HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Playoff Picture Thread (And Misc NHL talk)

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 11:10 PM
DontToewzMeBro

vCash: 500
Playoff Picture Thread (And Misc NHL talk)

Well, unfortunately the Blackhawks (like last year) are going to be in a last minute race to scramble into the playoffs, and I would like to start the same thread about our chances and ups and downs in the standings. Unfortunate that we have to scoreboard watch again but it seems that is the case from here on out.

Tonight we lost to Nashville, while Calgary won, and Anaheim.

On a positive note the wings beat the Stars( this is only positive because Dallas is close to us). Also the blue Jackes beat the blues.

6)CHI-65pts
7)LA-65pts
8)PHX-63pts
9)CGY-62pts
10)COL-60pts
11)DAL-59pts
12)MIN-58pts

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 02-27-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old
02-14-2012, 11:19 PM
tdfxman

I don't know if we make it. #19 doesn't seem like he is going to carry us.

He seems VERY frustrated out there. Very.

If he doesn't do it, we don't make it. I don't think that is so bad. We need to add some pieces and shake things up.

Since the Cup, Jr. has done jack to help us. We back in Cup +1 year and maybe back in again in year 2. Dismal.

Old
02-15-2012, 05:12 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

#19 still has problems with his wrist/arm

include #3-#5 too

Old
02-15-2012, 06:46 AM
BobbleHeadNight*

It's better that we don't make it. Maybe that will force changes that must be made. Another 8th seed first round exit, with status quo maintained next season, would be the worst thing that could happen to this franchise.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:14 AM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbleHeadNight View Post
It's better that we don't make it. Maybe that will force changes that must be made. Another 8th seed first round exit, with status quo maintained next season, would be the worst thing that could happen to this franchise.
it would not be better if we dont make it...that is stupid

Old
02-15-2012, 09:21 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Even after a 9 GAME losing streak, this team is still in 6th place.

The Hawks are going to be fine. They could play .500 hockey and still finish 6th.

This might be overly optimistic but I think their brutal schedule is going to make them more battle ready for the playoffs.

Old
02-15-2012, 09:24 AM
BobbleHeadNight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
it would not be better if we dont make it...that is stupid
You're right. I'd rather see the coaches, Emery, Crow, et. al back next year for one more run.

<barf emoticon>

Old
02-15-2012, 09:56 AM
ndgt10

Bowman should write a book on "How to dismantle a Stanley Cup Winning Team." He has proven to be an expert in that regard.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:09 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgt10 View Post
Bowman should write a book on "How to dismantle a Stanley Cup Winning Team." He has proven to be an expert in that regard.
You should write a book "how I would've managed the mess better then Bowman did".

Good luck.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:13 AM
Blackhawks4life

Quote:
You are kidding right? Of all people in the league, do you not think Stan in the shadow of the Bowman legacy would not want to win every year and he would have kept the Stanley Cup team together for as long as possible if he could have??

As we all know; or I thought we knew......Stan had his hand forced and had to get under the cap as well as line up in his mind the future prospects that will need pay raises. Stan had zero money at last years deadline so we had to ride it out. Campbell was great and a big part of the cup run; when Tallon offered to take that price tag off our hands why wouldn't you make the trade?? He has stated that he wanted cap room during the season and address his needs at the deadline. There are so many buble teams right now that teams are not pulling the trigger..........do you honestly think he isn't trying to make any trades?? Tallon was great but he made mistake contract wise and overpayed players with long term deals and of course the RFA debacle that made them UFA's.
This year as I have been saying, the young player are just not cutting it. He has the money to get players in and own up to his word. If he doesn't then unleash on him....all the hockey analysts are saying teams are at a stand still because of the playoff situation.
Have some faith. We will be a 4-7 seed...........I don't care where we finish as long as we are on top of our game come playoff time.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:37 AM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
You're right. I'd rather see the coaches, Emery, Crow, et. al back next year for one more run.

<barf emoticon>
You would seriously not want the hawks to make the playoffs this year?

Old
02-15-2012, 10:49 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
He's probably one of those Bears fans that wanted a 4-12 season so Lovie could get fired too

Old
02-15-2012, 10:52 AM
BobbleHeadNight*

Quote:
If we fix our problems and go on a tear? Sure. But if we have the same old problems and limp in as the #8 on the last day of the regular season, I'm not sure what the point is.

Old
02-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
If we fix our problems and go on a tear? Sure. But if we have the same old problems and limp in as the #8 on the last day of the regular season, I'm not sure what the point is.
The point is to win.

You can't win in the playoffs if you don't make the playoffs.

Old
02-15-2012, 12:54 PM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
so u would have rather not made the playoffs last year? the united center had three games that got the orgization a lotttt of money. The players got more experiece in the playoffs.

The team had a shot to win the stanley cup again. Isnt that the point of the whole franchise. To make money and continue to put urself in a position to win.

Some teams (like the hawks a couple years ago) would kill to be in the playoffs. Sounds pretty spoiled to me

Old
02-15-2012, 01:32 PM
BobbleHeadNight*

If I had to choose between a) play average hockey, sneak in 8th seed, lose in 1st round, same coaches/players back next year, and b) miss playoffs, make coaching/player changes and play a style that fits the team better....

I'd take b.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:56 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Tonight we want Pittsburgh and the Canucks to win.

So Ducks and Avs loose.

Old
02-15-2012, 01:59 PM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
If I had to choose between a) play average hockey, sneak in 8th seed, lose in 1st round, same coaches/players back next year, and b) miss playoffs, make coaching/player changes and play a style that fits the team better....

I'd take b.
Option A didnt happen last year...why do u think it would happen next year. They changed pretty much the whole bottom 6, a goalie, assistant coach, and our 5-6-7 defenseman....It didnt work but they did it. Why would it happen next year.

Why are there only 2 options...can they make the playoffs in a low seed and pull together and make a run at the cup? yea they can

missing the playoffs while you realistically have a chance to make a playoff run is not ever the answer. ---and if you think we COULD NOT make some kind of noise in the playoffs, you are wrong.

Old
02-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Mansfmlyvlus

i say we don't panic but these last 9 games have really opened my eyes but to be honest these issues have been there all season. My biggest problem is there is no one who will consistantly go to the net for screens (except maybe Kruger) the goalies are far to good and we just seem to make it to easy for them. How we move when we don't have the puck makes things to easy for defenders to check us and last relax and stop squeezing the stick to hard when finishing, maybe change the angles on shots perhaps maybe waiting an extra.10 of a second before actually shooting.I know these things are easier said than done but this would.definately help

Old
02-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:

just read up on it and you will understand more than you do now

Old
02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post

just read up on it and you will understand more than you do now
LOL, I want one of those hats to wear to the games if Bowman doesn't do anything.

Old
02-15-2012, 03:29 PM
BobbleHeadNight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansfmlyvlus View Post
my biggest problem is there is no one who will consistantly go to the net for screens (except maybe kruger) the goalies are far to good and we just seem to make it to easy for them.
+1000

Old
02-15-2012, 11:56 PM
DontToewzMeBro

Minus-Anaheim wins-57pts

+Avs Loose-60pts

Old
02-16-2012, 07:38 AM
BobbleHeadNight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
Minus-Anaheim wins-57pts

+Avs Loose-60pts
The Avs loost?

Old
02-16-2012, 09:00 AM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I'd take b.
Then throw away your Hawks gear and root for another team since you're obviously not a Hawks fan.

Closed Thread