HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Looking to get into coaching in the south florida/miami area...

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2005, 01:06 AM
Pensfan86

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pensfan86
Looking to get into coaching in the south florida/miami area...

Hey, I am 18 and currently play Midget AAA hockey. Next year, I am off to college, and am looking to coach (ok...more like help out as an assitant) at some level, either AA or AAA, at the bantam age and up. Although I am from Pittsburgh, Pa I have intentions of attending the University of Miami, Fl., so any coaching I would be involved in would likely have to be in the surrounding area. Obviously being a student, I would just want to be an assistant due to time constraints and a lack of income. Although I do not care to play anymore, I do not want to completely cut ties with the game either. If anyone has any information on teams that may need help in the south florida / miami area, please let me know.

thanks in advance for any help you can give

Old
02-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensfan86
Hey, I am 18 and currently play Midget AAA hockey. Next year, I am off to college, and am looking to coach (ok...more like help out as an assitant) at some level, either AA or AAA, at the bantam age and up. Although I am from Pittsburgh, Pa I have intentions of attending the University of Miami, Fl., so any coaching I would be involved in would likely have to be in the surrounding area. Obviously being a student, I would just want to be an assistant due to time constraints and a lack of income. Although I do not care to play anymore, I do not want to completely cut ties with the game either. If anyone has any information on teams that may need help in the south florida / miami area, please let me know.

If you have time on the weekends, you could probably get a job in a rec league. There are a few rinks in the area, and I'll be happy to look them up for you, if you want. But it's no pay, if that's what you're looking for, and most are only on for an hour or so on the weekends.

Old
02-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Accord

Send a message via AIM to Accord
Quote:

Talk to the youth hockey directors at both Pines Ice Arena and Kendall Ice Arena.

Old
02-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Pensfan86

Send a message via AIM to Pensfan86
thanks for both responses, to answer broadway, i am not looking to get paid, i just want to coach bantam / midget aged kids

Old
02-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Habsfan 32

Send a message via ICQ to Habsfan 32 Send a message via MSN to Habsfan 32
Do you think you will have time to coach with school and all the party? If you do it's realy nice to give some time and teach what you know about the game.

Old
02-23-2005, 10:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to 2112
Reffering is a great way to keep in touch with the game...

I'm in pretty much the same boat as you except one year older. I was playing AAA last year, went to university and the only hockey I'm playing now is shinny hockey at the rinks and on the university's intramural team.

However I'm interested in becoming a referee...because I get to keep playing (sort of) in a organized minor hockey league.

Old
02-24-2005, 06:05 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
thanks for both responses, to answer broadway, i am not looking to get paid, i just want to coach bantam / midget aged kids
If you're willing to drive a bit, you should come to my rink, IceZone. Maybe you could coach me. That'd be awesome. I'll look up a few Miami area rinks for you, since they're closer.

Closed Thread