HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Russia

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
  #126
jdgrozda
Registered User
 
jdgrozda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Shirokov is a dangerous forward and stood out for most of the season with CSKA. He was on the top line for most of eurotour and has done at least better than everyone else on the team(except Radulov, Zherdev). But most importantly Bilyaletdinov seems to trust and hope in him, that's why I think he has a good chance.
Nice to hear! Looking forward to watching him play again

jdgrozda is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 01:02 AM
  #127
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
North American hockey has ruined Ovie, but he has himself to blame. So which is it?
He was implying that North American style of professionalism is what ruined Ovi.

Until recently, in some teams in Russia, the players are sort of told what to do for most of the day. How to train, they are fed systematically and so on. They follow a regime and that is how they reach great conditioning and develop their skills.

In NA, things are different- players have to work on themselves and if someone has bad habits (ie. Ovi's love for junkfood) these habits eventually ruin the players.

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 05:29 AM
  #128
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Zaripov, Kulikov not going with the team due to injuries.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 05:33 AM
  #129
magnus svensson*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Kulemin - Kulikov - Malkin
Zaripov – Tereschenko – Zherdev
Putin – Burmistrov – Datsyuk
Shirokov - Shipachyov – Perezhogin

magnus svensson* is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 05:36 AM
  #130
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
If Caps get eliminated, can Ovie and Semin still join the team?
Yes, they can. NT coach quoted today saying he'll leave 3 roster spots open for NHL players.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 05:38 AM
  #131
magnus svensson*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
Yes, they can. NT coach quoted today saying he'll leave 3 roster spots open for NHL players.
Nice! new list: (when caps gtets eliminated:


Kulemin - Kulikov - Malkin
Zaripov Semen Zherdev
Ovechkin Burmistrov Datsyuk
Shirokov - Shipachyov Perezhogin

magnus svensson* is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 05:46 AM
  #132
Peter25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
North American hockey has ruined Ovie, but he has himself to blame. So which is it?
Both.

Peter25 is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 05:56 AM
  #133
Slitty
Registered User
 
Slitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,850
vCash: 500
Current practice lines:

Kuznetsov-Malkin-Burdasov
Kokarev-Svitov-Shirokov
Kulemin-Tereshenko-Zherdev
Popov-Burmistrov-Perezhogin
Tarasenko-Shipachev-Ketov

Emelin-Kalinin
Korneev-Nikitin
Denisov-Medvedev
Biryukov-Nikulin
Ryasensky


Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
What about Kulikov? Any news?
He has a knee injury.

Slitty is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 05:56 AM
  #134
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulle View Post
This is how my team would look like after EHT games. (I want Anisin on the team too but apparently coach don't like him)

Zherdev-Datsyuk-Kuznetsov
Kulemin-Malkin-Tarasenko
Zaripov-Tereschenko-Perezhogin
Shirokov-Shipachyov-Ketov
Burmistrov

Nikulin-korneev
Kulikov-Kalinin
Emelin-Denisov
Nikitin-Medvedev

Varlamov
Barulin
Kuznetsov-Malkin-Burdasov
Kulemin-Tereschenko-Zherdev
Popov-Burmistrov-Perezhogin
Ketov-Shipachev-Tarasenko

are today's skate lines.

Nikitin-Korneev
Emelin-Kalinin
Denisov-Medvedev
Biryukov-Nikulin

the pairings.

Zaripov is injured. Kulikov too(a very-very-very tough loss for this roster).

3 spots will remain open for NHLers. Tough to say but I will root against NJ now. Pulling for Bryz anyway. You gotta love Mr.Universe. We need a defenceman badly. Denisov,Medvedev, Biryukov are the guys I'd gladly see replaced. Ufortunately it looks like only Volchenkov could be avalable after 2nd round. LA looks pretty solid agains STL and I wish them and Voynov all the luck in the PO. WSH is probably eading into a 7 game series again and I don't know if Orlov is already mature enough.

On the offence we still have plenty of options to replace guys on that roster I personnally don't like.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 06:00 AM
  #135
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitty View Post
Current practice lines:

Kuznetsov-Malkin-Burdasov
Kokarev-Svitov-Shirokov
Kulemin-Tereshenko-Zherdev
Popov-Burmistrov-Perezhogin
Tarasenko-Shipachev-Ketov

Emelin-Kalinin
Korneev-Nikitin
Denisov-Medvedev
Biryukov-Nikulin
Ryasensky

He has a knee injury.
Ryasensky is out for me. As well as the whole Kokarev-Svitov-Shirokov line. All the buzz about Shirokov came after his successful EHT-performance on the line with Radulov. Credit goes to Radulov, not Shirokov or Zubov for that matter.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 06:00 AM
  #136
magnus svensson*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Any updates on Zaripov ?

magnus svensson* is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 06:01 AM
  #137
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus svensson View Post
Any updates on Zaripov ?
injured

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 07:22 AM
  #138
Macman
Registered User
 
Macman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
He was implying that North American style of professionalism is what ruined Ovi.

Until recently, in some teams in Russia, the players are sort of told what to do for most of the day. How to train, they are fed systematically and so on. They follow a regime and that is how they reach great conditioning and develop their skills.

In NA, things are different- players have to work on themselves and if someone has bad habits (ie. Ovi's love for junkfood) these habits eventually ruin the players.
Ovie's biggest problem IMO is his predictability. He does the same things all the time -- in particular trying to do too much on his own -- and opposing players know it. I think you're kidding yourself if you believe NA teams don't advise and direct players on their off-ice lives and habits, including in-season and off-season workout regimens. And I'm pretty sure Russia has junk food.

Macman is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 09:02 AM
  #139
Russian Spy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Day of Open Doors

Team Russia's HQ

photos here - http://www.championat.com/photo/hock...s-zaripov.html


copyright of championat.com

Russian Spy is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 11:49 AM
  #140
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Spy View Post
Day of Open Doors

Team Russia's HQ

photos here - http://www.championat.com/photo/hock...s-zaripov.html


copyright of championat.com
Hilarious Malkin! The right shoes make you look perfect, always!


Atas2000 is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 08:46 PM
  #141
Ziostilon
Registered User
 
Ziostilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,362
vCash: 500
u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macman View Post
Ovie's biggest problem IMO is his predictability. He does the same things all the time -- in particular trying to do too much on his own -- and opposing players know it. I think you're kidding yourself if you believe NA teams don't advise and direct players on their off-ice lives and habits, including in-season and off-season workout regimens. And I'm pretty sure Russia has junk food.
From what I understand, in Russia. You are actually scheduled at exactly what time you'll be working out.

In NA they advise you and give you the whole package before you leave for summer. Whether you follow and enact what they tell you to do is your problem

I feel like there's more of a holding your hand factor in Russia. There's someone to crack the whip when you step out of line. In NA, you have to be a self motivator. They don't crack the whip until you show up at training camp

Ziostilon is offline  
Old
05-01-2012, 11:49 PM
  #142
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
u

From what I understand, in Russia. You are actually scheduled at exactly what time you'll be working out.

In NA they advise you and give you the whole package before you leave for summer. Whether you follow and enact what they tell you to do is your problem

I feel like there's more of a holding your hand factor in Russia. There's someone to crack the whip when you step out of line. In NA, you have to be a self motivator. They don't crack the whip until you show up at training camp
spot on, until recently. Now it's changing similar to NA

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
05-02-2012, 01:34 PM
  #143
Xokkeu
Registered User
 
Xokkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Frozen
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 4,466
vCash: 500
Can I ask some of you who follow the Russian team and KHL what you all think Tarasenko's role on the team will be this year?

Xokkeu is offline  
Old
05-02-2012, 01:56 PM
  #144
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,736
vCash: 500
Where's Datsyuk?

mindfly is offline  
Old
05-02-2012, 02:20 PM
  #145
Dares
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Where's Datsyuk?
Dats goes directly to Sweden he joins the team there.

Dares is offline  
Old
05-03-2012, 12:27 AM
  #146
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Can I ask some of you who follow the Russian team and KHL what you all think Tarasenko's role on the team will be this year?
Depends on him still. He hasn't put up any points for NT, but he's been somewhat dangerous. Anywhere from 2nd-4th line, scoring winger with same responsibility as any other forward defensively. Probably won't see A LOT of PP time, but should see some.

From his KHL season- he can explode any game and be a game breaker, he just hasn't shown it for NT yet. But he could break-through during WC.

Fulcrum is offline  
Old
05-03-2012, 03:39 AM
  #147
Acallabeth
Play fair, post fair
 
Acallabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Kemerovo, Russia
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,260
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xokkeu View Post
Can I ask some of you who follow the Russian team and KHL what you all think Tarasenko's role on the team will be this year?
Whatever his role and ice time will be, he is very dangerous.

Acallabeth is offline  
Old
05-03-2012, 04:15 AM
  #148
russianhockey
Registered User
 
russianhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,157
vCash: 500
Bodrov, Vishnevskiy und Burdasov was dropped.
now its also official that the team will keep free 3 spots for more nhl-players.

russianhockey is offline  
Old
05-03-2012, 10:18 AM
  #149
CH79
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Vole View Post
Ok so now we have a better picture of who's available, I would go with.

Tarasenko-Malkin-Kuznetsov
Zaripov-Datsyuk-Morozov
Shirokov-Shipachyov-Zherdev
Tikhonov-Burmistrov-Kulemin
Anisin

Markov-Emelin
Kulikov-Nikulin
Nikitin-Gonchar
Kalinin

Nabokov
Eremenko
Varlamov

*Has there been official word on Markov? I watched him finish the season with the habs and he was starting to regain his form. I have a gut feeling he will play.

Markov will likely play for the national team as I recall for the 2010 Olympics, he was on day-to-day before the tourney and still suited up. Unless he's extremely concerned about his knees acting up, I think he will be there, but no confirm-deny reports to my knowledge.

CH79 is offline  
Old
05-03-2012, 10:32 AM
  #150
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
spot on, until recently. Now it's changing similar to NA
Patterning training, conditioning and practices after NA would be a mistake, in my opinion. Russian players need more intense and disciplined training to make up for the gap in the number of years that they have played organized and disciplined hockey, in comparison to NA players. What made Russian hockey outstanding at one time, IMO, was the unique regimen of conditioning and practice that made Russian teams stand out for their ability to play at an extremely high pace, and to coordinate passing and combinational play. Without those elements, Russian hockey lacks its unique elements. I am not advocating a return to Soviet training methods, but for the money that KHL players make, it shouldn't be asking too much to have them work harder than their NHL counterparts to improve their games.


Last edited by Yakushev72: 05-03-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: To clarify my statements
Yakushev72 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.