HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Muller wanted to be head coach of the Hamilton Bulldogs

Old
04-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Muller wanted to be head coach of the Hamilton Bulldogs

http://translate.google.ca/translate...26prmd%3Dimvns

Quote:
Muller wanted the position of head coach of the Hamilton Bulldogs of the AHL.
Quote:
"I wanted to become head coach in the NHL, I knew there was a process to follow," he said Tuesday, before the game between the Carolina Hurricanes and Ottawa Senators.

He did not ask the moon. He wanted a role in the organization, to ensure that the development of young players in Hamilton. In Montreal, he had lost his place because his philosophy did not match that of Martin.

Quote:
"That I do not know. But one can always speculate on the subject, the fact remains that the reality is that the Canadiens had nothing to offer me last summer. I had to look elsewhere. "

One can imagine that Geoff Molson and Gauthier probably would not have suffered much criticism from fans because Muller, former Canadiens player, assistant coach, still enjoyed a certain popularity and also the confidence of skaters team.

Except it did not fit into the country club Gauthier.

And in this respect, it was the same in the country club of Martin.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Miller Time

thankfully the Gauthier era is done.

cue the apologists trying to come up with some other excuse as to why Gauthier was justified in pushing Muller away.

Organizations, hockey or otherwise, are only as good as its people. Great organizations find, train, keep great people...

sadly, for the past few years, our management team was too 'smart' to keep quality people like Muller in the fold

I hope Molson really has learned something from this cluster-******* of a season.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:47 PM
HCH

Gauthier was worse than I imagined

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:51 PM
sheed36

I read this earlier and I couldn't believe that the Habs had nothing to offer Muller.. I suppose it was a blessing that he left since he might have been the guy thrown under the bus instead of RC this year..

This team was run by a bunch of morons this year and thankfully they're now gone..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:52 PM
keepcalmandbeninja

A new dawn is upon us...Muller and many others have been passed over in the adoption of the Montreal Senators mantra...

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:54 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 61
I am speechless

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I read this earlier and I couldn't believe that the Habs had nothing to offer Muller.. I suppose it was a blessing that he left since he might have been the guy thrown under the bus instead of RC this year..

This team was run by a bunch of morons this year and thankfully they're now gone..
I don't think so .I think Kirk would have been in favor with Quebec,all he would have to have said is i will try to learn and that would have been it ,3 year deal .

Kirk's well liked by Montreal fans .

It just sicking to see another guy cast off due to Martin , Gauthier.

Will pay for this for year to come .

Old
04-06-2012, 12:04 AM
OneSharpMarble

Funny how the hypocrits in here are angry at Gauthier but wanted the habs to keep Martin at the time.

*Gauthier fires Martin*
"Gauthier sucks! Martin was the best part of this team!"
*Turns out Muller wanted to stay but didn't fit into Martins style*
"Gauthier sucks for not firing Martin earlier!*

Muller was the stick that stirred the drink, Martin was a plug from the beginning. He should have never been extended. If you want to "thank" someone thank gainey for saddling this team with Martin and "thank" the public for whining about having a french coach.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:07 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Is this surprising? I mean, seriously. Are you guys surprised? I'm so frigging happy to be done with the Gauthier/Martin experiment. They made it seem like Muller left when really he was pretty much forced out. How the eff do you not have a spot for a guy like Kirk who bleeds Habs...won a cup here, captained the frigging team and knows what it's like to play and coach here.... We push him out for the Senators brigade. I feel ill.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I don't think so .I think Kirk would have been in favor with Quebec,all he would have to have said is i will try to learn and that would have been it ,3 year deal .

Kirk's well liked by Montreal fans .

It just sicking to see another guy cast off due to Martin , Gauthier.

Will pay for this for year to come .
I think you're right.. Muller was really liked and things would've probably been different if he was in RC's place instead..

I still believe that Muller's departure was one of the reasons why the Habs struggled this year.. I'm sure the players knew what went down between Muller, Martin and PG and they weren't happy.

Old
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Funny how the hypocrits in here are angry at Gauthier but wanted the habs to keep Martin at the time.

*Gauthier fires Martin*
"Gauthier sucks! Martin was the best part of this team!"
*Turns out Muller wanted to stay but didn't fit into Martins style*
"Gauthier sucks for not firing Martin earlier!*

Muller was the stick that stirred the drink, Martin was a plug from the beginning. He should have never been extended. If you want to "thank" someone thank gainey for saddling this team with Martin and "thank" the public for whining about having a french coach.

I might be as simple as MULLER was being viewed as a THREAT to Martin ....

Old
Maliki2

Glad PG, BG, and JM are all gone. They couldn't get far enough away from this franchise!

Hopefully some day Muller can be brought back. But we let so many good people walk because of the above morons. I hope they never come back to this organization.

This organization is in shambles. I don't see it being fixed anytime soon. It will take years to get it back in order.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Glad PG, BG, and JM are all gone. They couldn't get far enough away from this franchise!

Hopefully some day Muller can be brought back. But we let so many good people walk because of the above morons. I hope they never come back to this organization.

This organization is in shambles. I don't see it being fixed anytime soon. It will take years to get it back in order.
I'm convinced PK SUBBAN was on ship out of town train , if Martin stuck around .

Old
04-06-2012, 12:13 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post

Such a poorly run team for so many years.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:15 AM
TheBuriedHab

Jesus. So happy this management is gone.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:17 AM
hockeyman*

Gauthier... argh.

hockeyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:19 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman View Post
Gauthier... argh.
I'm sure JM had his hands in Muller being let go as well so I blame him also..

Old
04-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Jesus. So happy this management is gone.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...rtin-weighs-in

Quote:
Martin, who was general manager of the Florida Panthers before Bob Gainey lured him north to coach the Canadiens, also suggested hed like to be interviewed by Serge Savard for the vacant GMs position. He thinks a new GM should be in place a month before the June 22 draft.

Old
04-06-2012, 12:33 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
news article? i don't see any links whatsoever...

anyways, i heard the muller interview when he was on hockey central @ noon a month or two back, and they asked questions about him and the canadiens and he skirted the questions well but he really seemed dumbfounded about why gauthier never contacted him. he sounded a bit pissed off to be honest.

sort of like when robinson's agent contacted the habs to ask if they needed a defensive coach (we did), and his agent said he never even got an answer back.

argue over his trading record and it's mediocre to bad, but gauthier was a pod-person and i am ****ing glad this era is over

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:37 AM
hockeyman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I'm sure JM had his hands in Muller being let go as well so I blame him also..
JM... argh.

hockeyman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 12:45 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

anyways, i heard the muller interview when he was on hockey central @ noon a month or two back, and they asked questions about him and the canadiens and he skirted the questions well but he really seemed dumbfounded about why gauthier never contacted him. he sounded a bit pissed off to be honest.

sort of like when robinson's agent contacted the habs to ask if they needed a defensive coach (we did), and his agent said he never even got an answer back.

argue over his trading record and it's mediocre to bad, but gauthier was a pod-person and i am ****ing glad this era is over

It's from here..

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...t-pas-le-choix

Old
04-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

I posted JD website through Google translator, French to English

Just click the link , scroll down on the right hand side you will see

Yvon Pedneault
"Muller had no choice"

Old
04-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Et le But

It's clear Gauthier was absolutely atrocious at the political side of things and I hope our next GM is far better at personnel management.

Anyway, the damage is done. Can we please move on.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Beendair Donedat

Are you guys just learning this now? Come on this was clear as day. Gauthier set this franchise back a long way. Ears was rotten as well. Muller a former cup winning captain of the franchise was tossed for those two... Muller is owed an apology for taking their fall.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 01:53 AM
BlackStar

Sigh, that's terrible. I'm glad Gautheir is no longer with this team. HOWEVER, guys we DODGED a huge bullet! I really like Muller, but had he coached Hamilton this year he would be the front-runner for the coaching job next year and I am not sold that he is best possible coach for this team, yet.

So as much as I wanted him as the coach of the Bulldogs, this is a blessing in disguise.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote