HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2012 Draft Entry Thread V7.0 - Wanted: Grigorenko?

Closed Thread

Old
04-05-2012, 03:33 PM
KlattNazty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Another thing that makes me happy about galy is his responsible defensive game and work ethic.
Yeah for sure.

There is alot of talent right near the bottom of the first again. Could be a lot of shuffling based on the u-18.

Names like, Lindholm, Wilson, Vasilevski, Kerdiles, Subban, Skjei, Thrower, all so many guys to pick from. Glad were missing our lower-mid round picks, because the talent dropoff seems to start at like round 3.

Old
04-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlattNazty View Post
Yeah for sure.

There is alot of talent right near the bottom of the first again. Could be a lot of shuffling based on the u-18.

Names like, Lindholm, Wilson, Vasilevski, Kerdiles, Subban, Skjei, Thrower, all so many guys to pick from. Glad were missing our lower-mid round picks, because the talent dropoff seems to start at like round 3.
I like vasilevski and Lindholm. Wilson not sure(still think this guy gets over hyped, good prospect). Subban(have to see more to think about it, but he is intrigues me for sure). Skjei I haven't taken into account for, can you please specify?

04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

If Subban is there in the 2nd, I would take him in a heartbeat. Has all the tools, just needs to refine his game, but definitely has starting potential.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:35 PM
LaPlante94

I think Edmonton will take Dumba over Murray. Hopkins and Dumba are pretty good friends I beleve and I think the Wild or Islanders would be stupid to pass on Murray if they were ahead of us in the draft. We just gotta hope ANA finishes with more points then us because they're our only threat to taking Gally from us.

CLB) Yakupov
EDM Dumba
MON) Grigorenko
NYI) Murray
TOR) Galchenyuk
ANA) Forsberg
MIN) Trouba

Lets just hope that's how the draft goes because I'd rather have Gally or Grigs anyday. 3 years from now after Yakupovs ELC is up sign him and reunite Yakupov and Gally

Old
04-05-2012, 04:38 PM
LaPlante94

Quote:
I like vasilevski and Lindholm. Wilson not sure(still think this guy gets over hyped, good prospect). Subban(have to see more to think about it, but he is intrigues me for sure). Skjei I haven't taken into account for, can you please specify?
I'm not to high on Subban but that might just be because I'm pretty high on Dansk and Vasilevski. Vasilevski to me would be a perfect fit in Allaires system.

Old
04-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
If Subban is there in the 2nd, I would take him in a heartbeat. Has all the tools, just needs to refine his game, but definitely has starting potential.
Tbh I m not that high on him as others but I agree very good player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPlante94 View Post
I'm not to high on Subban but that might just be because I'm pretty high on Dansk and Vasilevski. Vasilevski to me would be a perfect fit in Allaires system.
Lol I am the same, Dansk is interesting, but I am high on Vasilevski. Just awesome.

Last edited by Leaf Rocket: 04-05-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old
04-05-2012, 05:03 PM
LaPlante94

Quote:
Tbh I m not that high on him as others but I agree very good player.

Lol I am the same, Dansk is interesting, but I am high on Vasilevski. Just awesome.
Glove hand is way to good for his age haha

Old
04-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Glove hand is way to good for his age haha
The other player or goalie that someone here mentioned is good and as well in the prospect page, is Frederik Anderson, who apparently has broken Lundqvist's records in the SEL.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:40 PM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

I'm interested in Dillon Fournier.

He has some nice height, some good offensive instinct and hockey sense, smooth skating, pretty good defensively. He's only 170 pounds right now but could gain weight as he gets older. More of an all-around type dman. Probably tops out as a 2nd pairing guy but sort of like Gunnarson.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:43 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
The other player or goalie that someone here mentioned is good and as well in the prospect page, is Frederik Anderson, who apparently has broken Lundqvist's records in the SEL.
Probably me. He was drafted by the Canes last year in the 7th round.

Old
04-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
Probably me. He was drafted by the Canes last year in the 7th round.
Ah yes. It was you, i remember your avatar, thanks for that, pretty awesome pick for the canes for sure.

Old
04-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Frankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
I'm interested in Dillon Fournier.

He has some nice height, some good offensive instinct and hockey sense, smooth skating, pretty good defensively. He's only 170 pounds right now but could gain weight as he gets older. More of an all-around type dman. Probably tops out as a 2nd pairing guy but sort of like Gunnarson.
yes, a former first overall pick in the qmjhl. should go on to be a solid nhler down the road.

moncton's james melindy is also getting some attention.

Old
04-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Dayjobdave

Quote:
I think Edmonton will take Dumba over Murray. Hopkins and Dumba are pretty good friends I beleve and I think the Wild or Islanders would be stupid to pass on Murray if they were ahead of us in the draft. We just gotta hope ANA finishes with more points then us because they're our only threat to taking Gally from us.

CLB) Yakupov
EDM Dumba
MON) Grigorenko
NYI) Murray
TOR) Galchenyuk
ANA) Forsberg
MIN) Trouba

Lets just hope that's how the draft goes because I'd rather have Gally or Grigs anyday. 3 years from now after Yakupovs ELC is up sign him and reunite Yakupov and Gally
I'd be ecstatic with anyone on your list above.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjobdave View Post
I'd be ecstatic with anyone on your list above.
as would i, except Trouba ... havent seen much of him tbh .. sounds like another Schenn from his scouting report

i'd prefer Reilly and Reinhart

Old
04-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Drew311
Catch The Taste

I just don't think Burke would draft Grigorenko if given the chance. Considering there are concerns over his work ethic and intensity in tough situations, I don't see him being a Burke target.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Kulemon

I hate this team with a passion. Our pick is ruined. We can hope to sign Schultz though. FML

Old
04-05-2012, 08:38 PM
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor

Do NOT draft Alex Galchenyuk

Take this from somebody who blew out his knee (major ACL tear) when he was just 14. Myself.

I tore my ligament completely in half when I was on my home from school. Was a freak accident and now at age 20 I don't really recall how it happened, I just twisted it awkwardly by accident, then yeah, I was on crutches from September until January. I can tell you this though, after going through surgery to get my knee drained, having a fake rubber ACL put in to replace the completely torn ACL, then hearing from the doctor that my knee will never be the same again, it's one of the worst things ever.

I went through some pretty intense rehab from January to about May or June, and my knee still bothers me to this day. My knee starts to give out or get sore after about 2 hours of exercise (I'm still in good shape mind you, knee just sucks).

If there's anybody that has also had an injury like this, it's probably a really relate-able experience, including Galchenyuk.

The fact that this kid had has ACL torn in half, had to go through surgery and is still considered a top 5 pick is a joke. He will not be the same player, and it was clearly evident in the 8 games he played in his return.

This team either needs Grigorenko or another player, maybe Forsberg. Because if Galchenyuk's tear was anything like mine, he will not be the same player, and may even be a bust.

Cue the "k ill just phone my bro Brian right now and tell him" posts.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
Take this from somebody who blew out his knee (major ACL tear) when he was just 14. Myself.

I tore my ligament completely in half when I was on my home from school. Was a freak accident and now at age 20 I don't really recall how it happened, I just twisted it awkwardly by accident, then yeah, I was on crutches from September until January. I can tell you this though, after going through surgery to get my knee drained, having a fake rubber ACL put in to replace the completely torn ACL, then hearing from the doctor that my knee will never be the same again, it's one of the worst things ever.

I went through some pretty intense rehab from January to about May or June, and my knee still bothers me to this day. My knee starts to give out or get sore after about 2 hours of exercise (I'm still in good shape mind you, knee just sucks).

If there's anybody that has also had an injury like this, it's probably a really relate-able experience, including Galchenyuk.

The fact that this kid had has ACL torn in half, had to go through surgery and is still considered a top 5 pick is a joke. He will not be the same player, and it was clearly evident in the 8 games he played in his return.

This team either needs Grigorenko or another player, maybe Forsberg. Because if Galchenyuk's tear was anything like mine, he will not be the same player, and may even be a bust.

Sorry about your bad experience but people have successful ACL surgery all the time.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Anthrax442

vCash: 551
The athletes have an access to superior doctors and physios.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Kulemon

Quote:

In his last two playoff games Gally dominated and he has said his knee feels as good as ever multiple times.

Old
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igy View Post

Sorry about your bad experience but people have successful ACL surgery all the time.
My surgery was successful, it's just the fact that the damage was so far, my knee has never been the same. Last I heard, Galchenyuk's ACL was torn completely in half as well so If that's not any indication then I don't know what is.

Old
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

No Yakupov
No Grigorenko
No Murray
No Galchenyuk
No Dumba
No Forsberg

So who do you guy want to draft.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Leafan519

A ACL tear, is not a ACL tear, is not a ACL tear. Varying degrees of severity and treatment quality and Alex got the best most renowned dr's working with him and one on one rehab for hours every day.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
My surgery was successful, it's just the fact that the damage was so far, my knee has never been the same. Last I heard, Galchenyuk's ACL was torn completely in half as well so If that's not any indication then I don't know what is.
I know many people who have torn it in half or completely all together and I have yet to run into someone that isn't at least 90-100% after rehab.

Mine is currently torn and I don't even need surgery. It's different for everyone and so many variables are involved.

Old
04-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SundinOurOnlyChance View Post
No Yakupov
No Grigorenko
No Murray
No Galchenyuk
No Dumba
No Forsberg