HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jumping on your bandwagon guys!

Old
04-08-2012, 07:26 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Wagon has room for anyone and everyone, welcome!
Thanks! Let's go Preds!

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 10:39 AM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
I'm jumping on the bandwagon aswell! Always had a soft spot for your team, and southern markets in general, so it's an easy choice.

Go Preds!

Romang67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:31 PM
tuozzi

vCash: 500
I'll climb on board as well now that the wild is out. Mainly cause I think Radulov is an absolute beast and I wanna see all the nay sayers eat crow..

tuozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:49 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Nashville is my western bandwagon pick.

Wish this 1st series wasn't up against the Flyers-Pens series so the Preds could get more people watching.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Sinkkunaattori
Go Waffles Go

Go Bandwagon Preds go! Since the Leafs are out as usual, I'm left with cheering for my Finnish goalies teams, hoping for a Nashville-San Jose conference final

Peks gotta channel his inner Tim Thomas this year and take all the hardware home, he's got all the right tools to do it!

Sinkkunaattori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 06:37 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The way people are jumping on the bandwagon we might need a pit crew for the wagon. Or at minimum a front end allignment.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 1505
Hey guys!

I'm a Canes fan, but I'll be hopping on the Preds bandwagon this year, that's for sure. I've got a couple of other teams I'd like to see do well, but the Preds are at the top of my list.

I may post here regularly over the next couple of weeks/months, I may not, but do know that you guys have a LOT of supporters in Caniac nation!

And, of course, because I'm a blatant bandwagon fan, forgive any sort of confusion regarding the roster or team on my part if it comes up.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Thanks, we're glad to have all of you. Have some pie!

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Bongo

I've been going to Preds games since their first season so I don't consider myself a bandwagon fan. I expect I'll be up for a 2nd round game and will certainly be there for anything following that. How can I get a ticket?

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
The way people are jumping on the bandwagon we might need a pit crew for the wagon. Or at minimum a front end allignment.
I still get to drive, right?

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 12:32 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Sure, just as long as you keep the flat screen on the Preds and any good hockey games.

Old
04-09-2012, 02:38 PM
cju1979
Radulov Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Haha that is great, but I'd like to use an actual flag to strap on my back and wave around occasionally. Someone else should go to Kinko's and print that thing out on posterboard though for the games!
Am doing as soon as I get better res pic. Trying to make a custom flag too! This design is B-A-N-A-N-A-S

cju1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:38 PM
GrinningBuddha

Oiler fan jumping aboard your fine wagon here as well. Two reasons I love the Preds:

1) You should know what it takes to beat Vancouver now. Please beat Vancouver. Pretty sure the Detroit series is yours, just please beat Vancouver.
2) Mr. Radulov bringing some creativity and spark to your team.

I dislike every other team in the west playoff picture other than LA, and they're just kinda boring. Go Preds!

I suppose in full disclosure, I should tell you that I picked up Radulov for my fantasy team late this year in the hopes that he'd light it up in Nashville, sign long term, and be a top 10 scorer in the league next year. If that happens, Nashville will be my girlfriend team for many years to come. Woot!

GrinningBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 02:56 PM
swissexpert

Quote:
Wagon has room for anyone and everyone, welcome!
Count me in too, always liked the preds. Since only one Swiss player is left, I've got no choice anyway .
Go Roman! Go Predators!

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Fighter
Legend

Another Ducks fan here, I'm on your bandwagon too. Always like yoru organization, beat the damn Red Wimps and go all the way!!!

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 05:47 PM
tuozzi

Just put in a small bet for you guys. I hope the 320€ that I'll get out of it is enough to move my rear end there to join the celebration.

tuozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:36 PM
TravisUlrich
Eternal Optimist

While I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon as a fan because my favourite team (Pens) are in it and my second favourite team (Canucks) are too, I really believe that Nashville is going to the Stanley Cup Finals this year. This is what my gut is telling me. I've taken Nashville in all my pools, and was able to grab Erat late in the annual hockey draft I go in.

Good luck guys. At the very least I for sure will be rooting for you guys to beat those damned Red Wings!

TravisUlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 03:11 PM
LightningStrikes

Go Preds!

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 03:14 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Hey Viqsi and her Gigantic Buick is useful when you have a 16 hour drive from NY state to Columbia!

Old
04-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Fedorov4HOF
Rookie User

I think I'll jump on the bandwagon team that wins this ryad.Red Wings past my favorite team, but I am also a fan of Radulov. I do not like the team from Canada, because they play a gangster style hockey rink, it is less than ours. At the very least, the United States plays with the style class, but sometimes they play like bandits, but not as much as Canada.

Fedorov4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Hey Viqsi and her Gigantic Buick is useful when you have a 16 hour drive from NY state to Columbia!
Behold all ye The Fifth Dan, more popularly known as the Buick Of Holding:

Yes, those are Jackets license plates, and yes, I posted the photo mostly for the purposes of showing off that detail.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 06:20 PM
normalpsychology

Hello All
My name is MeleeRay, some of you may remember me from my threads such as "What is the overall most attractive NHL Team", "A new format for overtimes", or "Should hitting be banned from the NHL". I am regularly a Carolina Hurricanes supporter and I am friends with that guy Anton Dubinochuk who posted above, but I come here today to introduce myself as the Nashville Predators are my #1 team for the stanley cup playoffs!!!

You may be wondering why would this guy meleeray root for the nashville predators in the stanley cup playoffs? When I first started watching hockey back in 2009 I always kept my eye a little nashville. They are a respectable organization, committed to winning, great players what's not to like? But what made me first keep my eye on them in the background? well let me tell you. I have a bit more a personal story.

In 2004 when I was 17 I became romantically involved online with 32 year old woman from arkansas. The weekend after my 18th birthday I told my parents I was going camping with friends and I took a greyhound bus to you guess it Nashville, TN, the halfway point between our locations. She took something from me u could say, or gave me something that day, a passage let us say into the world of adult hood.. Well it was quite an experience, quite the birthday present if ya catch my grift lol So you can see why nashville tennessee will always hold a special place in my heart for when I think back on my past there.

I can remember staying the first time at the Best western on division street. Cheekwood Botanical Gardens were so nice that place rules!!!, the parthenon, the aquarium restaurant in the mall. Frist center for the visual arts. I can remember walking down Demonbreun street which I never learned how to correclty pronounce crossing those train tracks and eating at Otter's Chicken that is quite a nice place there, sitting out on the patio etc. Going to an art gallery.

My parents were mad as hell when I got back but over the next few years of our off an on relationship nashville was a common destination. Many times staying at Brentwood Suites on church street. The concierge Greg was always so nice if anyone knows him tell him Hi from me.
At one point we even contemplated moving there I believe we looked at apartments in the antioch hickory hollow area I can't remember the name now though.

Another found memory I will always have of nashville is the day I saw an ad on craigslist for extras for a national geographic documentary about King Solomon titled Mysteries of the Bible: King Solomon. It asked for middle eastern typed people with darker skin. I bought spray tan and rubbed it all over myself for the part. I was a stable boy (man really with a big fake beard) and had to lead a horse and then carry on a fake conversation with another guy. Unfortunately apparently I am a horrible actor. Well first of all I had to take off my glasses and I can't see hardly anything with them so i was disoriented. Then I had to drape my robe in such a way that my tattoos would not show. Well then with my partner in the scene We were supposed to pretend to have a conversation. After multiple cuts and retakes the director finally starts yelling and comes rushing over to us yelling and throwing a fit about how unbelievable we are "Make it real!!! God damn it!!! You two need to have a real conversation!!!!"
what he didn't know is that we were actually having a real conversation. I was trying to get a job in the guys family restaurant. Well that never came to fruition but apparently i'm not even convincing when I'm being myself!! LOL Anyway I've digressed. Wish I was into hockey then as it would have been great to check out a game in person!

The other day I saw a program on Fox sports not sure what the title was but it was about the entire history of hockey in Nashville basically and it was very moving. I feel like more a part of the team now. I've been studying the roster and I know how to do the predator fangs with my hands is there anything else I should know? Also I am a big fan of the yellow jerseyes. They are bold and unique I like that a lot.

Well basically I just wanted to introduce myself i'm glad to be a part here. Some people don't know how to handle me they accuse me of being a troll but as I hope this story shows you it's just me. I'm just a regular guy just like you i just have some revolutionary ideas As you can see I have some fond memories of Nashville. I always support southern / small market teams as I hope one day we earn the respect we deserve.

Things ended with that girl and I'm now engaged to a girl who is basically the girl of the dreams So I could not be any happier but as you can see I will always hold a special place in my heart for the city of Nashville and what it meant to me during that turning point in my life. Currently I attend UNC. Other information about me is that I'm a proud owner of a cat. Nice to meet you all!

normalpsychology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 07:08 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post
nice !

Yeah hard not to cheer for Preds, awful year for Habs

Now can anyone give me advice on who will perform best for Nashville so i can take them in my playoff pool
As a die hard HABS fan I will never cheer for any other team in the NHL when the HABS are done the NHL season is done now on to the Canadian mens and womens world championship teams.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 07:25 PM
senators101

SenaPreds Alliance! Love your team, really hope you guys go all the way this year. Great start!

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote