HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The "Accidental" UFA

Old
04-08-2012, 08:41 PM
newham89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Mikkelsson has been ineffective? We must be looking at different players, he's doing fine. Really hope he's back next year.

Aulie has been great the past handful of games.

I agree about Lee.

I expect all 3 to be in the Tampa organization next year.
I like his game, but he faded down the stretch. He reminds me of hedman-lite in the way that he is big but seldom uses his size at all.

I just think that with the improvements needed to be made on our back end, he is the easily upgradable one.

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Wpgpage

Jets could be interested in Comeau their forward depth is terrible on the right side, its Blake Wheeler and then....Chris Thorburn??? Flames at a 2013 5th for his rights?

Wpgpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Brule might be worth it.

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 02:33 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/158275195.html

"I know I won't get a qualifying offer," Latendresse said. "I'm 100 percent sure about that. It's pretty obvious with my last two years."

06-09-2012, 02:40 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpgpage View Post
Jets could be interested in Comeau their forward depth is terrible on the right side, its Blake Wheeler and then....Chris Thorburn??? Flames at a 2013 5th for his rights?
If we are going to let him go then DEAL! But I am hoping we resign him and give him a year to rebound before giving up on him.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/158275195.html

"I know I won't get a qualifying offer," Latendresse said. "I'm 100 percent sure about that. It's pretty obvious with my last two years."
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
If we are going to let him go then DEAL! But I am hoping we resign him and give him a year to rebound before giving up on him.
if the Quote above is true, I would let Comeau walk and take a chance on Latendresse

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 03:34 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restricted_free_agent
RFA Qualifying offers
The current team must extend a "qualifying offer" to a restricted free agent to retain negotiating rights to that player.

Players who earned less than $660,000 in the previous season must be offered 110 percent of last season's salary. Players making up to $1 million must be offered 105 percent. Players making over $1 million must be offered 100 percent.
  • If the qualifying offer is not made, the player becomes an unrestricted free agent.
  • If the player rejects a qualifying offer, he remains a restricted free agent.
  • If the player does not sign before December 1st, he is ineligible to play in the NHL for the remainder of the season.
IMO, those at risk of not getting qualified:

PlayerPosTeamAgeCap Hit
Wolski, WojtekFFLA26$3,800,000
Comeau, BlakeFCGY26$2,500,000
Fehr, EricFWIN26$2,200,000
Raymond, MasonFVAN26$2,550,000
Brule, GilbertFPHO25$1,850,000
O'Reilly, CalFPIT25$1,050,000
Latendresse, GuillaumeFMIN24$2,500,000
Mueller, PeterFCOL23$2,000,000
Barker, CamDEDM26$2,250,000

Anyone of these players who you think shouldn't be on this list? Anyone you who you think is missing from this list?
I am curious if the "Players making over 1M" rule includes just the players salary or if it includes the bonuses as well.

Like with Duchene making over 3.2M including bonuses but .900 in salary.

I would guess it would only be counting his actual salary. It does not matter he will get way more than .900M or whatever but I am just curious.

I can see that giving teams even more power because players couldn't just rest on their Q/Os because it would be significantly less than what they actually made.

Like in Duchene's case.. His Q/O would be somewhere around 1M so he couldn't just sign a qualifying offer for just one year ensuring he made at least 3.5+ million. Then just going ballz out at another try for a contract year.

The teams really do have all the power when it comes to RFAs. The team could basically say "We think your worth 4M for the 4 years left of RFA status you have. Take it or sit on the bench". Especially if a team has cap space limiting the chances of another team making an offer sheet.

Kyle Turris learned that lesson the hard way.. He will be a scary example as what happens to a RFA putting up a fight going forward.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 03:38 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
if the Quote above is true, I would let Comeau walk and take a chance on Latendresse
Why? Because Latenedresse admitted he has had 2 bad years? I think Comeau has a higher upside and would rather keep him.

Old
06-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Not sure really bad really does justice to his play. I don't see a chance the Oilers bring him back even if it was for free.
Ouch

Cam really has been an absolute waste as an NHL player at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
-Barker, Cam: I'd be shocked to see the Oilers qualify or re-sign him. It was an interesting experiment but his injury precluded any big development. Showed some promise at the start of the year, so someone might yet coach it out of him but I'm expecting it won't be in Edmonton. Could be an interesting gamble for a team like Detroit.
Cmon Detroit ,, Roll the dice on Cam

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Why? Because Latenedresse admitted he has had 2 bad years? I think Comeau has a higher upside and would rather keep him.
I think you are taking the quote wrong because you are unfamiliar with his injury struggles the past 2 years.

Its in clear reference to his injury troubles as he has only played 27 games over 2 years (severe groin injury in the 1st year and a concussion in the 2nd), however his production (8g/15pts) was good considering how little he played.

I like Comeau and I know you have seen me defending him but I love the size Latendresse brings, maybe there is a way to get Guillaume and sign Comeau and put one on our 4th line?

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 03:48 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
I think you are taking the quote wrong because you are unfamiliar with his injury struggles the past 2 years.

Its in clear reference to his injury troubles as he has only played 27 games over 2 years (severe groin injury in the 1st year and a concussion in the 2nd), however his production (8g/15pts) was good considering how little he played.

I like Comeau and I know you have seen me defending him but I love the size Latendresse brings, maybe there is a way to get Guillaume and sign Comeau and put one on our 4th line?
I want Comeau on the 4th to begin with and let him work his way up the lineup.

Old
06-09-2012, 04:13 PM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I am curious if the "Players making over 1M" rule includes just the players salary or if it includes the bonuses as well.

I would guess it would only be counting his actual salary. It does not matter he will get way more than .900M or whatever but I am just curious.

I can see that giving teams even more power because players couldn't just rest on their Q/Os because it would be significantly less than what they actually made.

Like in Duchene's case.. His Q/O would be somewhere around 1M so he couldn't just sign a qualifying offer for just one year ensuring he made at least 3.5+ million. Then just going ballz out at another try for a contract year.

The teams really do have all the power when it comes to RFAs. The team could basically say "We think your worth 4M for the 4 years left of RFA status you have. Take it or sit on the bench". Especially if a team has cap space limiting the chances of another team making an offer sheet.

Kyle Turris learned that lesson the hard way.. He will be a scary example as what happens to a RFA putting up a fight going forward.
It goes by base salary; no inclusion of bonuses (although, if you're pulling in the performance bonuses, you're probably not terribly worried about getting qualified haha)

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 04:29 PM
SoupyFIN
#freePirri

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Wolski, I guess it depends on how he's done in Florida and whether they need to reach the cap floor again... however I think even that's a long shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Wolski is a maybe, the rest are solid No's, IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I can't see Florida matching 3.8M
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
-Wolski, Wojtek: Has fit in pretty well in Florida. I could see the Panthers offering him a deal in the $2-3 million range. He should accept it, too, I'd think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus MacGyver View Post
Id like to see wolski resigned for short term 1 or 2 years, but not for what hes making now. 2-2.5 and Id feel happy with the terms, plus i dont think theres much for him to gain by rejecting an offer like that
Other than being good for the first 5 (don't recall the exact number, but it was under 10) games, Wolski brought nothing to the table. And I mean NOTHING. He wasn't even good in the shootout which was supposed to be his specialty. There's a reason why Dineen benched him for the whole 7 games of the Devils series.

I'll be shocked if he gets over a million from any team, more likely KHL bound.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 05:04 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Ouch

Cam really has been an absolute waste as an NHL player at this point

Cmon Detroit ,, Roll the dice on Cam
Be careful what you wish for....

BeersHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 05:16 PM
rypper

raymond was good awful last season and I hope he's in any other jersey then a canucks one next season.

rypper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

Quote:

Just base salary.

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 06:56 PM
DJOpus

Quote:

PlayerPosTeamAgeCap Hit
Wolski, WojtekFFLA26$3,800,000
Comeau, BlakeFCGY26$2,500,000
Fehr, EricFWIN26$2,200,000
Raymond, MasonFVAN26$2,550,000
Brule, GilbertFPHO25$1,850,000
O'Reilly, CalFPIT25$1,050,000
Latendresse, GuillaumeFMIN24$2,500,000
Mueller, PeterFCOL23$2,000,000
Barker, CamDEDM26$2,250,000
I know you said "at risk".

I'd take Raymond, Mueller, and Latendresse at those salaries.

Comeau is a maybe - depends on how his defensive game has rounded out.

Given David Jones' contract, I'd basically take any potential 15 goal, 30 point scorer who can play a good two-way game and PK or a potential 25 goal, 50 point non-PK guy for under $3M on the 3rd line...I think as the cap rises, the price of good 3rd liners will go up significantly...top guys seem to almost be capped out at under Ovechkin ($9.5M), Crosby and Malkin ($8.7M each) while cap teams have $7M more to spend.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Al Lagoon

As mentioned in the Latendresse article citer earlier, he wants to stay in Minnesota. If the Wild don't qualify him, he could easily make a splash elsewhere.

He's fully recovered from his concussion, and I expect a monster season from him. He could be a nice pickup for someone, though I hope he stays in Minnesota.

Al Lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeersHockey View Post
Be careful what you wish for....

Cam Barker can barely skate , Let alone play the game of hockey

If he was on Wings I would be overjoyed

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 01:36 PM
PensFreak

Latendresse is such a skilled player. If he can get a chance somewhere else he could score 20+ again

PensFreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 01:40 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post
Barker is toast with the Oilers

Oilers D

1) whitny
2) Petry
3) Smid
4)Schultz
5)
6) Potter/Sutton/Peckham/Fedun

Number 5 spot is open--but they have 3 to 5 guys in the system that will get a look

Teurbert looks to be ready and if the Oilers draft Murrey at the draft that just adds to things. Oilere will be looking to add a d-man who can play 20mnutes a game
Forgot Fedun. He has just as much chance of making the team as Peckham or Potter. It actually wouldn't surprise me if Peckham doesn't get an offer either. Teubert is probably just as good as he is now, and we have too many contracts, so I could see the Oilers letting Peckham walk if they can't trade him.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I could see the Preds letting Jack Hillen walk.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:12 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
You guys do realize that each of these players can be signed by their current clubs at lower prices before July 1st - which is probably what is going to happen to a guy like Raymond. Canucks could offer him a 1 or 2 year deal at $2 million a season to help motivate him a bit.

If the offer is 2 million, I could see Raymond going for it, but if it's anything less, he's better off waiting a week and testing the free agency market.

blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:13 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

Quote:
No. Just Paragraph 1 Salary in final year of the expiring SPC - no bonuses.

kdb209 is online now   Reply With Quote