HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Russia

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Right now it looks like the coach knows more than we know(Isn't it how it schould be anyway?). His decisions on personnel are spot on. I will wait till the end of the tournament with absolute praise or critisizm but right now I don't see any obvious wrongs with the guys on the roster.
Choices have been surprising, such as the 1st line, but so far it's working...

Old
05-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
I haven't seen any Russia games so

this and how Dats and Kuznetsov have played out there?
Kuznetsov is a little bit of a diva it seems to me. And God knows it's the wrong place to be one playing on the NT on a line with the one and only Datsyuk. The youngling should accept his role as an understudy. He's to used to being the superstar in Chelyabinsk or on the U20 NT. There was one scene in today's game whre instead of passing to Datsyuk he did the datsyukian trick with playing the puck of the back of the net to trick the defenceman. It worked, it didn't look as good as the original though- But the point is: we need goals, not fancy tricks by Kuznetsov trying to impress Datsyuk. Once Kuznetsov accepts there is much more to Datsyuk's greatness than just the magic hands and learns the datsyukian attitude too, they could be as deadly as any combo out there.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Hockeysemin

Malkin is great 12 points in 5 games

Old
05-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Kuznetsov is a little bit of a diva it seems to me. And God knows it's the wrong place to be one playing on the NT on a line with the one and only Datsyuk. The youngling should accept his role as an understudy. He's to used to being the superstar in Chelyabinsk or on the U20 NT. There was one scene in today's game whre instead of passing to Datsyuk he did the datsyukian trick with playing the puck of the back of the net to trick the defenceman. It worked, it didn't look as good as the original though- But the point is: we need goals, not fancy tricks by Kuznetsov trying to impress Datsyuk. Once Kuznetsov accepts there is much more to Datsyuk's greatness than just the magic hands and learns the datsyukian attitude too, they could be as deadly as any combo out there.
Well, at the same time you can ask why Datsyuk hasn't shown anything this far too? Kuznetsov still has some nice assists, like today... So it's not like he's only one to blame. Maybe they both play too individual, one to impress the other, the other cause he thinks he is better and shouldn't bother with including Kuznetsov in his plans...

I still don't know why Tarasenko isn't playing... they obviously don't know how to use him, he's a great sniper, give him linemates that will pass the puck to him and there'll be goals. Sure you can talk about Eurotour and he didn't show anything but eh... I still think they just don't know what to do with him.

Old
05-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Well, at the same time you can ask why Datsyuk hasn't shown anything this far too? Kuznetsov still has some nice assists, like today... So it's not like he's only one to blame. Maybe they both play too individual, one to impress the other, the other cause he thinks he is better and shouldn't bother with including Kuznetsov in his plans...

I still don't know why Tarasenko isn't playing... they obviously don't know how to use him, he's a great sniper, give him linemates that will pass the puck to him and there'll be goals. Sure you can talk about Eurotour and he didn't show anything but eh... I still think they just don't know what to do with him.
You don't seem to know much about how Pavel really is... Otherwise I have no explanation for these comments on his play.

And I know why Tarasenko isn't playing. It's 7:3, you know. If you don't make the stew, don't stir it. The coach has his reasons. Your love for Tarasenko won't win us games.

Last edited by Atas2000: 05-12-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old
05-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post

I agree that he is a dangerous player, but Tarasenko is not himself on this level. But the reason they Don't use him (yet!) is because there are others who can do what he does, and play better defensively.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:51 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Any chance Barulin ever comes over? Would like to see how how he would fare in the NHL.

05-12-2012, 12:04 AM
SidTheKid8787

Geno. Best in the world right now. On the big ice, it's like a playground for him. He looks so relentless and strong out there. Kudos to Sid and Mike Kadar for showing him how to prepare. Can't wait to see what Sid and Geno do for a whole season, hopefully.

Old
05-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
Geno. Best in the world right now. On the big ice, it's like a playground for him. He looks so relentless and strong out there. Kudos to Sid and Mike Kadar for showing him how to prepare. Can't wait to see what Sid and Geno do for a whole season, hopefully.
Mike Kadar - yeah, but what does Crosby has to do with Malkin's genius? Crosby lovers are so predictable. It's always Sid. There must be a cure for this obsession.

Old
05-12-2012, 01:30 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Any chance Barulin ever comes over? Would like to see how how he would fare in the NHL.
He's signed for 3 yrs with Kazan. Seems ulikely.

Old
05-12-2012, 02:08 AM
SidTheKid8787

Quote:
Mike Kadar - yeah, but what does Crosby has to do with Malkin's genius? Crosby lovers are so predictable. It's always Sid. There must be a cure for this obsession.
Do you even read his interviews? He attributes Sid, on showing him the way via Sid's renowned preparation and training to improve his game. Just google around.

ETA: Some examples:

Who is the hockey equivalent of Lionel Messi?

"For me it is Crosby and Datsyuk. I only see Datsyuk as an opponent. But I can say a lot about Crosby because we are together at practices, I see him in the locker room, I see how he works very hard, how he is dedicated to hockey. And all of his victories, all of his awards came to him through the sweat and very hard work. He is very talented, but the way he works on himself — I don't think I have seen anyone who lives hockey like he does."

Also in my post i said "how he prepares." Nothing about his actual god given talents.

Last edited by SidTheKid8787: 05-12-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old
05-12-2012, 02:59 AM
kiluj

lol
Quote:
Сулил доселе грозный швед, что русским он доставит бед, что гол забив пойдет в разнос, но вот итог- поломан нос! На сердце грусть, на фэйсе "вава", ну вот... еще одна Полтава.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:03 AM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
kiluj, haha great

Old
05-12-2012, 03:38 AM
Den

Well, leave the nose alone guys...

Old
05-12-2012, 08:02 AM
canuck2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
If Radulov wants to make a lot of money, he will sign in the KHL. If he wants to play in the NHL, it doesn't really matter what he does in the World Championships.
Good player but I think he needs to clean up his act.

Old
05-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
how on Earth do we play Ryasensky, the guy is such crap player this year...
No one else left. Kalinin is suspended for 3 games, and Emelin is suspended for tomorrow's game.

Old
05-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Peter25

Why was Ryasensky selected above Korneev and the two Belovs?

Old
05-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
Why was Ryasensky selected above Korneev and the two Belovs?
One of the Belovs stuck in a doping scandal. Korneev was diclared very out of shape by the coaches.

I think Chudinov, despite the size would be a valid choice. But Bill knows better and so far results are good.

From what I understand, Ryasenski can make a safe play and follows orders

Old
05-12-2012, 09:04 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Will Russia call Ovechkin&Semin now?

Old
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Foreign goalies are limited in the amount of time they can play in the KHL, putting good Russian goalies at a premium. Im sure he is making much more in the KHL than anyone would sanely offer him to cross the pond. It surely seems like he is one of the top few Russian born goalies right now though, I think he would be a solid goaltender in the NHL.

Old
Fulcrum

Ovi and Syomin to the team? Would be nice...

Old
05-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

I don't like the idea of calling to AO and Syomin.
Two dead tired players who will need several days to acclimatize and several games to adapt to ZHB's system (and these games will be in playoffs!), lines will need to be broken (maybe we won't lose much regarding lack of scoring from Datsyuk's line, but still). I'm not sure Alexanders will be able to help the team.

Old
05-12-2012, 09:38 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Two dead tired players who will need several days to acclimatize and several games to adapt to ZHB's system (and these games will be in playoffs!), lines will need to be broken (maybe we won't lose much regarding lack of scoring from Datsyuk's line, but still). I'm not sure Alexanders will be able to help the team.
Ovechkin could help if they put him on that line and tell him to shoot.

The question is do they want him after 5 GP 0 Pts last year?

I think Ovechkin with Datsyuk and Kuzya will be good because he will be the clear shoot first player that the line could use.

Or do they look at the Ovechkin who had 11 goals in the last 13 regular season games while being unleashed, or the 5 goals in 14 GP leash Ovi.

Old
05-12-2012, 09:55 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
What about Orlov?

Old
05-12-2012, 10:04 PM
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DegenX View Post
What about Orlov?
I doubt Bill will call a player who never played in his team, hasn't played in playoffs and hasn't proved himself on the highest level yet. Even despite our weak defense.

Closed Thread