Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

SELF or TEAM ?

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2004, 03:33 PM
FREE DENTAL CARE

vCash: 500
SELF or TEAM ?

HERE'S THE SITUATION -- You are positioned in front of the net and one of your defencemen takes a shot from the point. You deflect the the puck and it goes past the goalie and into the net for a goal. After you finish your celebration, the puck is collected from the referee because the d-man has (what appears to be) his first career goal. However, between periods, the team statistician (who watches video and analyses all scoring plays for g, a's, =/-, etc.) comes up to you and asks about the play. He has seen you'r tip-in and wants to correct the scoring. What do you do? Is this obvious? I'm not sure, but I am interested in your thoughts.

Old
11-28-2004, 03:57 PM
novak

Retire from hockey

Old
11-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Frankie

if i'm the defenseman, i want my teammate to take credit if he did tip it into the net. i want my first goal to be a real goal.

Old
11-28-2004, 06:28 PM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie
if i'm the defenseman, i want my teammate to take credit if he did tip it into the net. i want my first goal to be a real goal.
ditto.

Old
11-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Hawkhead

Same I don't think its selfish to take the goal in this situation

Old
11-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Sideline

If I tried to tip it in then it's my goal. If it bounced off of my stick I'd probably let it go.

Old
12-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Dion Mustard*

Depends more on the situation.

With video replay, the kid may see the goal later on and realize it's not his, and not want to take it. In that case, I might make it easier on him and make the decision for him. If there is no replay, and it doesn't or won't really effect my stats (ie 50 goals, bonuses, etc), then I let him have it.

In all honesty, I don't care who scores, as long as we did score. I myself during my minor hockey career haven't been credited for goals I have scored, and never said a word. I have also corrected an official when I have been given a goal I didn't get.

It's really about what is best for the team. The puck went it, who cares who scored it. But if it made that kid happy, then let him have his moment.

Old
12-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Mustard
Depends more on the situation.

With video replay, the kid may see the goal later on and realize it's not his, and not want to take it. In that case, I might make it easier on him and make the decision for him. If there is no replay, and it doesn't or won't really effect my stats (ie 50 goals, bonuses, etc), then I let him have it.

In all honesty, I don't care who scores, as long as we did score. I myself during my minor hockey career haven't been credited for goals I have scored, and never said a word. I have also corrected an official when I have been given a goal I didn't get.

It's really about what is best for the team. The puck went it, who cares who scored it. But if it made that kid happy, then let him have his moment.
I'd definitely want you as the captain of my hockey team...

Closed Thread