HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tortorella Fined $20,000 for Pittsburgh Comments

Old
04-06-2012, 05:52 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
He never said anything about the NHL. They fined him for ripping Pittsburgh. They made Milbury "apologize" for his comments. They are really worried about the perception of that franchise. Incredible.

Even Katie Strang thinks its BS and she never takes a stand on anything

https://twitter.com/#!/KatieStrangES...95557507706880

All the NHL accomplished was strengthening the perception about them favoring Pitt.
While I 100% agree with you, it's HEAVILY implied by him that the league is letting them get away with it. They're an arrogant team because they know the league won't touch them, so they go ahead and do whatever they want with no respect for other players because they know the NHL will look the other way.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Where do I send my check?

Torts is 100% right. 2 knee injuries caused by 2 Penguins players in back to back games.. Hmmmm..

Just glad JB is ok and I hope Steppan is ok too.
Maybe Rodent can start another Torts campaign, like last time he got fined. I will definetely give $$.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:54 PM
ck20

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
What happens if fans throw money over the glass and onto the benches? Would you be thrown out of the Garden?
You'd probably be put on terrorist watch by Bettman's standards for attempting to aid and fund a high-ranking terrorist official's militant agenda.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
I'd like to hear you argue about Matt Cooke being a changed man.
No suspensions thus far or anything close. I'm still waiting on how Asham intentionally kneed Boychuk?

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
While I 100% agree with you, it's HEAVILY implied by him that the league is letting them get away with it. They're an arrogant team because they know the league won't touch them, so they go ahead and do whatever they want with no respect for other players because they know the NHL will look the other way.
"Implied" in the same way the Devils violated "The Spirit" of the CBA with the Kovy deal.

The NHL isn't interested in sticking to the letter of the law. It is evident that they are willing to stretch and reconstitute the rules pretty much whenever they please.

04-06-2012, 05:55 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Even Stern doesn't bow down to the Lakers like this.

Absolutely embarrassing for this league.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:55 PM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

I hate the Pens more than anyone else including the devils. In a situation like this, do you think the team chips in and gives Torts 20g?

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
lol and then the league punished him for saying this.

i swear to God i never thought i'd see the day where i would root for Philly, but Jesus man, you guys gotta crush em.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
"Implied" in the same way the Devils violated "The Spirit" of the CBA with the Kovy deal.

The NHL isn't interested in sticking to the letter of the law. It is evident that they are willing to stretch and reconstitute the rules pretty much whenever they please.
Exactly! That's why the NHL is behind Nascar and just above WWE (Wrestling) as a sport in the US. This league's credibility is the same as wrestling. Disgusting!

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 05:58 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
No suspensions thus far or anything close. I'm still waiting on how Asham intentionally kneed Boychuk?
I'd still like to know why Lemieux wasn't fined last year for saying the league "failed" following the isles game.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:00 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I'd still like to know why Lemieux wasn't fined last year for saying the league "failed" following the isles game.
This truly bothers me. I truly believe the league doesn't have any biases, but when Mario didn't get fined for that, but Torts gets fined for this, it makes it very hard to explain.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Baby Punisher

This leauge is a joke. J O K E JOKE!

Tort's is fined for telling the truth. Unbeliveable. When did Mario Lemuiex become the silent partner of the NHL?

I will gladly donate money to pay Tort's fine.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:02 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Are you ****ing kidding me? This is ****ing infuriating, the league is a ****ing joke. Add another $20k bonus to his paycheck.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Is there an official statement from the NHL explaining this at all? Seriously, what is being fined here officially? NHL makes the coach do a post game presser, tells him you better answer their questions, then fine him for doing so? Bull ****ing ****. Seriously, someone needs to set up a donation fund for Torts. That's what, $50,000 on the year in fines for him? The first time was legitimate, although the number too high, but this one is nonsense.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
The only thing John Tortorella can do wrong now from here is apologizing for what he said. You don't apologize for speaking the truth. And especially when 'the truth' is supported by factual evidence.

a) No practical purpose for apologizing (i.e., the NHL is not going to reduce the ridiculous fine.)

b) What is he going to apologize for anyway? Can anyone even give a legitimate argument for what he did wrong? (And if you cite the league wide reputation speech [i.e., standing up for themselves blah blah or whatever], the reply is that Brooks Orpik delivering a dirty 'knee on knee hit' with no discipline as a result, affects that very 'image'.

c) John Tortorella truly feels this way. What he truly feels is supported by factual evidence.

So please. Do not apologize. It's getting ridiculous to see the right thing being done (i.e., calling out a hypocritical and dirty organization) only to have everything being taken away by 'political-correctness' and 'image'.

Epictetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:03 PM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Looks like the Penguins will bring the rest of the Atlantic and maybe the league together. No room for woman's hockey in the nhl.

Old
04-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Xtranova

That Letang dive is just another point to prove it... And it will pile up if people came with all examples!

Wasn't there a video about a year ago where even players voted Sid as the most whining player in the league? With around 47% of the votes or something?

Ok, Mario. Sell your club. Atlanta would a nice place....

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:05 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

Oh I totally agree. There hasn't been any consistency with just about anything they do. Just saying.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:06 PM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

No use arguing this with Pens fans though. They are all 12 and under. The older ones left before the tankings.

Old
04-06-2012, 06:06 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
That's the difference between the Pens and the rest of the Atlantic division. I actually respect the Devils, Isles, and Flyers and their fans. The Pens are just an embarrassment to the sport. I have no respect for that organization.
That's because they have been getting their way for 40 years. I remember, I think it was the 02 series against the pens. Graves slash Mario on the had, Mario cried how his had was probably broken, Graves gets suspended and Mario played the next game.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:07 PM
ck20

Funny thing is the Isles got fined $100,000 for what happened in that brawl, with the Pens getting absolutely nothing.

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:08 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Can the league fine an owner? Doesn't the Commissioner work for the Owners in a sense. The Fact that Lemieux didn't use any expletives probably helped.

Old
04-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

So Ryan Miller can get away with calling Lucic a POS in an interview. But Lucic isn't a Penguin, so Miller doesn't get fined. But Torts just says that they whine. Gets fined.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Xtranova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
So Ryan Miller can get away with calling Lucic a POS in an interview. But Lucic isn't a Penguin, so Miller doesn't get fined. But Torts just says that they whine. Gets fined.
That is how the NHL rolls indeed...

Xtranova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 06:11 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Funny thing is the Isles got fined $100,000 for what happened in that brawl, with the Pens getting absolutely nothing.
Is that surprising? Isles instigated the whole thing.