HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 8.0

View Poll Results: what to do with the #3 pick?
Trade up to get Grigorenko (for #3 pick + player) 15 10.64%
Draft Forsberg 35 24.82%
Draft Galchenyuk 83 58.87%
Draft Murray 4 2.84%
other (specify) 4 2.84%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytennis View Post
Yes...this is what I would do...

1. Trade Subhan to Florida for Jonathan Huderdeau

2. Draft Matt Dumba 3rd or 4th overall

This would fill some holes on the team.
We would have greater presence down the middle and a more level headed
defenceman with a better team approach...less a ME player.
Bad plan.

Subban is already NHL ready and Huberdeau has been a LW in junior and WJHC.

Pass

Old
04-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Et le But

While I like Huderdeau a lot and would trade our pick for him, that trade just has too many questions.

For one, Florida loves him and might ask for more. They have their own stud young D in Kulikov, Subban might not be the type of player they are looking for.

Second, Dumba is probably a good year or so away from the NHL. Think about all the growing pains Subban has gone through, do we want to relive that when we will have similar controversy with Beaulieu and Tinordi soon? Subban is at the ideal age for what we are trying to do, still not at his peak but getting established.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Fredric Roy, an overager who had more points than Yakupov this season... and had more points than Grigorenko too.

Yes Yakupov will be a better NHL player, but overagers dominate their leagues.

For one season, and one season only, in the CHL... There isn't much difference between the 20 year old Roy than the 17 year old Yakupov. Bigger, Stronger, and with 4 years of experience in the league.

Its like Brendan Shinniman in Tri-City. Sure you know he's an undrafted player and not a top prospect, but as an overager with a little bit of talent, he dominated younger, less experienced competition.

Playing with Yakupov at 17 is not the advantage some have made it out to be.
Interesting and good info...good to know (didn't before), thanks.

------------------ -------------------

For the lottery tonight at 8pm...
Go Habs Go!! (good luck to us!!)
(do well at the lottery tonight!! if not, let's at least hope we stay at 3rd overall).

Watch it be an 8th worst team again (like New Jersey last year) win it and go from 8th to 4th!!!!

Old
04-10-2012, 07:18 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Button seems to think Grigorenko is the best fit for us if we are #3, good compliment to DD and Pleks he adds.

Not what I expected to hear, I must say.

No Forsberg talk so far.

Typical Yakupov is sort of like Bure/Gaborik comparison and Galchenyuk reminds him of Ron Francis talk too.

And it ends. Gotta admit I was wrong, lol.
Grigorenko would be my choice,but apparently Timmins likes Galchenyuk.Galchenyuk worries me due to his injury and LV this year and I didn't see much of him last year sort of like Forsberg just highlights and the WJC's.My thinking is with Markov and Emelin to help either Russian player they will learn good habits.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Bad plan.

Subban is already NHL ready and Huberdeau has been a LW in junior and WJHC.

Pass
If Subban is not NHL ready, then...who is?! Besides Captain Gorges our D-Corps is so ****ed without Subban!! Subban gets 25minutes per game and there is a reason for this. Who else (besides Captain Gorges of course!) can log 25minutes per game...I can't wait for mature and ready Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis...1 yr and a half away?

Subban:
I'm a huge Subban fan and hope none of those rumors are true (locker room problem, very cocky with teammates or not liked by many teammates, too aggressive in practices!,etc,etc,etc!!), and if they are true (rumors)...I hope another Hal Gill type can come along and mentor and humble Subban to be more down-to-earth so that everyone can be a happy family. Or, Subban will mature and be more humble with time...or the rumors are not entirely true!!

We need another Subban...trading Subban...NO ****ing way (if it were up to me).

You have to make an offer I cannot refuse to trade Subban, for (crazy!) example...Dumba + M-E Vlasic + J.Demers FOR Subban (yes I know...0% chance of this happening and may not even make sense!). In other words...we're keeping Subban!

Old
04-10-2012, 07:26 PM
TheBuriedHab

Grant McCagg is gonna be on tsn 990 in a few mins to talk prospects if anyone is interested.

Old
04-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
From having seen him multiple times during the year, Yashin and Kozlov make a lot of sense.

Ouch!! Don't post this for the June Draft IF we draft Grigo!!
(not a fan of Yashin and Kozlov).

Galchenyuk for me pretty please!! (3rd overall).
Dumba if we're drafting 4th (unless Galchenyuk is not taken yet...I'd be very surprised).

Yakupov or...Galchenyuk for 1st overall. That's how high I am on Galchenyuk.

1. Yakupov (too bad he's not a center)
2. Galchenyuk (the center we need...Hossa and Toews)
3. Dumba (Subban and a bit of Doughty in him)

Old
04-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I would want Galchenyuk unless Forsberg blows me away at the U-18. I had Galchenyuk ahead of Grigorenko for quite a long time now. And Forsberg as been right up there as well. Forsberg plays great and I'm on the bandwagon for either Galchenyuk OR Forsberg ahead of Grigo.

Besides, while it might not be apparent, and we go with needs for a centerman, there will be interesting candidates in round 2.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I would want Galchenyuk unless Forsberg blows me away at the U-18. I had Galchenyuk ahead of Grigorenko for quite a long time now. And Forsberg as been right up there as well. Forsberg plays great and I'm on the bandwagon for either Galchenyuk OR Forsberg ahead of Grigo.

Besides, while it might not be apparent, and we go with needs for a centerman, there will be interesting candidates in round 2.
While watching tonight's CTV news (sports) there was a small segment on Yakupov (and the usual about how great he is) and...Forsberg. There was a hockey expert being interviewed (forgot his name) and he said Forsberg is similar to Mats Sundin (Toronto is going for him ...also because they won so much with him! ).

What is driving me nuts is...a spots commentator was saying that Forsberg is a center or can play center...everything I've read says Forsberg is a winger...would hope he is a center if Timmins' selects him...

Old
04-10-2012, 08:07 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
While watching tonight's CTV news (sports) there was a small segment on Yakupov (and the usual about how great he is) and...Forsberg. There was a hockey expert being interviewed (forgot his name) and he said Forsberg is similar to Mats Sundin (Toronto is going for him ...also because they won so much with him! ).

What is driving me nuts is...a spots commentator was saying that Forsberg is a center or can play center...everything I've read says Forsberg is a winger...would hope he is a center if Timmins' selects him...
Just out of curiosity, do you write comics? Are you Todd McFarlane? Just asking because I picture you saying these things with a voice bubble over your head especially the way you put emphasis on words. TWD style.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

On Hockey360 they interviewed four NHL scouts(For quebec) and the four we're very clear : Grigo has no grit.

Low blow for the lover.

We need Filip.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Papa_Bear_21

Funny, all this talk about Grigs and yet 10 NHL scouts serveyed by Bobby Mac have him still at #2. And he calls Forsberg a winger.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

**** off man
**** that ****

Old
04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
vokiel
No trades with EDM

Let's trade for #1

Old
04-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Et le But

Columbus will take Galchenyuk before Grigorenko.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:21 PM
brunosevigny

Edmonton picks first again!

Old
04-10-2012, 08:23 PM
brunosevigny

That probably makes Yakupov available by trade but what would it take to land him?

Old
04-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Papa_Bear_21

Wow Edm wins the lottery. I think they look to trade out of the spot. But how does it affect the number 2 pick?
I say Columbus is pretty f*ing relieved and will probably pick forsberg to replace Nash. Thoughts?

Old
04-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Galchenyuk is ours!

Old
04-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you write comics? Are you Todd McFarlane? Just asking because I picture you saying these things with a voice bubble over your head especially the way you put emphasis on words. TWD style.
LOL!! not sure you're making fun of me but that's ok if you are since it's good to make light of things, and...can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at, right?!! TWD style...what is this again?!

Comics...no but I am a wanna-be writer!! (working on it!).
Comics...not a bad idea! but not as easy at it looks! ( and you need to draw well enough or hire someone who can draw well!).

No, I'm not McFarlane!! is he the Garfield cartoonist? I forget but that name is so very familiar and I should know it!

BTW, when the heck will we know the lottery draft results and order...8:45? 9pm?!! I thought we would know by now!!

EDIT: Oilers won lottery

Old
04-10-2012, 08:25 PM
goforit

So... now that the Oils are picking 1st again (W*F!?).

Do you guys think that they'll take Yakupov, trade down or keep their first and go for needs with Murray?

I think they will take Yakupov and I think that it means that two of the four forwards will be gone at our turn. That sucks. I'm pissed about it...

I hope that Forsberg will be available..

Old
04-10-2012, 08:28 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

I hope we offer a package to EDM that would allow us to get both Yakupov and Galchenyuk. That package would need to include a top D (Beaulieu/Subban and Pleks, etc).

Old
04-10-2012, 08:29 PM
vokiel
No trades with EDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post
So... now that the Oils are picking 1st again (W*F!?).

Do you guys think that they'll take Yakupov, trade down or keep their first and go for needs with Murray?

I think they will take Yakupov and I think that it means that two of the four forwards will be gone at our turn. That sucks. I'm pissed about it...

I hope that Forsberg will be available..
I see Columbus going for Murray or Forsberg. They no longer have the obligation to draft Yakupov at #1, anything goes.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:29 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
LOL!! not sure you're making fun of me but that's ok if you are since it's good to make light of things, and...can't laugh at yourself then who can you laugh at, right?!! TWD style...what is this again?!

Comics...no but I am a wanna-be writer!! (working on it!).
Comics...not a bad idea! but not as easy at it looks! ( and you need to draw well enough or hire someone who can draw well!).

No, I'm not McFarlane!! is he the Garfield cartoonist? I forget but that name is so very familiar and I should know it!

BTW, when the heck will we know the lottery draft results and order...8:45? 9pm?!! I thought we would know by now!!
Naw I wasn't making fun. TWD = The Walking Dead, the comix that inspired the TV show, it's great stuff.

Old
04-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Et le But

Grigorenko had 0 points and is -1 in a Quebec win..anyone know the details?

Closed Thread