HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs vs Habs - Season Finale

Closed Thread

Old
04-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Habitual Liar

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Habitual Liar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Isn't he your 4th string? Reimer and Gus aren't special (Gus is pretty bad imo), and this guy can't pass them. What gives? I haven't seem him play at this level, but can a 25 year old with 11 games played be that good?
He's the third string and he's been busy leading the Marlies to the playoffs for most of the season.

The results aren't entirely in yet on how good he can be in comparison to the other two, but he's definitely playing spoiler rather well at the moment.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Thrillingbroom

Quote:
Isn't he your 4th string? Reimer and Gus aren't special (Gus is pretty bad imo), and this guy can't pass them. What gives? I haven't seem him play at this level, but can a 25 year old with 11 games played be that good?
3rd string, plus he is the only one that doesn't have to go on waivers to get sent down.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Not trolling. Do the Leafs have a better goalie than Budaj at the moment?
We have the better team tho.

Old
04-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Isn't that just if we're tied in terms of points earned against each other? For example, if we played a team 3 times, and the results were:

Regulation win at home
OT/SO loss at home
OT/SO loss on the road

Then we'd each have earned 4 points, so we'd be tied in terms of "greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs." You only go to the next step of the tiebreaker if we're tied in points, ROW, and then head-to-head points, and the next step is to exclude points from the extra head-to-head game. In the above example, we would "lose" the tiebreaker, because points earned in that 1st/extra home game would be excluded. However, we AREN'T tied in head-to-head points against the Ducks, we have 2 and the Ducks have 0, so we just "win" the tiebreaker outright, with no need to proceed to the next step.

I could be wrong, but I think that's what they're saying.
If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included.

They have not played an equal number of home games...they have played 1 single game so that tiebreaker is worthless. NHL.com doesn't screw up on the standings either, it's the way it stands right now. Anaheim and Toronto results will be based around goal differential.

Old
04-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I am pretty sure they want to win the last home finale game? Who knows regardless lets hope for the best outcome.

04-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

We're gonna win. Grabo coming back against his old team, he's going to be motivated.

****. Was lookig forward to a top five pick, but good for Grabo. Nothing but heart from him.

Old
04-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I am pretty sure they want to win the last home finale game? Who knows regardless lets hope for the best outcome.
Much to the dismay of our board, the team has been showing up for home games and playing pretty well at home ''doing it for pride, the fans, the logo, etc'' considering how depleted by injury we are. So yes, they will take that attitude tomorrow. So you guys can be hopeful.

Habs are 3-0-2 at home since our last meeting in early March, 4-1-2 over the last 7 home games.

Although that could also mean they are due for a home ice stinker. Budaj has also played 3 straight strong games, he may also be due for a stinker.

Old
04-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Much to the dismay of our board, the team has been showing up for home games and playing pretty well at home ''doing it for pride, the fans, the logo, etc'' considering how depleted by injury we are. So yes, they will take that attitude tomorrow. So you guys can be hopeful.

Habs are 3-0-2 at home since our last meeting in early March, 4-1-2 over the last 7 home games.

Although that could also mean they are due for a home ice stinker. Budaj has also played 3 straight strong games, he may also be due for a stinker.
I am looking at a win-win for this game, if we win. We beat you guys again and end the season on a winning game. If we lose (which I dont like persay) we get a higher draft pick. Whatever the case is, it should be a good game.

Old
04-06-2012, 03:29 PM
The K Man

Quote:
2 one way contracts vs a 2 way contract is the problem.

Old
04-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Suntouchable13

It's always a little sad for me whenever the Leafs season is coming to end, especially if it is once again prematurely like this. I love the Jays, but I will miss my Leafs hockey for the next 5 months. Hopefully there is no lockout and they come back to work again in September.

Old
04-06-2012, 04:53 PM
leafsforlife
The Dream

vCash: 50
Lose tomorrow... win next week at the lottery!

Old
04-06-2012, 05:09 PM
usun

a must lose game.
I'm a big Grabo's fan, but he'd better stay at home.

Old
04-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Preisst
Party On!!

Lets crush the Habs and win the game!!! Oops, apparantly cuz I want the team I love to win it means I am not very smart. lol

One thing ppull need to recognize is that no matter where we end up you can automatically slot us back one spot, cuz it's pretty much a guarantee that a team with more points then us will win the lottery and budge in ahead of us in the draft.

Old
04-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Uncle Slick

This original six rivalry is the oldest.

1st Meeting: December 26, 1917
1st Result: TML win, 7-5
Last Meeting: March 3, 2012
Last Result: TML win, 3-1

Regular Season Meetings: 710
Regular Season Series: MTL leads, 335-280-88 (.476)

This season:
Oct 06, 2011, MC 0, TML 2
Oct 22, 2011, TML 5, MC 4, OT
Jan 21, 2012, MC 3, TML 1
Feb 11, 2012, MC 5, TML 0
Mar 03, 2012, TML 3, MC 1

Go Leafs Go \o/

What I'm looking forward to the most after tonight's game is, NO.MORE.ANDY. FROST!!!

Old
04-06-2012, 05:21 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Please lose in regulation.

Old
04-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Stephen

This is an automatic win for the Leafs, this is how it works. Habs are so bad the Leafs will just walk all over them and light up their backup goalie. Book it.

Old
04-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
This is an automatic win for the Leafs, this is how it works. Habs are so bad the Leafs will just walk all over them and light up their backup goalie. Book it.
If we are going to light it up, then Kessel has to score a hat trick.

Old
04-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Kessel hatty if we're going to win...

If we lose, I don't care how we lose. Just lose.

Old
04-06-2012, 05:49 PM
MarcWagz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preisst View Post
Lets crush the Habs and win the game!!! Oops, apparantly cuz I want the team I love to win it means I am not very smart. lol

One thing ppull need to recognize is that no matter where we end up you can automatically slot us back one spot, cuz it's pretty much a guarantee that a team with more points then us will win the lottery and budge in ahead of us in the draft.
umm
no its not automatic it is actually very unlikely

also would you rather drop from 7 to 8 or from 4 to 5?

we need a top 6 pick, there are 6 high potential players in the draft right now

Old
04-06-2012, 06:13 PM
HenryH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preisst View Post

It is not a smart thing to win that last game for the Leafs. Moving up a couple spots from the top 5 hurts the Leafs' chance of getting the best possible player they can get. A loss for the Leafs is ideally the most beneficial for them in getting a better player and they can most likely get a potential future #1C drafting in top 5.

If they win, it will be the most meaningless win ever and the probably the most sickening.

Old
04-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
If we are going to light it up, then Kessel has to score a hat trick.
No man, it's going to be Tim Connolly and Matthew Lombardi connecting early and often. They're going to look like the 1964 Leafs out there and walk off the ice feeling like champions too.

Old
04-06-2012, 06:20 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

An absolutely must lose game.

Old
04-06-2012, 06:30 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Hey, if you guys want the habs to win, go cheer in the habs GDT.

Old
04-06-2012, 06:30 PM
TMLOBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igy View Post
If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included.

They have not played an equal number of home games...they have played 1 single game so that tiebreaker is worthless. NHL.com doesn't screw up on the standings either, it's the way it stands right now. Anaheim and Toronto results will be based around goal differential.
I used to read it as if the teams played only one game then it would go to the goal difference as the tie breaker. Which EVERYONE seems to think is the case with the exception of Ponder. But now as I read this rule again I read it as

If two teams have not played an equal number of home games against each other then the points earned in the FIRST game are meaningless in the head to head standings with those TWO teams.

Since the Leafs won that game in regulation the ducks did not receive the loser point. The Leafs have beat the ducks in the one and only game they had this season which would mean IF they are tied in points (like they are now 80-80) it would NOT go by goal difference because the Leafs would essentially only have 78 points to the ducks 80 points!!!

Does that make sense? That would also explain why the wording states IF the teams are tied in points. So if the Leafs finished with 81 points and the ducks with 80 points they WOULD NOT BE TIED. So the points earned in their ONE game would COUNT. But if they are tied then those points are MEANINGLESS in the head to head standings!

I think I just solved this rules true meaning.

Old
04-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Captain Clutch 13

With our luck we'll definitely win this game. **** **** ****

Closed Thread