HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Season Over Official Off-Season Thread: GTFO O'Brien edition

Old
04-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

vCash: 500
So Varly is done playing for the season and ends it with a .913 save percentage and a 2.59 GAA over 53 games. Pretty damn good.

Congo Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:49 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
So Varly is done playing for the season and ends it with a .913 save percentage and a 2.59 GAA over 53 games. Pretty damn good.
He had a great start, and great end to the season. I think having JSG really helped him to find consistency. Really hope Giguere becomes our goalie coach of the future.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

vCash: 130
Next year will be the same old thing. Some key guy will get hurt and people will make excuses for this team not making the playoffs again. Fire sucko and the avs will make the playoffs.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:27 PM
niwotsblessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Jiggy in net tomorrow
Call up Siemens from LEM and play him with Elliott against Nashville as the 3rd pairing. That will give him a taste of the NHL, and give Elliott a chance to be the "experienced pro." This will give them both something to aim for in their Summer workouts.

niwotsblessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Apperently we may just move on from Hejduk even if he doesn't retire. I would hate for that to happen and now I want him to retire even more.

Old
04-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwotsblessing View Post
Call up Siemens from LEM and play him with Elliott against Nashville as the 3rd pairing. That will give him a taste of the NHL, and give Elliott a chance to be the "experienced pro." This will give them both something to aim for in their Summer workouts.
Pretty sure Siemens can't play in the NHL this season unless is an emergency call up.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:34 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Dater is saying that the Avs seem likely to move on from Hejduk and that the odds are 85-15 in him not coming back.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...mpaign=twitter

^^beat to it

BoxOfChocolates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:39 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
I hope Hejduk retires now more than I ever have.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Quote:
Dater is saying that the Avs seem likely to move on from Hejduk and that the odds are 85-15 in him not coming back.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...mpaign=twitter

^^beat to it
But you got the link so your is better

Old
04-06-2012, 09:05 PM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
Apperently we may just move on from Hejduk even if he doesn't retire. I would hate for that to happen and now I want him to retire even more.
If the Avs no longer want Hejduk to play, he will retire here. No way will 'Duke walk off to another town. It is either Colorado or bust.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

vCash: 130
No duke but bring back sucko? Yeah the duke hasn't done well this year, but at least he's done something for the avs.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:21 PM
foppagirl21

So tomorrow's game could be Milan Hejduk's last game in the NHL. Wow. That... that is hard to let sink in. Cheer him on, Pepsi Center!!

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
So tomorrow's game could be Milan Hejduk's last game in the NHL. Wow. That... that is hard to let sink in. Cheer him on, Pepsi Center!!
If he does not get a standing ovation I will be super pissed!

Old
04-06-2012, 10:15 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
A little off-topic, but also slightly on-topic. In one of the GM games going on right now, I traded Duchene and a 2nd for Dmitry Kulikov and Nick Bjugstad. Wondering what everyone thinks of that deal.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
A little off-topic, but also slightly on-topic. In one of the GM games going on right now, I traded Duchene and a 2nd for Dmitry Kulikov and Nick Bjugstad. Wondering what everyone thinks of that deal.
That is turrible. Bjugstad's a big guy and considered a good prospect but who knows...big guys often don't develop till their mid 20s and they sometimes can't translate their size advantage in whichever other league including college to the NHL. Kulikov's a decent dman but he got overhyped by his sudden point surge earlier in the season. The 2nd-3rd dman can be adressed via free agency I still think and not trading a key player either way. Kulikov might be a smooth skater but he's not OEL or Karlsson. Need something of substance if you trade a player of Duchene's value.

Also ask yourself....would this trade have even been considered last season when Duchene's value was higher even with Kulikov's current value?

Quote:
Anyone find it hilarious that he's labeling the odds as if he has some basis on them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Pretty sure Siemens can't play in the NHL this season unless is an emergency call up.
Why wouldn't you call up Gaunce anyways?

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
If the Avs no longer want Hejduk to play, he will retire here. No way will 'Duke walk off to another town. It is either Colorado or bust.
Yup. I hope it doesn't come down to him reluctantly retiring because the Avs don't want him but like you said, it's Colorado or retirement for Hejduk.

Quote:
Well I'm a Duchene homer and I think he will definitely turn it around next season so I hate you for trading him.

I do like Kulikov though.....

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

vCash: 140
Hope they bring back the Duke for 1 year at 1 mill just for his shootout lethal-ness.

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Puckstop40
Registered Avs Fan

I hate this time of year. Being an Avs fan all my life it is shame how far this franchise has sunken. From the time we came to Denver in 1995 to 2003-04, it was Stanley Cup or bust. Since the lockout we have struggled greatly. However, this season I feel we have seen a glimpse of the great future this club will have. With Duchene, O'Reilly, Stastny, Johnson, Varlamov, Landeskog as the core of our team, we have a bright future. There are some needed changes with the D, and hopefully we get a new coach. It is going to be a long off season but I can't wait to see the Avalanche play next year.

Oh and, GTFO O'Brien and Sacco!

GO : GO

Puckstop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

I really hate it when career, team players come to the end of their days, and their team just walks away. It's sad and unfortunate, but that's the nature of the business. IMO, if the Avs don't resign Hejduk, and he wants to play again, someone else will want him. Vet with a ring, former captain, very good in the SO, can play with virtually anyone....

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Bah...I doubt there will be any conflict as to whether or not the Avs re-sign the Duke. I'll be shocked if he gives it another go, with the Avs or any other team.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Westville92

It is sad to see Hejduk go but it's a business happens all the time outside of hockey.. I'm 100% on not bringing succo back say what you want but the last 6 or 7 games we threw our playoff chances out the window, came out flat too many games we need a fresh start and a culture change.. Ottawa and St Louis were probly projected to finish near the same as us but new coaches (both nominated for the jack adams) have them into the playoffs.. Ok maybe the players didn't do all they could but no way in he'll Sacco did all he could and even if he did it wasnt good enough. If I was at the pepsi centre tonight I'd start a fire Sacco chant like in Toronto

Westville92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:29 AM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Quote:
Depends. What do you have on the rest of your roster? If Duchene was your only offensive player and Kulikov was adding to your Dmen arsenal of Suter, Keither or who ever you may have then bad trade.

The 2nd for Bjudy seems like a wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Kulikov might be a smooth skater but he's not OEL or Karlsson. Need something of substance if you trade a player of Duchene's value.
Seriously? I'd take Kulikov over OEL. Thats not to say I don't want OEL, I'd trade Duchene for either one, but I like Kulikov more.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Coug555

Do the Av's have a 2nd round pick this year? Didn't they trade it for a this year/next year option?

Coug555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 12:38 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug555 View Post
Do the Av's have a 2nd round pick this year? Didn't they trade it for a this year/next year option?
The Avs have their own 2nd rounder this year. The 2nd rounder in the Varlamov trade was the BOS 2nd rounder they received from Toronto in the JML trade. Washington has the option of taking that one or the Avs' 2013 2nd round pick

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

BUMP, this guy is awful.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote