Notices

New Television Contract

Old
03-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games Seen: 13

vCash: 1495
New Television Contract

I was going to post this after the game against the Jackets until the incident happened...but has anyone heard any rumblings at all on the new TV contract for new year and beyond?

Our current deal expires at the end of this season (believe this is the one that was with the Rangers when it was agreed upon, but could be wrong), and haven't heard a word about any of it since I believe either October or early November.

Last heard the Stars were pushing hard for most, if not all, of the games to be on FSSW.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2014, 04:26 PM
BigG44
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
All I could find was the story you mentioned.

Quote:
A richer television deal is near-ready, and would kick in next season. The Stars make some $12-million a year from their current Fox Sports contract, a figure that is set eclipse $20-million, similar to an increase the network handed the Los Angeles Kings.
Not relevant, but fascinating note about Rangers. Didn't realize they did this:

Quote:
Making money comes down to winning. Five years ago, when the Rangers weren’t winning, their ballpark was half-empty. Now the team has the fifth-highest attendance in baseball. Cuban produced an NBA winner in the Mavericks and the basketball team has been a top draw for a decade.
Also interesting:

Quote:
In the throes of bankruptcy, Gaglardi paid $267-million for the Stars and half of the American Airlines Center. A bargain, perhaps, but the losses were enormous.

“A guy said, ‘You got a deal,’” Gaglardi said. “I was like, ‘No, I just paid too much, that’s why I got it.’ But did I pay too much? Ask me in five or 10 years.

“Frankly, if we get this thing fixed, you’re going to look back and say, ‘Wow, you bought that franchise and half of that building for that, that’s a hell of a deal.’”

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote