count the number of terrible games that Ryder has had this season on one hand. Morrow - game in, game out, terrible. Yet, he is on the first line tonight and Ryder is demoted? Why would Ryder give a **** because his effort certainly was not rewarded.
Totally agree. If the team treats you like ****, might as well play like it.

Old
04-05-2012, 09:43 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Can NOT wait for the offseason, especially the draft. My favorite time of the year.

Old
04-05-2012, 09:44 PM
cupwatcher2014

Quote:

No, he did not show up, which is surprising because he usually shows up for the big games. But, if I was Ryder, I would be pissed - Morrow has taken selfish penalties all year, has contributed nothing offensively and even less as the team captain, and he bumps Ryder off his line. Ryder was a third liner with Boston because of the depth - he is a second line winger, really, but on this team, there is not enough talent even to make 2 lines. So, don't blame Ryder - but for Ryder and his 35 goals, this team would have been toast in January.

Old
04-05-2012, 09:44 PM
None More Negative*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthegod View Post
hope that wasnt a dig dude. and I'm a yotes fan
I don't think it was, I mean come on, the Stars have 2 more wins than the Yotes..It's the NHL scoring system keeping us out more than the Coyotes..heh

None More Negative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:47 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Can NOT wait for the offseason, especially the draft. My favorite time of the year.
Is it because that's when we can have hope without it being ruined?

You know..except that one year....or two...o god.

Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 09:48 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Don't start freaking blaming the scoring system for us not being in the playoffs. How many times this year did we see the Stars rally back to force OT and get a point? You can cry about loser points all you want, but there's plenty of times where teams actually earn that OT point, even if they don't win the game or the coinflip that is the shootout.

This team is mentally weak, and gave up time and time again when things didn't go their way. Face a hot goalie? Get frustrated and take a bunch of penalties, lose the game. Mistakes lead to a quick goal for the opposition? Give up and coast the rest of the game. Go down by 2 goals? **** it, mail it in.

This team doesn't not deserve the playoffs, teams like LA, FLA, and others with high "loser" points do. Why? Because they had the defense to not get blown out of the water every night. Because they didn't repeatedly get lit up and give up. Or because they had the leadership and resolve to battle back when things got down. Outside of the LA game at home, how many games did our Stars show that fight?

Blame the team for not having enough points, not the system.