HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

The 2012 NHL Draft Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-18-2012, 09:36 PM
HoseEmDown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
I prefer Ceci over Reilly. From what I've read(granted I haven't read everything but I would like to think it has been a good amount) Ceci has been pegged as a top-4 2-way defender. His offense has already shown itself and his defense as there and should get better.
I read the same things about him being solid two ways. He seems the most complete and NHL ready, plus is RH and with our gluten of LH he could steal a roster spot. He's also in his 3rd year in CHL so no real need to send him back there next year. He's definately safe and you know what your gonna get, I just think Reilly's potential is something you might have to take a chance on. Either way we should be getting a pretty good one soon.

Old
05-18-2012, 10:17 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I read the same things about him being solid two ways. He seems the most complete and NHL ready, plus is RH and with our gluten of LH he could steal a roster spot. He's also in his 3rd year in CHL so no real need to send him back there next year. He's definately safe and you know what your gonna get, I just think Reilly's potential is something you might have to take a chance on. Either way we should be getting a pretty good one soon.
One of the reports I read said one more year in the OHL and he should be ready to contribute in the NHL.

Old
05-19-2012, 07:02 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
One of the reports I read said one more year in the OHL and he should be ready to contribute in the NHL.
Unless your a top 5 pick they usually always recommend going back to juniors. The whole NHL and CHL agreement and age restrictions in the AHL sucks. He really wouldn't prove nothing staying another year, he'd be best served getting his 10 game tryout then deciding. He's a late birthday so maybe he would be old enough for AHL?

Old
05-19-2012, 10:32 AM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Unless your a top 5 pick they usually always recommend going back to juniors. The whole NHL and CHL agreement and age restrictions in the AHL sucks. He really wouldn't prove nothing staying another year, he'd be best served getting his 10 game tryout then deciding. He's a late birthday so maybe he would be old enough for AHL?
He won't be able to play the year in the AHL next year, I believe the rule is you have to be 20 by 12/31(or around there somewhere). It's why Vlad will be able to play in the AHL next year while still being 19 at the start of the season.

Old
05-19-2012, 12:08 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
He won't be able to play the year in the AHL next year, I believe the rule is you have to be 20 by 12/31(or around there somewhere). It's why Vlad will be able to play in the AHL next year while still being 19 at the start of the season.
Ok, wasn't sure the exact rule. I don't like the idea of sending him back for a 4th year, it's only gonna stall his developement. Reilly wouldn't mind kinda like Connolly where he can see if he stays healthy a whole year. I wouldn't mind taking Ceci with intentions of him playing NHL all year, bottom pair our 7th D and also get minutes with Brewer who can protect him and cover mistakes.

Old
05-19-2012, 12:19 PM
HoseEmDown

What's the opinion on Seth Griffith? We invited him to rookie camp and didn't offer. He had a great season scoring with Vlad, do we try to draft him or the fact he didn't impress first time keep us away? Where do you think he goes?

Old
05-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

1. Use or 2nd Round Picks to move up from Detroit's Pick.
2. Draft Reilly and Ceci.
3. ???
4. Profit.

Old
05-19-2012, 06:31 PM
BarberioTheBarbarian

Maata makes to much sense almost. A strong 2way stick checking defenseman fits our system, and he is a knight.

Old
06-10-2012, 09:11 PM
stryfe604

I was just wondering, if we package 10 + 19 at the draft, how high do you think we can move? Not suggesting we do, just wondering where everyone else thinks we can end up. My opinion, NYI would probably jump at that package, so fourth. If we package 10 + maybe Our second we could move up to 6th from Anaheim. 10th and 2 seconds maybe NYI will take it.

Maybe Murray at 4th or Dumba at 6th. Just a thought. I would be more than happy with Trouba (projected to maybe be there at 10th), but this is more for discussions sake.

Old
06-11-2012, 12:13 AM
VanTampaFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I was just wondering, if we package 10 + 19 at the draft, how high do you think we can move? Not suggesting we do, just wondering where everyone else thinks we can end up. My opinion, NYI would probably jump at that package, so fourth. If we package 10 + maybe Our second we could move up to 6th from Anaheim. 10th and 2 seconds maybe NYI will take it.

Maybe Murray at 4th or Dumba at 6th. Just a thought. I would be more than happy with Trouba (projected to maybe be there at 10th), but this is more for discussions sake.
I'd be a-ok with this

Old
06-11-2012, 07:17 AM
HoseEmDown

Hopefully there's a run on fowards in top 10 where 2 of Trouba/Reilly/Reinhart fall to 10 then we can move up from 19 and get the other. If not we can move up from 19 and get Ceci/Maata.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

I don't see a reason to move 10/19 for a slot 3-5 up. Players only have very minor differences, if any at all, in the 5-11 range.

Old
06-11-2012, 04:28 PM
stryfe604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
I don't see a reason to move 10/19 for a slot 3-5 up. Players only have very minor differences, if any at all, in the 5-11 range.
Well let's say by the grace of god we get someone like Bernier for a couple 2nds andwe get the keep the 19th. How about packaging the 19th to move up to take Ceci.

Added thought moving down from 19th to take Subban and also gaining something from moving down. How do people feel about that?

Old
06-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

If we draft a goaltender I hope to god its Dansk or Vasilievski.
Subbans great athletically but both his blocker and glove scare me.
I still dont understand the lovefest for Ceci.

Old
06-13-2012, 03:19 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ff-mock-draft/

Hockey’s Future 2012 Staff Mock Draft
Quote:
10. Tampa Bay Lightning

Morgan Rielly, D, Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
GM Steve Yzerman was spotted in attendance at Moose Jaw games after Rielly returned from injury so the organization is at the very least intrigued by the defensive prospect. Rielly gives the Lightning what they lack on the blue line. He owns Duncan Keith-type upside and if he was not injured this season, might have been the top-rated defenseman eligible for the draft. He possesses elite skating ability as well as the composure and passing skills to run the offense from the blue line.

Other potential picks: Cody Ceci, Olli Matta, Radek Faksa, Derrick Pouliot, Brendan Gaunce.
Quote:
19. Tampa Bay Lightning (from Detroit Red Wings)

Pontus Aberg, W, Djurgardens IF Stockholm (SEL)
The late-1993 born winger has a full season playing in one of the best leagues in the world under his belt and was equal to or more productive offensively in 2011-12 than previous Swedish draft picks Forsberg and Collberg. Having selected a defender with his first pick, general manager Steve Yzerman needs to address the issue of finding fast, skilled forwards who can complement Steven Stamkos, especially with Martin St. Louis well into the twilight of his career. Aberg's offensive skills may not be elite but his game is refined and he is more NHL ready than most.

Other potential picks: Derrick Pouliot, Andrei Vasilevski, Slater Koekkoek, Henrik Samuelsson, Thomas Wilson.
Rielly and Aberg were strangely the same picks I made in the HFB Mod Mock Draft

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1205251

Old
06-14-2012, 06:32 PM
JFleegs

Interesting interview with Russian goalie Andrey Makarov. States hes been talked to by the Tampa bay lightning, Kings, Jets, and Canuks. Also interesting is his favorite team is the Lightning. I dont think I have heard of a player stating them as a favorite team.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 06-14-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: bleacher report link not allowed on hf
Old
06-14-2012, 07:03 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFleegs View Post
Interesting interview with Russian goalie Andrey Makarov. States hes been talked to by the Tampa bay lightning, Kings, Jets, and Canuks. Also interesting is his favorite team is the Lightning. I dont think I have heard of a player stating them as a favorite team.
I believe our Draft Choice Matthew Peca stated the Lightning as his favorite team. I know it was someone.

Last edited by TheDaysOf 04: 06-14-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old
06-14-2012, 07:22 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
I believe our Draft Choice Matthew Peca stated the Lightning as his favorite team. I know it was someone.
I don't know if Peca is, but Ryan Sproul, Detroit's 2nd rounder last year was a lightning fan.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:32 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
I don't know if Peca is, but Ryan Sproul, Detroit's 2nd rounder last year was a lightning fan.
Not that I care much lol but what did you edit in my post?

And I remember that too, but for some reason I think Peca said it too. Could be wrong.

Old
06-14-2012, 07:38 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Not that I care much lol but what did you edit in my post?

And I remember that too, but for some reason I think Peca said it too. Could be wrong.
I took out the blocked link to bleacher.

Old
06-14-2012, 08:27 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

jw, why do we block links to bleacher?

Old
06-14-2012, 09:08 PM
shello
@WShello9

What I'm hoping for most in this draft is:
1st: Jacob Trouba/Morgan Rielly D
1st: Olli Maata/Brady Skeji D
2nd: Matia Marcantoni C
2nd: Michael Matheson D
2nd: Matthew Murray G
3rd: Dillon Fournier/Patrick Sieloff D
4th: Michael Clarke C
5th: Nick Ebert/Ryan Culkin D
6th: Andrew Ryan LW
7th: Zach Stepan C/ Luca Ciampini LW

Matt Murray, Trouba, Skeji, Marcantoni, and Sieloff are some personal favorites i'd love to pick up.

Last edited by shello: 06-15-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old
06-14-2012, 09:55 PM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
It's not a credible media source.

Old
06-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
Bleacher is like HF - anyone can submit. Its not credible.

Old
06-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
What I'm hoping for most in this draft is:
1st: Jacob Trouba/Morgan Rielly D
1st: Olli Maata/Brady Skeji D
2nd: Matia Marcantoni C
2nd: Michael Matheson D
2nd: Matthew Murray G
3rd: Dillon Fournier/Patrick Sieloff D
4th: Michael Clarke C
5th: Nick Ebert/Ryan Culkin D
6th: Andrew Ryan LW
7th: Zach Stephan C/ Luca Ciampini LW

Matt Murray, Trouba, Skeji, Marcantoni, and Sieloff are some personal favorites i'd love to pick up.
I like almost everything you've got except the first second rounder I hope its Dansk or Vasilevski.

Closed Thread