HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Series Talk - WCQF - #4 Nashville Predators 4 vs #5 Detroit Red Wings 1

Old
04-08-2012, 08:35 PM
predatorsfan2015

vCash: 500
I'm so excited, while at the same time so very...very nervous. We have never been as good as we are this year, and I'm confident in our team. Nevertheless, we are still playing the Wings. The Wings haven't been good down the stretch, but if anyone in the NHL could flip a switch and turn it on, it would be the Wings. It seems like a lot of people are expecting us to go very far, and if we don't, we might be set back a bit. So, this series is so important for the present and the future of the Nashville Predators.

Home-Ice Advantage is very important in this. We are better on the road than Detroit. Also, we have much better depth, and thats where I think the series gets won...
alas,

Preds in 6

(((i do believe if we have to go to a Game 7, the Wings win. So, lets just finish off ASAP, eh Preds? )))

predatorsfan2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 08:59 PM
albator71

Sens fan here, I just want to wish you guys luck versus Detroit, I picked the Preds in 6.

You guys have one hell of a team and have a real chance of winning the cup this season. After everything this franchise have gone through I hope Nashville wins it all this season you guy deserve it.

albator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Predatorbill

vCash: 50
Only way I could make it show. Actual picture from game 4 Wings/Pens SCF.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pens Wings Game 4 2009 008.jpg‎ (24.1 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Predatorbill: 04-08-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:24 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predatorbill View Post
Only way I could make it show. Actual picture from game 4 Wings/Pens SCF.
But then you have to wear a Wings jersey. Yuck.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Predatorbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
But then you have to wear a Wings jersey. Yuck.
That's not me.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:55 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorsfan2015 View Post
I'm so excited
Rebecca Black has us all covered.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post
Please explain how it is a rivalry? Predators have never beat the Wings in the playoffs and have finished ahead of Detroit in the standings 1 time. The Predators are Red Wing rivals like the Coyotes are Red Wing rivals. Being in the same division does not automatically = being rivals. Rivalries are bred in the playoffs IMO.
I get that but from our perspective if Detroit isn't a rival then no one is. I mean we're only 13 years old, only just recently became a stable franchise and clearly don't have the history and playoff traditions of other teams. If Detroit fans don't think it's a rivalry that's fine, but from over here it is because our standards are different. We've made the playoffs 7 times and this will be Detroit for the 3rd of those 7. Throughout those years, us and the Wings have been the best overall teams in the division. From what we have, it's a rivalry.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:08 AM
predwings

Interesting stat: The last road win over any playoff team by Detroit was on December 26th against us. They've essentially gone 3 full months without a road win against anyone in the playoffs.

Also, this will be the first ever playoff series that I do not get to attend at all. Having moved to Las Vegas in the last year, ended my run of being able to see at least 10 home games for the Preds also. I only saw 1 game this year .

Anyways, since I won't be there you guys gotta be extra loud for me while I'm holding it down out here in Vegas. Maybe I'll put a little money on the Preds to win it all .

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 07:49 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Predators in 5. Wins in games 1, 2, 3, and 5.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:04 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
Interesting stat: The last road win over any playoff team by Detroit was on December 26th against us. They've essentially gone 3 full months without a road win against anyone in the playoffs.

Also, this will be the first ever playoff series that I do not get to attend at all. Having moved to Las Vegas in the last year, ended my run of being able to see at least 10 home games for the Preds also. I only saw 1 game this year .

Anyways, since I won't be there you guys gotta be extra loud for me while I'm holding it down out here in Vegas. Maybe I'll put a little money on the Preds to win it all .
or take my tactic: bet a modest amount against the preds.. that way I either have "bought" the Preds a win or at least I make some money

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:11 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:

as is being discussed on the SCP board, that's not EXACTLY true. The Red Wings have several road wins in the last few months...but all were in OT or SO.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:24 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Cheers guys, good luck on your playoff run!

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:30 AM
Shea Weber

Preds in 5.

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Nitrous Mafia

if they sell standing room only seats, when would those go on sale?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 09:49 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
if they sell standing room only seats, when would those go on sale?
i'm sure they will, they did for that last preds\hawks game. official attendance was 17,388

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:16 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Last shootout win on the road against a playoff team was 4 April @ STL. Last OT win on the road against a playoff team was 8 January @ Chicago. Dec 26 was their last road win in regulation.

The Wings went 8-10-4 on the road since New Years .... four of those wins in the shootout. They have a losing record at home over the last six weeks of the season. A dangerous team if they get it back together, but, not a dominant team right now by any stretch of the imagination.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:16 AM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

What's up with all the Arsenal fans in here? Loved you guys winning yesterday...should've been 3-0

YNWA ;^)

F Detroit.

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:24 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:56 AM
67coach

Wings fan, coming in peace......

Anyone that says this is not a rivalry doesn't know their hockey. There is friction between these two teams, there are rumors regarding players leaving Nashville and coming to Detroit (not saying any of those are true). Rumors cause friction, friction causes rivalries.

Is anyone else thinking that this series is just be one of those that could go 7 games and it could go 4 games?

I can see every game being decided by one goal and if one team just gets the lucky bounces over the other it could be done in 4 but it also could go 7 games with multiple overtimes.

Anyway, good luck to you guys and great job on the teams progress over the past few years.

See ya Wednesday!!!!

67coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:57 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:

The Wings beat the Blues 3-2 (shootout) on 4/4/12 in St. Louis...

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Legionnaire11

work is slow so I've been off since Saturday morning... won't go back until Friday...

Waiting for Wednesday night is already unbearable.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:20 AM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

Just reading stuff on the Wings board ramps up my hatred for them. Apparently, the Preds were "annihilated" by the Canucks last year in 6 games. I can't wait for Wednesday.

FlexinMyPeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:20 AM
NoNecksCurse

I think if detroit puts us out this year and next year in a similar position we are bounced in the first round..i think trotz is gone. hope it dont come to that and we just win...

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:27 AM
landman1

FYI, I have one extra ticket for Wednesday's game 1 and possibly 2 for game 5. Sec 106 Row P Seat 7. Message me with contact info and I will respond. NOTE: If you are a Red Wing Fan no need to message requesting this ticket.

landman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Qui Gon Dave

I'm thinking the Preds win it in 6. The first two games will be split, the next two will be split and then the Preds edge two close games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cju1979 View Post
What's up with all the Arsenal fans in here? Loved you guys winning yesterday...should've been 3-0

YNWA ;^)
COYB

IMWT

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote