HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Czech Republic

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2012, 05:34 AM
Erathian

vCash: 500
So, what do you guys think about Kvapil situation?

Old
04-27-2012, 05:57 AM
DrunkElkCZ

vCash: 377
I don't know what exactly was between Had and Kvapil but this time my sympathies are with Hadamczik. According to some articles Kvapil just couldn't stand some criticism about how he played at previous EHTs. If he was a right bloke, he would throw it behind him and show everyone that he is a great player and deserves his national jersey and not just whining in the press about it

Old
04-27-2012, 06:48 AM
Kesid
The House of Penguin

Well, I know that Hadamczik was pretty hard on young guys when he was coaching Vítkovice (especially Káňa, Roman, Kvapil or Svačina) and I think he treats Kvapil in NT like he did in club before.

Kvapil had a poor tournament so Hadamczik did what he supposed to do. Unfortunately he did it only with Kvapil, because he knows him more than others. I don't think he treats other that hard just because he doesn't know them that well. And that's wrong...

Just for the record - i'm not big fan of Kvapil, he has great skills, good playmaker, but he lacks effort and defensive responsibility and if he can't play in top two lines, he is useless (like Nedvěd) so we're better without him.

Old
04-27-2012, 08:20 AM
zorz

Crazy thing is that Had somewhere mentioned that he could also put Krejčí with Plekanec on the same line. I was like when I read it. Looks like he wants Nedvěd on the team at any cost. Lojzo, please don't do that!!

Old
04-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Kesid
The House of Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Crazy thing is that Had somewhere mentioned that he could also put Krejčí with Plekanec on the same line. I was like when I read it. Looks like he wants Nedvěd on the team at any cost. Lojzo, please don't do that!!
Actually they're pretty good together in NHL EHM .... oh, wait

Old
04-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Rexor

Kvapil can go ******* himself. A whiny little brat. We don't need him anyway, skilled forwards aplenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password View Post
Your team looks really good. Especially forwards. Might be a serious contender for the gold medal this year.
Not sure about this, it looks good upfront but our defense is weak and Štěpánek is average at best. Yes, we won in 2010 but it was with Vokoun in the net.
Any medal would be a huge success imo.

Old
04-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Erathian

I am not a fan of Had at all. I agree with all that Kesid said. Like usually, I think the truth is somewhere in the middle.

When I heard about Krejci, I was thinking about who will be our first line center and then I heard about the idea of them playing together. And yeah, that smilie also express my feelings

Old
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
jbeck5

What are the chances of Filip Kuba and/or Milan Michalek playing?

Old
04-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
What are the chances of Filip Kuba and/or Milan Michalek playing?
Pretty good for Michalek. Waiting for the final medical tests to join the team per Czech media.

Not sure if Kuba was asked.

Old
04-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Kesid
The House of Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Not sure if Kuba was asked.
Yeah, he was, unfortunately he is without contract for next season so he doesn't want to risk it - it's the same thing like Hudler and Pavelec.

Old
04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

According to eliteprospects, it's Nedved's first WC appearance. Howcome?

Old
04-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Swipes

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
According to eliteprospects, it's Nedved's first WC appearance. Howcome?
The main reason perhaps is because he played for Canada at the Winter Olympics in 1994. Which meant that he couldn't play for the Czech national team for another 4 years and would then would have to play in the Czech Extraliga for another 4 years....something along those lines I think, not entirely sure. Plus his personality has always been a bit problematic so that could also be a reason.

Old
04-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Swipes

Quote:
Yeah and I'd leave Nedvěd out, but Hadamczik probably won't do that.

Hadamczik will keep him on the team as 'veteran presence' I think, which is something I think he was talking about at the beginning of the season. He won't leave him out.

Old
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Swipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
Kvapil can go ******* himself. A whiny little brat. We don't need him anyway, skilled forwards aplenty.
Yeah, Kvapil sounds like he just can't take criticism. Having said that, Hadamczik's constant comments on how "X player owes me so much because I made him the player he was" are getting more than tiring and are often complete nonsense!

EDIT: He's still better than Ruzicka though, who managed to piss more people off (Prucha, Vrbata, Hudler etc).

Last edited by Swipes: 04-27-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old
04-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Swipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password View Post
Your team looks really good. Especially forwards. Might be a serious contender for the gold medal this year.

Fleischmann joining the team?
People call me pessimistic (and I guess I am) but I don't think we can contend for gold without an NHL calibre goaltender (Pavelec). Plus our defense is weaker than last year (R.I.P Rachunek, no Zidlicky-even though he's more of an offensive D, Skoula is probably not going to come and no Michalek).

EDIT: If we end up winning gold, I will bump this thread myself

Old
04-28-2012, 03:54 AM
Erathian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
People call me pessimistic
I would call you realistic So may be I am also pessimistic

And if we end up winning gold, I....nevermind, not gonna happen

Old
04-28-2012, 04:21 AM
DrunkElkCZ

vCash: 377
Pessimistic or realistic whatever... who in the name of all hockey gods thought that Czechs would win the 2010 WC?
And most of the people were realistic when they said, that we'll be humiliated but everyone know how it ended

Old
04-28-2012, 05:29 AM
joey16

So, as expected.. Michalek will join our team, Fleischmann is injured.

Old
04-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Swipes

Terrible game by our guys today. They looked like they just couldn't be bothered. They were skating so so slowly, the defense was horrible, the passing was atrocious and sloppy (pucks were regularly just thrown in any direction hoping to find a recipient) and Stepanek really ought to have saved some of the goals he let in. Nedved needs to go, his stick fauls will cost us. If our guys just can't be bothered to play, then they just shouldn't be there. Finland weren't that much better, but looked like they wanted it a little more.

EDIT: Having said that, I didn't see the first period, so I dunno how we played there.

Last edited by Swipes: 04-28-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old
04-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Erathian

Well, I didn´t see the first period, so I am not impressed at all. I was disappointed by some guys. I thought they are fighting for WC spot, but sometimes it was just like ordinary friendly match.

And I'm not confident in Stepanek at all. That first goal...that just can't happen. He was shaky.

Old
04-28-2012, 09:43 AM
zorz

We terribly miss some PMD But on the bright side, we finally lost a game, I'm happy for Swipes ()

PS: I'm praying they send Nedved home, but still don't see it happening.

Last edited by zorz: 04-28-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old
04-28-2012, 11:17 AM
zorz

btw. Záruba is going downhill very fast. He was awful today. Not only that his commentating skills are regressing, but he also talks total rubish all the time. I'm seriously thinking about turning the sound off for the future. They change people reading the news every couple of years, maybe they should do the same with sport reporters at least once in 10 years too.

Old
04-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Swipes

Quote:
We terribly miss some PMD But on the bright side, we finally lost a game, I'm happy for Swipes ()

PS: I'm praying they send Nedved home, but still don't see it happening.
Hahahaha, good on you

But I think you misunderstood me, I get worried when we win all the group games in the tournament before the QF/SF not when we win all games before the tournament starts. Just for the record

Old
04-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Swipes

Quote:
btw. Záruba is going downhill very fast. He was awful today. Not only that his commentating skills are regressing, but he also talks total rubish all the time. I'm seriously thinking about turning the sound off for the future. They change people reading the news every couple of years, maybe they should do the same with sport reporters at least once in 10 years too.
Fortunately I was watching a Finnish stream. I can't understand Canadians complaining about some of their hockey commentators, they are so much better than all of ours! I think the worst commentator I heard was a British guy commentating the WC for IIHF.com. That was hilarious!

Goalie-wise I wish we had the opportunity to test Petr Mrazek. Maybe he wouldn't have been as good as Stepanek, but I'd be really interested to see how he would do. After all, Stepanek was in goal for his first ever QF with no experience, so I wouldn't be afraid to try Mrazek (if he was on the team).

Old
04-28-2012, 11:42 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Fortunately I was watching a Finnish stream. I can't understand Canadians complaining about some of their hockey commentators, they are so much better than all of ours! I think the worst commentator I heard was a British guy commentating the WC for IIHF.com. That was hilarious!

Goalie-wise I wish we had the opportunity to test Petr Mrazek. Maybe he wouldn't have been as good as Stepanek, but I'd be really interested to see how he would do. After all, Stepanek was in goal for his first ever QF with no experience, so I wouldn't be afraid to try Mrazek (if he was on the team).
The worst I've ever heard are STV commentators (Slovak TV). I saw 1 CZE-SVK game on STV stream last week and I thought Zaruba will be ok after that experience, but even that didn't help today.

Closed Thread