Notices

General Stars Talk IV: The Prequel

Closed Thread

Old
04-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

vCash: 500
Glennie and Campbell both sunk Bernhardt.

As for Morrow, agree with the others, if he's identified as part of the problem he has to go even if the return isn't what you hope. Are you really turning the page if he, Robidas, and Ott are still here? I'm not sure you can pick and choose in this case. Ott may stay because of his age and contract but the older two almost certainly need to go.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:55 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Found this quote maddening:

Quote:
"You look at four straight years without the playoffs, and I definitely think you have to look at your leadership group," Gaglardi told the DMN this weekend. "I don't think our leaders were our best players down the stretch, and that's something that we need to look at to see if that was a common theme in the last four years."

That leadership core, by the way, is starting to get a little ticked off as well.

"It gets annoying," Stephane Robidas told Dallasstars.com. "I'm 35 now and there's not many years left. Every year that goes by and you don't make it, it's another year you don't make it to win the Cup and that's my goal. That's my dream. That's all we play for but every year that you miss it it's tough."

Robidas (35) is the most senior member of a dwindling group of veterans that have led this team on the ice since the last CBA negotiation. Brenden Morrow (33), Mike Ribeiro (32), Steve Ott (29) and Trevor Daley (28) remain while so many (Turco, Modano, Lehtinen, Boucher, etc) have moved on.

"It has to be looked at, because we have to make sure it doesn't happen again next year," finished Gaglardi of the leadership group.
Robidas acting annoyed he hasn't made the postseason in 4 years is laughable, considering his role in it.

Old
04-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post

Robidas acting annoyed he hasn't made the postseason in 4 years is laughable, considering his role in it.
makes me hopeful that he will waive his NTC

Old
04-09-2012, 10:56 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:

Then leave. Ask for a trade, not that hard.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:11 PM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

Quote:

Well RobiDUH if you could play defense like you use to then maybe things would be different. Ask for a trade and GTFO, Dillon will gladly take your spot.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:

I lol'd reading his quote.

So unbelievably ready to move on from him, Morrow, and Ott's era of leading this team. If it's so annoying, then don't freaking suck for the final month of the season like you have the past four seasons and make the damn post season. It's been there for the taking the past four years, even with the injuries, and they simply haven't taken it. Nothing has been learned from previous mistakes. Nothing. Other than we (our franchise leaders) put these guys so high up on a pedestal because they made one Conference Final after losing in the first round for three consecutive seasons. These are not the guys that need to be leading the team and they've proven it for four consecutive season with two (technically three) different general managers and three different coaches.

Move the hell on and get off our team if you're so annoyed with it.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
04-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Also loved that he added..

Quote:
We kind of blew it at the end. All we had to do was win our games and we didn’t do it, so it’s frustrating. There’s nothing we can do now,” he said. “All we can do is learn from what we did wrong. That just shows you how valuable points are every night, first game of the year, game 34 in Columbus or whatever, they all mean a lot. Every point that you can get you’ve got to get because that’s what happens.”
Shouldn't you of...I don't know...learned LAST SEASON? How bout the season before last? Maybe even three seasons ago?

He's talking as if this is the first time it has happened. Am just getting angry reading this quotes so probably shouldn't be reading but it's really ridiculous the way he and our other "leaders" have reacted to the same damn thing happening once again.

Old
04-09-2012, 11:43 PM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

Seems like robidas has a "whatever happens happens" mentality. It's like he doesn't realize making the playoffs is something you have to earn, it's not jut thrust upon you.

Old
04-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Hi Lobo welcome to my opinion for the last two plus seasons. So frustrating when players on this team refuse to acknowledge their own part in why this team has failed down the stretch three seasons in a row.

Old
04-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Hi Lobo welcome to my opinion for the last two plus seasons.
Have been there just as long, just don't voice it as much. But the past couple of days/weeks seeing this crap spewed out is just too much.

Most of the people on this board have wanted, at the very least, Robidas and Morrow out of here for a while.

Obviously, they're not gonna come out and say they were part of the problem as bluntly as I want them to. But I honestly think they believe the crap they say and believe that they aren't part of the problem.

Old
04-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Have been there just as long, just don't voice it as much. But the past couple of days/weeks seeing this crap spewed out is just too much.

Most of the people on this board have wanted, at the very least, Robidas and Morrow out of here for a while.

Obviously, they're not gonna come out and say they were part of the problem as bluntly as I want them to. But I honestly think they believe the crap they say and believe that they aren't part of the problem.
To be fair that's human nature I think. Most people aren't going to flat out say I sucked and my poor play helped put us in this position. They also aren't going to come out and rag on a teammate. Still there needs to be some other way to express themselves that doesn't sound like "don't look at me, I had nothing to do with it."

Old
04-10-2012, 12:58 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
To be fair that's human nature I think. Most people aren't going to flat out say I sucked and my poor play helped put us in this position. They also aren't going to come out and rag on a teammate. Still there needs to be some other way to express themselves that doesn't sound like "don't look at me, I had nothing to do with it."
True leaders would.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
O I definitely don't expect them to come out and rag on themselves or a teammate. Ribeiro's anger interview from one of the recent games...trying to remember but can't. After Calgary game maybe? Either way, whenever it was, that was as close as we're ever gonna get to someone calling out a teammate.

But to come out and say it's annoying that they haven't made the playoffs because he doesn't know how much longer he can play.....when that player has been one of the main problems.....really. Just irritating.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

In other news, Dallas Morning News reporters continue to show how stupid they are.

Quote:
On is it time to trade Brenden Morrow:

Sherrington: “I think the problem with getting rid of him is you’re already losing attendance as it is now, and he’s probably one of the most popular players on the team. If you get rid of him you better go out and make some big signings. If you don’t, it’s even going to go in more of a decline.”
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...ill-suffer.ece

Old
04-10-2012, 01:10 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Old
04-10-2012, 01:16 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Btw, this was Pierre Lebrun's final power ranking for us:

Quote:
Two seasons in a row, the Stars fall just short in the final week. Man, that hurts. A five-game losing streak to end the season? That hurts even more. Jamie Benn is a rock star, and Kari Lehtonen is for real, but GM Joe Nieuwendyk has seen enough evidence over the past two seasons that he needs to change the supporting cast. And he will.
Obviously it could just be speculation, but it sure sounds like he has some inside information he's leaning on with that statement.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

Old
04-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Bennrocks

Quote:
In other news, Dallas Morning News reporters continue to show how stupid they are.

man that is JJT level there

Old
04-10-2012, 01:35 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
anyone order a dman?

vCash: 131
Quote:

Such faulty reasoning. Yes, Brenden Morrow drives attendance trends. The tail wags the dog.

The only thing that matters is winning.

Old
04-10-2012, 01:36 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

I honestly don't get people that put Morrow up there on the level of Modano. Heck even up there with Lehtinen or Zubov.

He's done nothing outside of one playoff run.

Old
04-10-2012, 02:41 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:

If a tree falls in the forest...

Old
04-10-2012, 10:38 AM
txomisc

Quote:
I honestly don't get people that put Morrow up there on the level of Modano. Heck even up there with Lehtinen or Zubov.

He's done nothing outside of one playoff run.
Very true. He has had a nice career but he's never been anything approaching elite. He was really best suited as a 2nd line winger for most years.

Old
04-10-2012, 11:03 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
By the way, BigG, just wondering how you know which scout goes where, or who can take credit for certain picks? Just curious to see where your list came from.
It's just a theory that the official website used quotes from the primary scout (mainly outside of the 1st round).

I thought that might be the case when I noticed Johnson showing up on the Ontario picks and Churla/Holland showing up Western Canadian picks.

Old
04-10-2012, 11:57 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
makes me hopeful that he will waive his NTC
^^^

Touche'. That statement sent shivers of happiness down my spine. We may not get much for him, but ridding ourselves of $3.3M is great.

Old
04-10-2012, 12:15 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
Such faulty reasoning. Yes, Brenden Morrow drives attendance trends. The tail wags the dog.

The only thing that matters is winning.
I don't think he meant that Morrow is driving the attendance, albeit he is wrong about him still being popular amongst the fanbase. I think he means that if you're ridding yourself of him (and a couple of other players), and if you want the fanbase (esp. the STH's) to get rejuvenated before next season, you need to add players via UFA.

I just hope he didn't imply "big splash" = Suter and/or Parise.

Old
04-10-2012, 03:18 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Ralph's doing a live chat on DMN atm:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...-yours-now.ece

Closed Thread