HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Czech Republic

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2012, 05:50 AM
  #201
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkElkCZ View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o20Ku_jjx3M

This is first part and there are eight parts on YT. But only in Czech language. I hope someone will make English subtitles so others can enjoy it as well
yeah, especially Russians

zorz is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 06:07 AM
  #202
DrunkElkCZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brno, Czech Rep.
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
yeah, especially Russians
Yeah great video for Russian anger management courses.

DrunkElkCZ is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 07:55 PM
  #203
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 863
vCash: 1600
I wish Had would add Vincour and Koukal to the team. We need guys who make more of an effort, i.e. "bojovnost"

Swipes is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 12:00 AM
  #204
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
I wish Had would add Vincour and Koukal to the team. We need guys who make more of an effort, i.e. "bojovnost"
We need Polak and Sobotka, because let's face it, the Blues are not coming back from 0-3

zorz is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 09:05 AM
  #205
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 863
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
We need Polak and Sobotka, because let's face it, the Blues are not coming back from 0-3
Forgot about them. They would also be very useful!

Swipes is offline  
Old
05-06-2012, 07:37 PM
  #206
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 863
vCash: 1600
Sobotka and Polak are free to join the national team! WOOP! That is, if they pass through the health check-up.

Swipes is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 12:19 AM
  #207
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
Sobotka and Polak are free to join the national team! WOOP! That is, if they pass through the health check-up.
Not sure if Lojza will want Sobotka.

joey16 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 04:35 AM
  #208
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
Not sure if Lojza will want Sobotka.
And you were right, he's not interested in Sobotka. to je debil

zorz is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 05:11 AM
  #209
DrunkElkCZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brno, Czech Rep.
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
And you were right, he's not interested in Sobotka. to je debil
Megafacepalm... Yet another young player who played very well defensively in the playoffs and would fit perfectly into 3th or 4th line and for penalty kills.

But wait I forgot we already have prospects in the lineup, like Vondrka, Tenkrát and Nedvěd so we don't need Vincour or Sobotka

DrunkElkCZ is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 05:19 AM
  #210
Kesid
The House of Penguin
 
Kesid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkElkCZ View Post
Megafacepalm... Yet another young player who played very well defensively in the playoffs and would fit perfectly into 3th or 4th line and for penalty kills.

But wait I forgot we already have prospects in the lineup, like Vondrka, Tenkrát and Nedvěd so we don't need Vincour or Sobotka
Yeah and we save the last spot for the best defensive forward in history - Jaromír Jágr. Who needs young, fast players with aggression, when we can outscore them with our boring style of hockey, right?

Too bad Hašek didn't play this season, he would be our no. 1 goalie.

Kesid is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 05:27 AM
  #211
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
Yeah and we save the last spot for the best defensive forward in history - Jaromír Jágr. Who needs young, fast players with aggression, when we can outscore them with our boring style of hockey, right?

Too bad Hašek didn't play this season, he would be our no. 1 goalie.
Jágr would be useless right now.
1) he's not playing well
2) we don't need player like him to improve our game

but Lojza is evidently mad, so I fully expect him to call Jagr. I hope JJ is sane enough to decline.

zorz is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 05:47 AM
  #212
Mirinho
Registered User
 
Mirinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Jágr would be useless right now.
1) he's not playing well
2) we don't need player like him to improve our game

but Lojza is evidently mad, so I fully expect him to call Jagr. I hope JJ is sane enough to decline.
Jagr won't join ...

he many times said he'll join only if he'll have enough time to prepare himself for WCH and if he'll have good feelings (about current form, help to czech team etc.)

Mirinho is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 05:51 AM
  #213
Kesid
The House of Penguin
 
Kesid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Jágr would be useless right now.
1) he's not playing well
2) we don't need player like him to improve our game

but Lojza is evidently mad, so I fully expect him to call Jagr. I hope JJ is sane enough to decline.
Yeah, but Polák didn't play very well either. Also I heard rumours he played with injury...

Kesid is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 06:53 AM
  #214
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 863
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
And you were right, he's not interested in Sobotka. to je debil
x10000000. I mean, I understand that as a spectator and supporter of the national team the coach isn't going to pick all the players I want in the team and that's fine. But if he ignores a considerable number of players that most people believe should be there, then something is definitely wrong.

Oh and what really pisses me off are those czech fans on fb who say: "if you think you know better then why aren't you there?" every time you dare to criticize Had and call his coaching into question.

Swipes is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 07:09 AM
  #215
DrunkElkCZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brno, Czech Rep.
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
x10000000. I mean, I understand that as a spectator and supporter of the national team the coach isn't going to pick all the players I want in the team and that's fine. But if he ignores a considerable number of players that most people believe should be there, then something is definitely wrong.

Oh and what really pisses me off are those czech fans on fb who say: "if you think you know better then why aren't you there?" every time you dare to criticize Had and call his coaching into question.
I can sing under your entire comment. I'm also very curious how the lineup would look if there was different coach on the bench.

DrunkElkCZ is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 07:57 AM
  #216
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 761
vCash: 500
Expected it but still, don't understand it.

joey16 is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 08:14 AM
  #217
cibtom
:(
 
cibtom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Tampere
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 431
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to cibtom
Vincour should be in the team instead of Vondrka. We need these kind of players.

cibtom is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 11:58 AM
  #218
Erathian
Registered User
 
Erathian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
No Sobotka? He is exactly what we need. I'm loosing my faith. I want to see Vincour in line up next match. Lojza, wake up!

Erathian is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 12:12 PM
  #219
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
x10000000. I mean, I understand that as a spectator and supporter of the national team the coach isn't going to pick all the players I want in the team and that's fine. But if he ignores a considerable number of players that most people believe should be there, then something is definitely wrong.

Oh and what really pisses me off are those czech fans on fb who say: "if you think you know better then why aren't you there?" every time you dare to criticize Had and call his coaching into question.
yeah I alwas wonder how is that possible that we here on HFb agree alaways on almost everything, but on the czech sites, there is always at least 50% of people talking complete rubbish.

zorz is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 04:48 PM
  #220
Kesid
The House of Penguin
 
Kesid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
yeah I alwas wonder how is that possible that we here on HFb agree alaways on almost everything, but on the czech sites, there is always at least 50% of people talking complete rubbish.
I think it's because they know only basic stuff - like we won 2 of 3 games so we're not that poor or Tenkrát scored a goal so he cannot be that bad, right? Nedvěd has 2 assists so he has to be great too.

They do believe we can repeat our miracle from 2010, when we played poorly in preliminary group and then won the gold. Also they say we have inexperienced team, while we have one of the oldest team in the tournament. Or my favourite one - when we used to be great in preliminary group, we failed so it's better to play without any effort and suck now and then in QF just simply play better. Well, guess what? If players aren't going to hit somebody, drive the net or be more responsible in D right now, then they're not going to do it in QF. There's no switch button, you have to do it every day, every practise...

Kesid is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 05:20 PM
  #221
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
I think it's because they know only basic stuff - like we won 2 of 3 games so we're not that poor or Tenkrát scored a goal so he cannot be that bad, right? Nedvěd has 2 assists so he has to be great too.

They do believe we can repeat our miracle from 2010, when we played poorly in preliminary group and then won the gold. Also they say we have inexperienced team, while we have one of the oldest team in the tournament. Or my favourite one - when we used to be great in preliminary group, we failed so it's better to play without any effort and suck now and then in QF just simply play better. Well, guess what? If players aren't going to hit somebody, drive the net or be more responsible in D right now, then they're not going to do it in QF. There's no switch button, you have to do it every day, every practise...
bad thing is that Hadamczik seems to be thinking exactly like these people who know only basic stuff...

zorz is offline  
Old
05-07-2012, 05:47 PM
  #222
Kesid
The House of Penguin
 
Kesid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
bad thing is that Hadamczik seems to be thinking exactly like these people who know only basic stuff...
He selected Nedvěd as player of the game against Norway, it says a lot ...

Kesid is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 04:18 AM
  #223
Rexor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brno
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
It's only Sobotka folks, no big deal. Do people really think he's going to throw out two hits and our team's performance magically improves? Plus, it's difficult to play this kind of game on the big ice, see USA or Canada.

Rexor is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 04:21 AM
  #224
DrunkElkCZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brno, Czech Rep.
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesid View Post
He selected Nedvěd as player of the game against Norway, it says a lot ...
Perhaps Nedved needed a new Tissots

Now we can have Erat. I think he'll be good if he played with the same power style as in Nashville. But I'm afraid that if he came, he would play the same figure skating style as it is now

DrunkElkCZ is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 04:33 AM
  #225
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,955
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor View Post
It's only Sobotka folks, no big deal. Do people really think he's going to throw out two hits and our team's performance magically improves? Plus, it's difficult to play this kind of game on the big ice, see USA or Canada.
of course he's not a difference maker. But Hadamczik himslef admitted it was a questionable move not to invite Sobotka even for EHT last year. This year he blanks him again. This is not the best way to treat the players. I wonder if Sobotka will ever come to play for us when we need him in the future.

zorz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.